Все Категории

Anyone here read SF/F?

Anyone here read SF/F?

Поиск
24 дек. 2022, 09:5224.12.22

Anyone here read SF/F?

Just wondered if we have many book readers here, especially science fiction/fantasy readers?

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
dthorne04Moderator
24 дек. 2022, 22:4324.12.22

High fantasy is my jam. Big fan of Stormlight Archive, or really anything by Sanderson. Game of Thrones and Kingkiller Chronicle but uhh, those are never getting finished. >_<

What're your favorites?

25 дек. 2022, 05:3425.12.22
25 дек. 2022, 09:07(отредактировано)

Big fan of David Gemmell here - Legend is a classic - though Abercrombie and Brian McClellan are also favorites. Also liked what Scott Lynch had done so far, but looks like he's another that's not going to finish his series! Will probably end up re-reading the original Dragonlance trilogy and The Hobbit again soon. :)

As for science fiction, outside of the classics, the only modern authors I've followed are Ralph Kern and Dennis E Taylor. Dune is a regular re-read, and I should get around to The Martian by Weir as well again before long. :)

If I'm allowed to say, I'm also published as "Brian G Turner" with a couple of my novels free as ebooks over Christmas week on Amazon - though if mentioning that comes across as spamming, feel free to remove this sentence from my post. :)

NB: Interesting, Brandon Sanderson is one of the few big names I've yet to meet at a con, though his writing lectures on YouTube are always recommended viewing. :)