Все Категории

Deal with chat spam

Deal with chat spam

Поиск
4 фев. 2019, 07:5504.02.19

Deal with chat spam

Hi team

Please deal with the increase in bots plaguing the chat channels with spam. This is a recent occurrence or it has just increased recently. The same bots have been spamming chat all day, without cease.

One solution would be to limit the number of channel changes a player can do over a period of time. Another method would be to block repeated messages (e.g. If the same message is posted three times within five minutes, the player gets a warning). 

But whatever happens, please address this as soon as possible. 

Thank you. 
Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
MariusAdmin
4 фев. 2019, 11:2304.02.19
Hey, Lokhor! The bots are marked as a high priority issue, we are looking into handling them ASAP, so don't worry, we'll do our best to make sure they cannot overtake the chats like that again. Thank you for your suggestions!
5 фев. 2019, 08:1405.02.19
5 фев. 2019, 08:14(отредактировано)

Marius said:

Hey, Lokhor! The bots are marked as a high priority issue, we are looking into handling them ASAP, so don't worry, we'll do our best to make sure they cannot overtake the chats like that again. Thank you for your suggestions!

Hey Marius, good to see a response. I really hope something is done soon, as it has just got out of control.

Cheers. 

9 фев. 2019, 05:0409.02.19

Hi guys,

I think the devs will just have to place a level requirements so you can use the chat function.
However, love the response from Marius assuring as that it's one of the top priority they'll address soon.

All the best!

MariusAdmin
11 фев. 2019, 10:4311.02.19

It was one of the first options considered indeed. Sadly, that would cut out new players from any potential help the community has to offer and does not necessarily fix the issue. From what we can see, these accounts are manually created, so a small level cap would only make the re-making a spammer a tiny bit harder.

However, we already a solution planned and worked on. We are going to do our best to get it live ASAP, and we do appreciate how patient you guys have been with it. I was quite happy to see players poking fun at the spammers in the game chat on quite a few occasions :D
12 фев. 2019, 21:5312.02.19
12 фев. 2019, 21:55(отредактировано)

Marius said:

It was one of the first options considered indeed. Sadly, that would cut out new players from any potential help the community has to offer and does not necessarily fix the issue. From what we can see, these accounts are manually created, so a small level cap would only make the re-making a spammer a tiny bit harder.

However, we already a solution planned and worked on. We are going to do our best to get it live ASAP, and we do appreciate how patient you guys have been with it. I was quite happy to see players poking fun at the spammers in the game chat on quite a few occasions :D

I started just over a month ago. I was level 24 before I needed or was able to use advice. Keeping sub level 15 out of chat wouldn’t really hurt much. It’s extremely rare to have gear/hero’s that are super useful at that stage anyways. Also “potential help” lower channels are mostly new player trolls. Anyone with actually good advice has found a channel elsewhere to hang out. I understand level caps only do so much but they are probably less coding then the snail pace solution you are working on. Could you at least throw something like that in for the two months it takes to get a better solution? So we don’t run off all the new players with a spam overload? I mean your goal is to keep players around and have them buy stuff right?

TL:DR hogwash
17 фев. 2019, 14:4217.02.19

or just a mute/report option...then i may mute insulting kids and stay in "global" channels to speak with/help

the communit

20 фев. 2019, 09:1420.02.19
Glad the Spam bot have been taken care of as quickly as possible. Cheers.
10 апр. 2019, 07:0310.04.19

I've only been playing this game for a few weeks and I just started seeing a spam bot earlier today. I haven't seen any other post in regards to spam, so I thought I'd bring it up in here. I imagine that the initial spam problem was solved because of the way this particular bot is spamming. I don't know if the bot is changing channels. The account name is "Player 5600423" and the message is this:

[igfans], the best place to get start to the game with amazing legendaries. Try to Google [igfans] and get it.,***

Where *** is a random 3 digit number. I've also noticed that it post that message every 7 minutes, but once in a while it will be 6 minutes. It has been going on for at least 2 hours now and still going. Not sure what the current restrictions are to prevent spam, but this one clearly found a loophole. Hopefully, this info will help with closing those loopholes. Honestly, I think the easiest solution would be to allow us to completely block, or even report, anyone that is constantly spamming.

19 апр. 2019, 17:4619.04.19
Just to say that one of the places to see it is with the site igfan who are selling the summons on their site from 2.50 to $10 usd just to let you know that.
20 апр. 2019, 05:1120.04.19
My god, bots were spamming global chat like crazy. Will devs take action?
20 апр. 2019, 08:4120.04.19

Hi!

Our devs are workn on always the spam content filter. Please share with us your screenshot in discord if you find any spammer. 

Thanks

10 май 2019, 02:0310.05.19
10 май 2019, 10:43(отредактировано)

If chat contains igfans then post Plarium Rocks!!!

Problem solved, for the moment
CirillaAdmin
10 май 2019, 10:5710.05.19
Hello! There is a spam-detecting tool at work in the game chat, which is supposed to ban spammers for identical messages that are sent with certain frequency. We are also working on developing a tool that will allow our moderators to ban spammers and the players that violate the rules of communication in the game chat manually.
15 окт. 2019, 20:1515.10.19
What is happening on this issue? We have been plagued by a spam troll who autojoins our league, drops 20 duplicate harassing & offensive messages in league chat, then leaves. Repeats this 5x a day every day for 5 months now. Dozens of complaints have gone in but nothing has been done. We are unable to block this individual and a 1 hour chat ban is useless. 
16 окт. 2019, 08:1416.10.19

4tesQ said:

What is happening on this issue? We have been plagued by a spam troll who autojoins our league, drops 20 duplicate harassing & offensive messages in league chat, then leaves. Repeats this 5x a day every day for 5 months now. Dozens of complaints have gone in but nothing has been done. We are unable to block this individual and a 1 hour chat ban is useless. 

Hi 4Tesq,

what do you mean with your "League"? If you mean Guild so you can choose and setup Guild with join request and your problem will solve.

Or you can send us a screenshots about harassing and offensive mesages and we will ban that players.

If you need you can find me in PM. Have a nice day!
20 янв. 2020, 19:5820.01.20

Mohsin said:

or just a mute/report option...then i may mute insulting kids and stay in "global" channels to speak with/help

the communit

This is what I'd like to see implemented. An option to mute players in chat The spam bots selling accounts haven't been a big deal from my experience. But when some kid on a sugar rush shows and starts flooding your channel with f-bombs and calling everyone the N word for 30 minutes it can really turn one off from chat. Screenshots and support tickets don't take care of these children fast enough. A simple mute option would be amazing. The whole channel can mute them and deal with their disruption immediately.

Even if the mute list were limited to just a few people and expired after 12 hours it would be amazing.