Все Категории

Is there any reason to care about Arena Defense?

Поиск
1 фев. 2020, 19:0601.02.20

Just like it says in the title.  There does not seem to be any reason for me to keep up a defensive team.  Well, there was that one mission to win one defensive battle but other than that why should I care?
Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
1 фев. 2020, 19:2501.02.20
1 фев. 2020, 21:16(отредактировано)

You must care of your defense team, man! It's important to have it fully loaded with 4/1* Deathknights in time of arena enents.

But the rest of the time it's there just to scare others. 

1 фев. 2020, 22:0401.02.20

Hi,

Great Hall is important, like arena tiers. Didn't you see that you get bonuses by your tier? So, if you want to reach a tier, you have to play arena (attack and defense).
2 фев. 2020, 00:4602.02.20
Valdys said:

if you want to reach a tier, you have to play arena (attack and defense).
Are you saying we get points toward tier levels through defense?  I did not think that to be the case.
2 фев. 2020, 01:1002.02.20
You lose points for every loss, and gain points for every victory... offense or defense.
2 фев. 2020, 01:3402.02.20
So people are trying to lose on defense to get easier opponents when on offense? Hmm. The medals are so hard to grind I'm not sure it is worth it for me to do that for this event. 
2 фев. 2020, 02:1602.02.20
You may want to stay at the highest arena tier that you can, for the bonus stats it gives and for the medals to upgrade your great hall which is very important
2 фев. 2020, 03:1402.02.20
Trips said:

So people are trying to lose on defense to get easier opponents when on offense? Hmm. The medals are so hard to grind I'm not sure it is worth it for me to do that for this event. 
It may not be worth it for the event.  But in the long run it is worth it to stay in a higher tier for the tier bonuses, and to get medals for the great hall which are permanent bonuses. 
2 фев. 2020, 11:1902.02.20

Of course you will want to be in highest possible tier for the Hall bonuses and for better ratio of medals for token spend, as other says, but that is not the point of your question. Neither my first answer was. So, on more serious note and to answer your question - think of your defense team as a tool.

Let say you make it to Gold 4 and you don't have team (or motivation, or whatever) to push for Platinium. You will want to stay in lower end of G4, because there is no different in Hall bonuses and that ratio of token/medals, no matter where you are in that Gold 4. You still get those +20% and 4 medals per token no matter if you are 2 battles away from Platinium or you have just entered Gold 4.

But you definitely will want to turn your token into medals with highest possible win rate, right? That means you will prefer to face easier opponent than some monster team, right? Don't feel bad about that, we all do. But with every win you will progress further into Gold 4 and eventually you will face more and more difficult to beat opponents. Meaning you are less effective in term of farming.

That's where you defense team come into play. You will not gain any meaningful advantages or disadvantage when you win or lose defense battle (medal wise), you just lose or gain team power and that further will push you forward or keep you back. So, try to use your defense team as tool to keep you in lower end of your highest possible or preferred tier.

I honestly don't see any other practical use of defense team beyond that except when it's Arena event, when you will want to lower your defense team power, so other will have easy time to win, as you have easy time to beat their lowered defense.

btw, English is not my native language, hence those typos and bad grammar, so don't be so harsh on me

2 фев. 2020, 14:0702.02.20
Daering said:

Of course you will want to be in highest possible tier for the Hall bonuses and for better ratio of medals for token spend, as other says, but that is not the point of your question. Neither my first answer was. So, on more serious note and to answer your question - think of your defense team as a tool.

Let say you make it to Gold 4 and you don't have team (or motivation, or whatever) to push for Platinium. You will want to stay in lower end of G4, because there is no different in Hall bonuses and that ratio of token/medals, no matter where you are in that Gold 4. You still get those +20% and 4 medals per token no matter if you are 2 battles away from Platinium or you have just entered Gold 4.

But you definitely will want to turn your token into medals with highest possible win rate, right? That means you will prefer to face easier opponent than some monster team, right? Don't feel bad about that, we all do. But with every win you will progress further into Gold 4 and eventually you will face more and more difficult to beat opponents. Meaning you are less effective in term of farming.

That's where you defense team come into play. You will not gain any meaningful advantages or disadvantage when you win or lose defense battle (medal wise), you just lose or gain team power and that further will push you forward or keep you back. So, try to use your defense team as tool to keep you in lower end of your highest possible or preferred tier.

I honestly don't see any other practical use of defense team beyond that except when it's Arena event, when you will want to lower your defense team power, so other will have easy time to win, as you have easy time to beat their lowered defense.

btw, English is not my native language, hence those typos and bad grammar, so don't be so harsh on me

Well said!
4 фев. 2020, 05:5604.02.20

I disagree.

You want to be in the highest tier you can win medals at.  Being gold 4 and winning 1 out of 10 battles gets you...4 medals?

But if you can win 5 out of 10 in gold 3 you get 15 medals?

Now, if there is an event and you need the event rewards then it makes sense to drop to the lowest level needed to win the highest # of medals to get the rewards.

And losing defense loses you rank points, not medals I believe.
4 фев. 2020, 09:0704.02.20

The pvp (if one can call it that) is ridiculous in this game. The crowd control is ludicrous. It is the worst part of this game, hands down. 

The original poster is spot on. The only purpose of arena is for Great Hall bonus and it is far, FAR more efficient to fight in the gold 4 ranks than platinum. The rewards for staying in the platinum tier are paltry. 

Keep your defense as a single level 1 one star champion. This allows others to rapidly generate medals and quickly pushes you down to the lower gold 4 levels so you can farm medals as well. 

4 фев. 2020, 12:0504.02.20
summerebay said:

I disagree.

You want to be in the highest tier you can win medals at.  Being gold 4 and winning 1 out of 10 battles gets you...4 medals?

But if you can win 5 out of 10 in gold 3 you get 15 medals?

Now, if there is an event and you need the event rewards then it makes sense to drop to the lowest level needed to win the highest # of medals to get the rewards.

And losing defense loses you rank points, not medals I believe.
That's what I say exactly. You need to be there, where you will get most of your tokens. The fact is that G4 is where 98-99% of players will spend most of their time if they play enough. For almost all of us G4 is some sort of "soft wall" and the only reasonable place for farming. 
4 фев. 2020, 15:0004.02.20

I think I get it now. 

1) Until this event is over I should have weak defense to drop as low as possible to win as close to 100% as possible. Don't worry about GH bonus for a couple days.

2) Then try and get back to silver 2 where I can get 2x as medals per win then silver 1 but only if my win rate is 2x or better than in silver 1.

Basically maximize my medal accumulation outside of event, straight wins during this event.

Thanks everyone

4 фев. 2020, 15:5204.02.20
4 фев. 2020, 16:35(отредактировано)

Still, try not to drop to lower tier, there is no practical use of that, as you will face same team power in the end of S1 and in the beginning of S2; and if Arena reset happens when you are in that previous tier it will drag you to very beginning of that tier and you will need to climb your way back all the way. That sux. 

If you are in S2, stay there, maybe drop your defense to go back a little if thing are harder and your win rate isn't that high, farm your tokens and when you feel confident push S3.We all want to drop defense to help other in time of events, but not at the cost of our own progress. 

In my second account i made my arena team priority and push for G4. I was in G4 at 70k, currently at 92k, with no proper aura (still don't have any arena aura, hehehe, what a luck), The moment I arrive in G4 I drop priority from my Arena team and focus on other activities. If i can farm my tokens at reasonable rate i don't see reason even to 6* champ that can work at 5* there. But i never got stuck at those arena progress missions like my other/first account. 

And, needless to say, i don't find farming arena medals fun at all. Just run all my tokens for the day and never look back. More like work than entertainment.