Все Категории

Arena Offense vs Defense ratings

Поиск
21 авг. 2020, 19:3221.08.20

Sorry if this has been discussed already.

I don’t understand how there can be separate and different ratings for arena offense and defense.  Why would a champion have one rating for offense and a different rating for defense?   I don’t see how being on offense is any different than being on defense.  Please explain.
Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
21 авг. 2020, 20:3221.08.20

Most players you ask would tell you the same that the only difference between offend & defend is manual vs. auto, or human vs. AI.

I tell you different story. It is because AI controls but does not understand human setup, in every normal condition & same setup, human will defeat AI. Plarium then buff arena defend teams, let AI have better chance to defeat players. That also lead to champs have different review in offend vs. defend. 
21 авг. 2020, 23:3421.08.20
Ident20 said:

Most players you ask would tell you the same that the only difference between offend & defend is manual vs. auto, or human vs. AI.

I tell you different story. It is because AI controls but does not understand human setup, in every normal condition & same setup, human will defeat AI. Plarium then buff arena defend teams, let AI have better chance to defeat players. That also lead to champs have different review in offend vs. defend. 
1st part is accurate, 2nd... just a conspiracy theory :)
21 авг. 2020, 23:4321.08.20

V White Fang V said:

I don’t understand how there can be separate and different ratings for arena offense and defense.  Why would a champion have one rating for offense and a different rating for defense?   I don’t see how being on offense is any different than being on defense.  Please explain.

Unless you're doing an auto on all of your offensive arena battles, they're different.

Have you ever noticed that when in auto your champ does a move that you wouldn't do if you control it manually? That's how the rating works

In offense, people usually rate the skill set, how useful those skill set in any given situation.

In defense, people usually rate the skill set and how the AI utilise them, a champion may have a great skillset, but then the AI use them not in an appropriate timing would give a champion a lower Arena Defense rating than it's offense arena rating
22 авг. 2020, 00:2522.08.20
OzzLee said:

V White Fang V said:

Unless you're doing an auto on all of your offensive arena battles, they're different.

Have you ever noticed that when in auto your champ does a move that you wouldn't do if you control it manually? That's how the rating works

In offense, people usually rate the skill set, how useful those skill set in any given situation.

In defense, people usually rate the skill set and how the AI utilise them, a champion may have a great skillset, but then the AI use them not in an appropriate timing would give a champion a lower Arena Defense rating than it's offense arena rating
Thanks Ozzlee...I think I get it.  
22 авг. 2020, 05:1222.08.20
22 авг. 2020, 05:18(отредактировано)

Arena Offense = You can Manual or Auto

Arena Defense = You can Only Auto 

Most people rate a hero differently because of how the AI Computer plays the hero on Auto.

For Example:

Madam Serris --------------> Madam is Famous for her (A3 Move) it Remove Buffs on Enemy + put Defense Down

Madam Serris on Auto ---> The AI prioritizes doing the A2 Move.

Arena Offense ---------> Players give Madam a higher score because they can Manually Force her to do the A3 move

Arena Defense --------> Players give Madam a lower score because she doesn't do the move they want her to do.

You can't force the AI to play a move on Defense because you have on control of the situation.

As a Result, Some people don't even like using Madam Serris in there Arena Defense.

The above example is the most common reason a hero might have different Offense vs. Defense scores.

It is also the same answer a few other players said to you prior to my post here.

I just wanted to give you an example to drive it home.

Also I wanted to give another reason as to why a hero will have a bad score on Defense vs. Offense.

It isn't as commonly talked about as the previous explanation, but I do think it can be a factor.

The best word I can use to describe what I am talking about is the word "Sabotage".

Or another way to describe what I am talking about is "Complex Plays"

The AI computer plays some heroes perfectly fine on Arena Defense.

Yet, some heroes still get a bad wrap on Arena Defense.

Let me give you an example:

Hakkorn Smashlord ---> The Smashlord is famous for his (A2 Move) It Heals + Removes Debuffs + Block Buffs 

It's an amazing move all around, but in this example I am not going to talk about it.

Instead, I am going to talk about Hakkorn Smashlord most
controversial  move the A3 Move.

I am going to post you the exact text of Hakkorn Smash Lords A3 move below:

Receives damage equal to 50% of this Champion’s MAX HP. Always inflicts a normal hit. This will happen even if it kills this Champion. If not killed, attacks all enemies. Damage is proportional to 50% of this Champion’s MAX HP.

Now as a Human - You can understand Hakkorns A3 move is like a Last Stand type of move.

It's like a Kamikaze move!

Most Human's would use Hakkorn A1 + A2 moves the majority of the fight.

Than when there Hakkorn is fixing to die - The last ditch effort would be to do the A3 move.

Hakkorn is fixing to die & before he does ---> I'm try to take out as many of the enemy heroes as I can.

Right? Easy to understand for a Human

But its not easy for a computer to understand!

The computer sees the fight in a simple manner.

The computer will play the fight out completely different.

This is what the computer will do:

Hakkorn A3 move is off cool down -----> Let me use it!

Hakkorn A2 move is off cool down -----> Let me use it!

Both A3 + A2 are on cool down ---------> Plays the A1 waiting for the A3 + A2 to come back

Oh, Goodie - The A3 move is back ----> Let me use it!

Oh, Goodie - The A2 move is back ----> Let me use it!

Do you see the problem which is happening here?

The AI computer is playing perfectly fine, but its all wrong.

The reason it is all wrong is because the AI computer doesn't have the complex thinking to understand the situation.

And what is the result of not understanding the situation?

The AI computer is sabotaging your Hakkorn Smashlord. lol

Hopefully, this can shed some light on another issue which happens.

It can cause heroes to be rated differently on offense vs. defense.
22 авг. 2020, 07:3622.08.20
22 авг. 2020, 07:36(отредактировано)

V White Fang V said:

Thanks Ozzlee...I think I get it.  

Trips said:

1st part is accurate, 2nd... just a conspiracy theory :)

--------------------

That is the reason I do not want to enlighten idiots, they are crowded and everywhere.

Arena offend higher Arena defend because of blah blah blah .....

Because Arena offend is what they see, Defend only see results, Normally every one will judge it is higher, but not all. Check Atlan, Jareg. 

Waste my time! Idiots !