Все Категории

What is with the offers Plarium??

Поиск
1 март 2021, 22:2801.03.21

ok so there is an pack strong  offer in the shop 

the first in the pack strong offer says for 9.99 USD I can get 5 refills and 850 energy, that translates to 1500 energy for 9.99 USD, but the last offer in the pack string chain offer is 1000 energy and 6 refills for 2.99 USD and that translates to 1800 energy for 3 USD. so anyone who understands the business model please explain how this offer makes sense. if you separate the offers I would love to go for 1000 energy and 6 refills for 2.99 USD for sure

by the way Plarium, you again forgot to put the exact price of each offer in the chain offer

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
1 март 2021, 22:5001.03.21

The business model is psychological manipulation. It relies on the fact that you'll have to buy everything in-between the first and last offer. They tempt you with the last offer real cheap, and while you may be intellectually aware that there's a pretty massive catch here, your subconscious is another matter. It creates a stress in you that you'll miss out on that last great deal in order to pressure you into buying the whole package. They didn't "forget" to put the price of the middle offers in the chain there, they did it so you wouldn't think about the fact that you'll have to pay for those as well. In fact, as I'm sure they are well aware, a lot less people would buy the whole thing if it was a single pack with a single price that was exactly equal to the sum total of the chained offer, because it's always easier to ask people for a little bit and then a little bit more than it is to ask them for a lot at once.

This is hardly anything new. Part of the reason things are priced as $9.99 instead of just $10 is because your subconscious mind will perceive it as a much lower price than it actually is (another reason has to do with cash registers and employees stealing which is kind of interesting, but I digress). Sales etc. are all serving a very similar purpose. Some businesses are far more egregious when it comes to somewhat morally questionable things like that, but most everyone does it to some extent. 

1 март 2021, 22:5201.03.21
1 март 2021, 22:57(отредактировано)

I still think Plarium would make more money if they tried a more straight forward approach but I suppose you are right from the business and marketing point of view.

1 март 2021, 23:0101.03.21

I'm sure they've done their math. There's an old quote from somewhere that you should never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. I find that in the business world, the opposite is more often true than not. I'm not wired that way, which is why I'll probably never be rich. However, let's just say that it's not a coincidence that sociopathy is far more common in the top echelons of the business world than it is in the general population.