Все Категории

Price Comparison - Special Skill Pack (Spending vs Non-Spending Offers)

Поиск
26 июнь 2019, 22:1026.06.19

In this comparison, we will be looking exclusively at the two deals that are priced at $49.99 USD. This deal just came out last night. Both of these deals are from two of my accounts. I spend on one of them, the other I don't spend. The account that I do spend on is offered higher priced packs. 

$49.99 USD offer for the account that I do spend on includes:

9 rare skill tomes

4 epic skill tomes

1.5 million silver

1,500 gems

$49.99 USD offer for the account that I do not spend on includes:

7 epic skill tomes

3 legendary skill tomes

1.25 million silver

1,2500 gems

The items in the offers slightly vary (swapping rare tomes and legendary tomes), but one of the offers is clearly better than the other. You cannot refute this. Legendary skill tomes are extremely rare and can skill up legendary champions' skills while rare skill tomes are fairly easy to obtain and can only skill up rare champions' skills. KIWIMCSHEEP (moderator) has stated that they have passed on the information about offering varying priced packs depending on spending habits to the devs. 

Quote from KIWIMCSHEEP from https://plarium.com/forum/en/raid-shadow-legends/674_game-discussion/131425_different-prices-for-packs/3/:

"All information gathered(including this thread) was given to the support team(which themselves were already looking into the matter) and Devs.

They have indicated that they have taken all the feedback on board and will take into consideration for all future offers. "

Obviously nothing changed (I honestly didn't think they would just from observing how they handle things). Plarium continues to not take important feedback, especially on an extremely shady business practice like this. This thread is to educate newer players on how Plarium operates. I'm not telling you to stop spending, that's your own personal decision. What I'm hoping for out of this is that Plarium actually makes a change before they get hit with legal matters. There is already proof that Plarium has offered deals with the same exact items, with different quantities of those items, for the same exact price depending on your spending habits(you can find that in the thread that I linked above). Although the items slightly vary in this thread's comparison, there is still no refuting which deal is better for the same price. No one will turn down legendary tomes. 

What would be sad is if moderators come to this thread and try to defend Plarium. You also know that what they're doing is ethically wrong. Please, just tell them to be fair to all of their players. This treatment is really not okay. 

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
CirillaAdmin
27 июнь 2019, 12:1527.06.19
Hello! Thank you for sharing your observations and concerns here. As you have correctly noticed, the items in both packages differ, there are more resources of one kind and fewer of another. Some Tomes would be more useful for one group of players, and some for others (depending on their level in the game and on the champions that they would like to develop). What I would like to point out is that Kiwi was right. We have been collecting the data about all kinds of purchases in the game, analyzing our players' needs and desires and planning contents of packages based on that. Now, we are still in the testing phase. The example of the work that is being conducted in this area are these double offers that appeared in the game some time ago. And there will be more. Just wait for it.
27 июнь 2019, 17:3527.06.19
I feel sorry for the players who don't seek to educate themselves on how Plarium runs their game. A lot of unsuspecting people have probably been taken advantage of. F2P 4 Life!! 
27 июнь 2019, 19:4327.06.19

Cirilla said:

Hello! Thank you for sharing your observations and concerns here. As you have correctly noticed, the items in both packages differ, there are more resources of one kind and fewer of another. Some Tomes would be more useful for one group of players, and some for others (depending on their level in the game and on the champions that they would like to develop). What I would like to point out is that Kiwi was right. We have been collecting the data about all kinds of purchases in the game, analyzing our players' needs and desires and planning contents of packages based on that. Now, we are still in the testing phase. The example of the work that is being conducted in this area are these double offers that appeared in the game some time ago. And there will be more. Just wait for it.

Would you rather have:

9 rare skill tomes

250k silver

250 gems

OR

3 epic skill tomes

3 legendary skill tomes

for the same price? 

That's the difference between the two $49.99 USD deals. 250k silver is easily farmable in under 30 minutes. 250 gems is 6 energy refills. Keep in mind that Plarium just put out a deal for 5 rare tomes for $4.99 USD. That's $1 value per rare skill tomes. The price for 9 rare skill tomes, 250k silver, and 250 gems will be roughly $12-15 USD. Now, would you sell 3 epic skill tomes and 3 legendary skill tomes for $12-15 USD? The answer is CLEARLY no. Please, just stop defending Plarium when they are clearly doing something terribly wrong. 
27 июнь 2019, 20:5327.06.19

1 buck for a rare tome? 

My offered deal of the day: 

If only I could purchase it more than three times...
27 июнь 2019, 21:2527.06.19
And this is the exact reason ive gone to ZERO being spent on my account. The hell with supporting a company / game that continues to not see how theyre package differences are ignorant with my hard earned money.
27 июнь 2019, 21:5027.06.19
C`mon, give yourself a push. You might miss the chance to receive the special sale offer to purchase 100.000 silver for only 9.99€ (90% off).
27 июнь 2019, 22:3427.06.19
crestar said:

C`mon, give yourself a push. You might miss the chance to receive the special sale offer to purchase 100.000 silver for only 9.99€ (90% off).
I cannot miss that insane deal! That deal must be "HOT!" the moment it is put up! 
27 июнь 2019, 22:3927.06.19

Deal that I got. Condolences to you lmao. 

crestar said:

1 buck for a rare tome? 

My offered deal of the day: 

If only I could purchase it more than three times...
28 июнь 2019, 07:1028.06.19

Cirilla said:

This is not a case of analyzing player's needs and desires. This is a case of upcharging players who are buying packs and supporting the game. This stuff really makes my blood boil, because its taking advantage of players who are unaware of these types of shady business practices, and companies like Plarium are just constantly getting away with it. The fact that RNG is a factor in things like armor upgrades is already on the edge of what could be constituted as fair game. But when you make RNG a factor in deals and lower chances of good deals for people paying for the game, and then claim you are 'still in the testing phase', well guess what, REAL PEOPLE are PAYING for your tests. Why in the world would Plarium run these deals before they've even fleshed out values and made packs that are consistently priced? This is seriously problematic, and you guys need to step it up and test BEFOREHAND, release after. 

And also speaking of really messed up business practices, you guys really ought to put a list of each champion based on rarity, with a percentage of pulling each one. With the amount of shards I've opened, seen other people open, I'm confident that the rates for rare champions in particular are  skewed in favor of others. Starter champions have lower rates to pull that weak campaign heroes from ancient shards, and stronger uncommon heroes like Shieldguard are very rarely obtained from mystery shards compared to other heroes. This knowledge makes me pretty confident that it's the same case for epic and legendary champions, which is complete dishonesty from Plarium, because people put so much money into buying shards just for the slight chance at getting heroes they want, and to top it off, the chances of getting each champion is left unspecified. This is not only rigged, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's straight up illegal.

28 июнь 2019, 07:1728.06.19
28 июнь 2019, 07:21(отредактировано)
Some Tomes would be more useful for one group of players, and some for others (depending on their level in the game and on the champions that they would like to develop). What I would like to point out is that Kiwi was right. We have been collecting the data about all kinds of purchases in the game, analyzing our players' needs and desires and planning contents of packages based on that.

@Mods: two questions here on my side. 

1) Did plariums superb analyzing tool/methods clarified me as someone who isn`t interested in rare tomes and therefore I received this overwhelming offer to get me on the hook and/or am I considered a mentally deranged milkable whale? In one or both cases i`d suggest you let the devs thoroughly check the analyzing tool...

2) What is your approach this time to explain the difference in price-performance ratio comparing the two offered deals?

I`d appreciate some straight talking, instead of the typical pr-duct.

28 июнь 2019, 18:0628.06.19
28 июнь 2019, 18:07(отредактировано)

Cirilla said:

I feel like you guys are mostly just exploiting people who spend more aka 'we give pricer packages for who have gambling problems'. The data collected is mostly to do with how much a player spends. It's very obvious as many people have two accounts now and notice this, including myself. I get that the more expensive package has more, but often it still doesn't justify the price increase by simply doubling the shards and giving a bunch of gems and calling it a day. All packages should be the same, for everyone. If you want to offer a lowball package and a high spender package, then fine, but offer BOTH to everyone. 

This kind of way of running things is really shady though. Take the current deal, 

7 shards, 21 brews, 500 gems for 27.99 EURO

vs

15 shards, 45 brews, 1750 gems for 109.99 EURO

Let's take a look at this further, right? First off let's double the top package to get a closer average on how you guys base this 'but we give more stuff!' claim.

14 shards, 42 brews, 1000 gems for 55.98 EURO

vs

So you are teling me that +1 shard, +3 brews, and 750 gems equal the remaining 54.01 EURO? This is not good math of how packages should work. I feel it's exploiting people and it's really dirty. If you are going to offer both packages fair enough, but everyone can see what you guys are doing. :) 

28 июнь 2019, 18:1728.06.19

Valleriani said:

Cirilla said:

I feel like you guys are mostly just exploiting people who spend more aka 'we give pricer packages for who have gambling problems'. The data collected is mostly to do with how much a player spends. It's very obvious as many people have two accounts now and notice this, including myself. I get that the more expensive package has more, but often it still doesn't justify the price increase by simply doubling the shards and giving a bunch of gems and calling it a day. All packages should be the same, for everyone. If you want to offer a lowball package and a high spender package, then fine, but offer BOTH to everyone. 

This kind of way of running things is really shady though. Take the current deal, 

vs

Let's take a look at this further, right? First off let's double the top package to get a closer average on how you guys base this 'but we give more stuff!' claim.

vs

So you are teling me that +1 shard, +3 brews, and 750 gems equal the remaining 54.01 EURO? This is not good math of how packages should work. I feel it's exploiting people and it's really dirty. If you are going to offer both packages fair enough, but everyone can see what you guys are doing. :) 

Just to prepare you, they will probably not give you an answer. I think the best scenario is for other people to see this post and see for themselves how Plarium operates. Thank you for adding to this post. I want to keep it on the front page. You reminded me about something I forgot to add. 

@Cirilla, you say that Plarium now gives us a choice. I question the choices that they continue to give us. Why is my account that I don't spend on given the "choice" between a $24.99 USD and a $49.99 USD pack while on the account that I do spend on I get offered a $49.99 and a $99.99 pack? Yes, Plarium gave us choices, but the choices are more expensive on the spending account still. That is the problem. You can tell Plarium that they should be worried about legal matters if they don't change their antics. This is ridiculous. You and the other mods know this too, that's what makes it so sad. 

28 июнь 2019, 21:1928.06.19

Esdeath said:

Valleriani said:

Cirilla said:

vs

vs

Just to prepare you, they will probably not give you an answer. I think the best scenario is for other people to see this post and see for themselves how Plarium operates. Thank you for adding to this post. I want to keep it on the front page. You reminded me about something I forgot to add. 

@Cirilla, you say that Plarium now gives us a choice. I question the choices that they continue to give us. Why is my account that I don't spend on given the "choice" between a $24.99 USD and a $49.99 USD pack while on the account that I do spend on I get offered a $49.99 and a $99.99 pack? Yes, Plarium gave us choices, but the choices are more expensive on the spending account still. That is the problem. You can tell Plarium that they should be worried about legal matters if they don't change their antics. This is ridiculous. You and the other mods know this too, that's what makes it so sad. 

Bump this up every day and everywhere!

29 июнь 2019, 00:2829.06.19
Buddy said:

Esdeath said:

Valleriani said:

Cirilla said:

vs

vs

Bump this up every day and everywhere!

I appreciate the support!
29 июнь 2019, 00:4529.06.19

Good job, community, keep it up.

Esdeath said:

You and the other mods know this too, that's what makes it so sad. 

Also worth mentioning - in the old thread, when presented with pairs of screenshots from different accounts, the mod started to question their legitimacy, i.e. "well, you can't see a timestamp so maybe they are from different days blah blah" 

29 июнь 2019, 00:5729.06.19

kalo said:

Good job, community, keep it up.

Esdeath said:

You and the other mods know this too, that's what makes it so sad. 

Also worth mentioning - in the old thread, when presented with pairs of screenshots from different accounts, the mod started to question their legitimacy, i.e. "well, you can't see a timestamp so maybe they are from different days blah blah" 

Sad, they have lost their dignity. "But...but...I assure you that Plarium is NOT shady!" 

NOPE. Evidence tells me otherwise mods. 
29 июнь 2019, 01:0329.06.19
It is sad to see a company do this to the people that make it possible. 
29 июнь 2019, 01:0729.06.19
carlawmumaw said:

It is sad to see a company do this to the people that make it possible. 
Yes, it is very sad. This is the first time that I have come across a company that punishes its most loyal customers. What kind of backwards, greedy, business tactic is this? 
29 июнь 2019, 07:0029.06.19
I noticed that this was happening just few days ago. My main which has bought packs before gets bombarded with really shitty overpriced offers that no-one in their right mind should EVER consider, while my F2P alt gets pretty much half the deals for 1/4 of the price. That was the moment I decided that I will not spend another dollar in the cash shop due to how I'm being treated for actually wanting to pay for the game development. Wake up guys - this game is actually not all that worth it. It lures you with cool graphic style and fast progression at the beginning but what is there actually to it? Just an everyday grind and choirs laced with frequent disappointment. Arena is a joke. Amount of grind vs energy restriction is a joke. No actually PVP with LIVE players. Nothing to look forward to really. I'm kinda hanging out waiting for the update and new fusions, but deciding that I'm not gonna give Plarium any more money heavily limits the amount of game time I get each day - Losing interest fast because I clearly can't keep up without buying refills, which I'm not gonna do - and that's with the EXP buff active. I can only imagine what will happen to progression speed if I don't have the 100% EXP buff - Even early game with constant free energy refills and 2 weeks of EXP buffs, the game is a ridiculous grind. If you are not looking forward to constantly buying refills and EXP buffs later on and keep them up 100% of the time, just cut your loses and quit now.
29 июнь 2019, 11:5029.06.19
celejmich said:

I noticed that this was happening just few days ago. My main which has bought packs before gets bombarded with really shitty overpriced offers that no-one in their right mind should EVER consider, while my F2P alt gets pretty much half the deals for 1/4 of the price. That was the moment I decided that I will not spend another dollar in the cash shop due to how I'm being treated for actually wanting to pay for the game development. Wake up guys - this game is actually not all that worth it. It lures you with cool graphic style and fast progression at the beginning but what is there actually to it? Just an everyday grind and choirs laced with frequent disappointment. Arena is a joke. Amount of grind vs energy restriction is a joke. No actually PVP with LIVE players. Nothing to look forward to really. I'm kinda hanging out waiting for the update and new fusions, but deciding that I'm not gonna give Plarium any more money heavily limits the amount of game time I get each day - Losing interest fast because I clearly can't keep up without buying refills, which I'm not gonna do - and that's with the EXP buff active. I can only imagine what will happen to progression speed if I don't have the 100% EXP buff - Even early game with constant free energy refills and 2 weeks of EXP buffs, the game is a ridiculous grind. If you are not looking forward to constantly buying refills and EXP buffs later on and keep them up 100% of the time, just cut your loses and quit now.
Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad that you voiced your opinion. 
Тема закрыта. К ней нельзя оставить комментарий.