Все Категории

Siegfrund:  Stay the Blade failed to trigger in Live Arena.

Siegfrund: Stay the Blade failed to trigger in Live Arena.

Поиск
23 янв. 2024, 20:3723.01.24

Siegfrund: Stay the Blade failed to trigger in Live Arena.

Elhain cast Valley of Death.

It killed the remaining members of my team and Siegfrund as well.

The damage that would have killed him should have been blocked, as the skill was not on cooldown.

Instead what happened is everyone died, then he transformed, then he died.

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
23 янв. 2024, 20:4523.01.24
23 янв. 2024, 20:55(отредактировано)

It just happened again.  This time it happened when Countess Lix hit him with her A1.  He wasn't stunned.  It wasn't locked out.  It hadn't been used.  It wasn't on cooldown.

This means it's not connected to everyone taking a fatal hit at the same time.

It means it's just not working right in live arena.

In both cases NONE of it triggered.  Not the damage block.  Not the healing.  Not the Block Damage buff.  None of it.  He just died.

dthorne04Moderator
24 янв. 2024, 05:1724.01.24

Let me look into this in case this is an existing bug of any kind and I'll get back to you.

25 янв. 2024, 06:5925.01.24

This may be related:  Just a few minutes ago I was in a Live Arena match when suddenly his health and turn meter adjusted as though he'd prevented a fatal hit, but no animations played on either team.  That is, there was not even an attack animation from the opposing team.  

He was under a Block Buffs debuff at the time, so there would not have been a buff animation, but there were no attack animations either.  There was a momentary stutter and his turn jumped to the front in line.

I don't know if you guys do analysis of battle data, but I'm leaving this as my last battle for now so you can isolate it more easily.

27 фев. 2024, 15:4027.02.24

It's STILL HAPPENING.

It happend two matches in a row.

What gives!

dthorne04Moderator
27 фев. 2024, 20:3927.02.24

Hi,

Could you possibly record the next instance of this happening?

5 март 2024, 07:5305.03.24

I found another instance of it happening, this time in standard arena.

In this instance, the defender was using only Leorius, so it is as pure a setting as I can imagine for testing.  Leorius used Awesome Roar on his first turn, and it killed Siegfrund.  There were no other champions on their team, so it was impossible for Siegfrund's passive to be on cooldown.

It seems that the passive, in this situation, is being blocked by True Fear, perhaps with the stated 50% probability of fear effects.  If this is intended, it may be appropriate to have the in-game documentation reflect that True Fear can also prevent passive skills from activating, including passive damage blocking, shielding, and healing skills.

I was not expecting this to happen, so I did record anything, but the test should be easy enough to replicate.

dthorne04Moderator
5 март 2024, 16:5405.03.24

Hello again:

So looking back my inclination is what you're running into is a mixture of two things:

a visual bug related to Siegfrund that I believe was supposed to be cleaned up, and the Metamorph part of his passive triggering first, i.e. he's the last living ally. but, without seeing video I can't confirm this. :(

True Fear cannot block his passive, FWIW.

6 март 2024, 21:5306.03.24

Yes, there is something wrong with Siegfrund's passive in Live Arena.  Team was killed, and he transformed into second form.  HOWEVER AT THAT point he just sat there, with full turn meter, but did not get a chance to take a turn! No team revive, no nothing... he just sat there, suspended over the field.  The opposing team just took a few turns, killed him, and all done.  That isnt right. And no i couldnt "get a video" of it.. and it's LIVE Arena, so i dont think i'll be able to.  Please fix this.  Im trying to enjoy (and be able to use!) this very expensive Mythic Champ.  Thank you.

7 март 2024, 07:1007.03.24
7 март 2024, 07:11(отредактировано)

So, yes, his passive IS broken, then, because Leorius killed him without the passive working.

To reiterate, it was only one Leorius and nobody else on defense.  Leorius was on his bottom percentage point of HP with the Unkillable buff on.  Leorius used Awesome Roar as his opening move, and it killed Siegfrund.  Full health to dead.  No blocked damage.  No block damage buff.  Just dead.

That's not a visual bug.  That's at best prioritization bug, but it keeps manifesting in other ways and in other settings.

Not to be a sassy dickhead, but can you guys not run tests for this?  Or find it in the code?

dthorne04Moderator
7 март 2024, 08:2607.03.24

The reason why I ask for a video is as such:

Support/Devs operate under the assumption that something is working properly upon release and thus want to see something not working (often times because some bugs are perceived to be as such when they are not.) Of course we know bugs do pop up from time to time.

In the case of Siegfrund, we do know there was a bug of a visual nature that caused glitches with regards to death/transformation:

i

Lastly, there can be several issues causing perceived bugs with Siegfrund due to his passives. If the other allies die before he does, he'll be transformed into his alternate form thus negating the chance to proc Stay the Blade. Without seeing a potential bug in action, there's nothing that can be done with regards to sending in something to support.

7 март 2024, 17:1907.03.24

I dont like that answer from the moderator. There are more than 1 bug being reported now, and i think, specifically in Live Arena. (how can we capture an intermittent bug in Live Arena? Record each and every fight until it happens?? I dont have a large enough storage drive for that. The bug I reported is not "his passive didnt trigger" . .  It did indeed trigger. All allies were killed, and Siegfrund transformed. At that point however, after transformation, he did not get an extra turn. He did not get a turn at all. He stayed there, floating above the battlefield, with turnmeter fully reset (ie, it's his turn), but he did not get ANY turn.  He stayed there, and was killed by opposing team.  That "Extra Turn" is supposed to be the very next thing that happens after he transforms. (Thats the whole point... so he then revives the team).  Thats broken.  Please report this bug.  Please.

dthorne04Moderator
7 март 2024, 17:2207.03.24
7 март 2024, 17:33(отредактировано)
rick.devita

I dont like that answer from the moderator. There are more than 1 bug being reported now, and i think, specifically in Live Arena. (how can we capture an intermittent bug in Live Arena? Record each and every fight until it happens?? I dont have a large enough storage drive for that. The bug I reported is not "his passive didnt trigger" . .  It did indeed trigger. All allies were killed, and Siegfrund transformed. At that point however, after transformation, he did not get an extra turn. He did not get a turn at all. He stayed there, floating above the battlefield, with turnmeter fully reset (ie, it's his turn), but he did not get ANY turn.  He stayed there, and was killed by opposing team.  That "Extra Turn" is supposed to be the very next thing that happens after he transforms. (Thats the whole point... so he then revives the team).  Thats broken.  Please report this bug.  Please.

unfortunately whether you like my answer or not I can't bring anything to devs to investigate without seeing it in action. 

I've mentioned it to another bug support mod in case they run into a case of it with visual proof. 

7 март 2024, 22:4707.03.24

im sorry you took that the wrong way. It was not meant to be an insult, and certainly not meant to be personal.  To wit -  i just burned 30 (Thirty) Arena tokens after seeing this condition one time in Classic Arena. I burned the tokens in hopes that i could reproduce it against the same team. But then i realized... im doing this to test and confirm in a recording, for something thata you guys should be able to do, free of charge! I am actually buying arena refills trying to reproduce this ... and that's not right.  This will likely get more notice as more people use Siegfrund... but i really didnt want to have to wait months, and so i (something i never do) decided to report the bug.  The insistence that "there must be a video" doesnt scale (in this case financially!) I shouldnt be buying arena refills and spending hrs trying to capture a video. This should be quality control testing, in-house.

7 март 2024, 22:4907.03.24
dthorne04

unfortunately whether you like my answer or not I can't bring anything to devs to investigate without seeing it in action. 

I've mentioned it to another bug support mod in case they run into a case of it with visual proof. 

Thank you for mentioning it to another Mod -  at least theres some visibility there, i appreciate it.  

dthorne04Moderator
8 март 2024, 03:1108.03.24
8 март 2024, 03:12(отредактировано)
rick.devita

Thank you for mentioning it to another Mod -  at least theres some visibility there, i appreciate it.  

no worries.

and the thing is so far that every instance of suspected Siegfrund bugs by players has turned out to be working as intended according to support

i.e. instances where the Metamorph passive procs when it seems like Stay the Blade should, resulting in Sieg dying in a correct fashion

8 март 2024, 03:4708.03.24

I assumed that if the Metamorph passive procs, the very next thing to happen (or again, that should happen), is that he gets an extra turn - right there and then.  If you (or support, or the devs), are saying "no, he can metamorph, and not instantly get the extra turn, and therefore be killed by other means /opponents turns", then yes, thats what i've seen (twice now).  He metamorphed... didnt get the :extra turn" and was promptly dispatched.

17 март 2024, 07:1017.03.24
17 март 2024, 07:13(отредактировано)

"If the other allies die before he does, he'll be transformed into his alternate form thus negating the chance to proc Stay the Blade."

But that's not what happened.  Everyone took fatal damage at the same time, from the same hit.  Awesome Roar is only one attack with only one hit against the affected targets.

That's not a visual bug.  If everyone received the same fatal attack at the same time, his passive should have triggered, because they were still alive and he was still in his base form at the time it happened.

Also, it's still happening.  It just happened again.  And it's not isolated to Live Arena.

dthorne04Moderator
17 март 2024, 07:1617.03.24
Ward Cooper

"If the other allies die before he does, he'll be transformed into his alternate form thus negating the chance to proc Stay the Blade."

But that's not what happened.  Everyone took fatal damage at the same time, from the same hit.  Awesome Roar is only one attack with only one hit against the affected targets.

That's not a visual bug.  If everyone received the same fatal attack at the same time, his passive should have triggered, because they were still alive and he was still in his base form at the time it happened.

Also, it's still happening.  It just happened again.  And it's not isolated to Live Arena.

it's almost certainly functioning similar to how sandlashed survivor works, in that order of damage taken is causing the interactions 

as of now siegfrund has been deemed working as intended by the devs