Все Категории

Clarification On How Challenge Points & The Tenth Wave Achievements Are Earned

Поиск
How to join our moderation team?
22 фев. 2022, 08:0622.02.22

Ahoy, Pirates. This be long-winded, but no skimming the content. Please read the following carefully...

The Tenth Wave Achievement: Earn 13,440,000 points in a single Challenge (ONLY by Downgrading Presidios, Looting Treasure Island Resources, Collecting Raid Resources, and Destroying Units.)

That is EXACTLY what the Tenth Wave Achievement describes. This needs put under the microscope so that ALL players are 100% understood on what exactly this means for earning the 10th level of the Tenth Wave Achievement, because me and serveral other players have a problem that needs solved.

Okay, there are 12 categories in a Challenge that a Brotherhood can score points in. Those categories are listed in the Challenge Reports as follows:

1) Points for Resources looted from Treasure Islands - (Being that this category is explained to count towards the Tenth Wave Achievement, can points be gained from players outside the 2 Brotherhoods in the Challenge, or are points awarded only for the 2 brotherhoods in said Challenge? Asking several players what they thought, most players I asked had assumed that you get points in this category for looting resources from ANY player, no matter what Brotherhood they are in, during the Challenge. Can we get a Plarium Mod to elaborate on this, please?)

2) Defense Points - (The Tenth Wave Achievement distinctly says points for "Destroying Units" counts towards the achievement. First of all, when I asked several other players, they assumed this refers only to the enemy Brotherhood you are in a challenge with and will not count battles with brotherhoods outside the challenge. Can we get a Plarium Mod to confirm this for us all, please? Secondly, and possibly more importantly, the Tenth Wave Challange does NOT specifically say that Defending points count towards the Achievement, HOWEVER, defending is directly linked to battle, therefore, directly linked to "Destroying Units" which is a category counted towards the Tenth Wave Achievement. The Brotherhoods who have already earned their level 10 Tenth Wave Achievement CLEARLY SHOW that the Defense Points DO COUNT towards the Tenth Wave Achievement. Plarium Mods, please tell us if the Defense Points are supposed to count towards the Achievement, because for some brotherhoods, that's how they earned their level 10 Tenth Wave Bagde.)

3) Attack Points - (This is basically the same as Defense Points... The Tenth Wave Achievement distinctly says points for "Destroying Units" counts towards the achievement. First of all, when I asked several other players, they assumed this refers only to the enemy Brotherhood you are in a challenge with and will not count battles with brotherhoods outside the challenge. Can we get a Plarium Mod to confirm this for us all, please? Secondly, and possibly more importantly, the Tenth Wave Challange does NOT specifically say that Attack points count towards the Achievement, HOWEVER, attacking is directly linked to battle, therefore, directly linked to "Destroying Units" which is a category counted towards the Tenth Wave Achievement. Plarium Mods, please tell us if the Attack Points count towards the Achievement.) 

4) Points for Raid Resources collected - (It was assumed by most players I asked that this category gives you points for collecting resources from raiding ANY haven, involved in the Challenge or not. Can we get a Plarium Mod to clarify this?)

5) Points for level 2 Presidios Downgraded - (Does attacking Brotherhoods outside of the Challenge count for points? If so, does it count towards the Tenth Wave Achievement? Can we get a Mod to clarify this?)

6) Points for level 3 Presidios Downgraded - (Does attacking Brotherhoods outside of the Challenge count for points? If so, does it count towards the Tenth Wave Achievement? Can we get a Mod to clarify this?) 

7) Points for level 4 Presidios Downgraded - (Does attacking Brotherhoods outside of the Challenge count for points? If so, does it count towards the Tenth Wave Achievement? Can we get a Mod to clarify this?) 

8) Points for level 5 Presidios Downgraded - (Does attacking Brotherhoods outside of the Challenge count for points? If so, does it count towards the Tenth Wave Achievement? Can we get a Mod to clarify this?) 

9) Raiding Rival Brotherhood - (This one clearly states that you get points in this category for the Challenge if you are raiding the opponent of the Challenge. However, Raiding Rivals is directly linked to "collecting raid resources, so does this category count towards the Tenth Wave Achievement, or not? Can we please get a Mod to clarify this.)

10) Blockading Rival Brotherhood - This one is completely clear, you get points only for blockading your opponents in the Challenge, and Blockade points are NOT counted in earning Tenth Wave Achievements.

11) Units Destroyed - (This category is said to count towards the Tenth Wave Achievement. Most players I asked had assumed that points are awarded in this category ONLY if you are defeating units belonging to your opponents in the Challenge. Can we get confirmation that this is correct from a Plarium Mod, please?)

12) Presidios Captured - This category was NOT mentioned in the Tenth Wave Achievement, so we assume that this category does NOT count towards the Tenth Wave Achievement. But one question here, as far as points counted towards the Challenge itself, are points awarded if you capture Presidios belonging to a brotherhood NOT in the challange?

My personal take on the above is that there are NO categories that will earn you points in a Challenge for interactions with players or Brotherhoods outside the 2 brotherhoods within the said Challenge; That you can only score points in each category if you are interacting with the opponents of the Challenge. Maybe I am wrong, but that seems to be the whole point of a Challenge to me; to see which brotherhood can do the most damage on each other and to see who will have the most advantage over the other. 

Let us, for a moment, assume that to get points towards the Tenth Wave Achievement, you must only focus on getting Challenge Points from your Challange Opponents. Furthermore, let us, for a moment, all assume that ONLY THE EXACT FOUR categories mentioned in the Tenth Wave Achievement are the ONLY categories that earn can earn your Brotherhood Tenth Wave Achievement levels. I will remind you, those categories are: 

1) "Downgrading Presidios" 

2) "Looting Treasure Island Resources"

3) Collecting Raid Resources"

4) "Destroying Units"

IF these 4 categories are the ONLY ones that count towards your Tenth Wave Achievement, and ONLY points in these categories that are earned between the 2 brotherhoods within the said Challenge, then CAN I PLEASE GET A PLARIUM MOD TO TELL ME WHY THERE ARE BROTHERHOODS WITH THE TENTH WAVE LEVEL 10 ACHIEVEMENT? There are a few Brotherhoods whose Defense & Attack Points were counted in their Challenge towards their Tenth Wave Achivements. This is clear by looking at their Challenge Reports (located in the "Challenge", "Pirate Legends o' all time" section, within the game's "Fame") and comparing them to their points granted for their Tenth Wave Achievement. Having said that, we cannot view what the total points were that counted towards their Tenth Wave Achievements, BUT what we can see is the breakdown of points granted for these brotherhoods' Challenges, and knowing that it takes 13,440,000 points to earn the level 10 Tenth Wave Achievement. Simple math will show that 3 brotherhoods on the Pirate Bay server have gotten their level 10 because their Defense Points were indeed counted towards their Tenth Wave Achievement. 

Here are the only 3 brotherhoods, that I am aware of, on the Pirate Bay server, who have the level 10 Tenth Wave Achievement, AND a breakdown of the points granted FROM THE EXACT CHALLENGE REPORT that they earned their Tenth Wave Achievement from...

1) La Royale - This brotherhood scored a total of 13,715,742 points against their opponent and secondary brotherhood, La Royale 2. The categories they scored points in AND the points they scored in each category are: Points for resources looted from Treasure Islands - 25 ; Defense Points - 13,485,207 ; Attack Points - 13,194 ; Blockading Rival Brotherhood - 15 ; Units Destroyed - 217,299. CLEARLY, THE DEFENSE POINTS THIS BROTHERHOOD EARNED COUNTED TOWARDS THEIR TENTH WAVE ACHIEVEMENT. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO MISTAKING THAT.  

2) Ban@nEvil - This brotherhood scored a total of 15,507,909 points against their opponent, $Resident Evil$. The categories they scored points in AND the points they scored in each category are: Points for resources looted from Treasure Islands - 10 ; Defense Points - 15,142,370 ; Attack Points - 3,619 ; Units Destroyed - 361,909. CLEARLY, THE DEFENSE POINTS THIS BROTHERHOOD EARNED COUNTED TOWARDS THEIR TENTH WAVE ACHIEVEMENT. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO MISTAKING THAT. 

3) The path of daggers - This brotherhood scored a total of 14,252,447 points against their opponent (who is their Ally), RuAL. The categories they scored points in AND the points they scored in each category are: Points for resources looted from Treasure Isands - 7 ; Defense Points - 12,352,763 ; Attack Points - 1,365,084 ; Points for Raid Reasources collected - 50 ; Points for level 2 Presidio Downdgrades - 4,000 ; Units Destroyed - 530,538 ; Presidios Captured - 4. CLEARLY, THE DEFENSE POINTS THIS BROTHERHOOD EARNED COUNTED TOWARDS THEIR TENTH WAVE ACHIEVEMENT. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO MISTAKING THAT.  

The DEFENSE POINTS COUNTED in granting the Tenth Wave Achievement levels. There is absolutely NO MISTAKING or arguing that. It's very, very clear. You don't even need a calculator to figure that out. 

What is my point? That Defense AND Attack Points count along with the 4 categories Plarium has stated counts towards getting the Tenth Wave Achievements. So, WHY am I bringing this up? WHY am I pointing this out? I went into all of this because my brotherhood assumed that Plarium was serious when they said that "Units Destroyed" counted towards earning the Tenth Wave Achievements, AND we also assumed that Attack and Defense Points also counted towards earning the Tenth Wave Achievement because ACCORDING TO THE REPORTS of brotherhoods who made their level 10 Tenth Wave Achievement, THE DEFENSE POINTS WERE CLEARLY COUNTED.... so we arranged a Challenge and we scored a total of 13,456,361  points. The breakdown of points from each category are as follows: Points from Resources looted from Treasure Islands - 32 ; Defense Points - 1,976,751 ; Attack Points - 8,169,499 ; Points for Raid Resources collected - 2,405 ; Raiding Rival Brotherhood - 55 ; Units Destroyed - 3,307,618. Plarium granted us a total of 10,148,688 points towards our Tenth Wave Achievement and a level 9 badge for it. 

Okay... If Downgrading Presidios, Looting Treasure Island Resources, Collecting Raid Resources, Destroying Units, Defense Points, and Attack Points all count towards the Tenth Wave Challenge, then my brotherhood scored 32 + 1,976,751 + 8,169,499 + 2,405 + 3,307,618 = 13,456,305 points, but we were only granted 10,148,688 and I have no idea HOW 10,148,688 got to be our score for what counts towards the Tenth Wave Achievement. This is a problem right? Well, I wrote to Plarium Support to show them the mistake and the "Plarium Support" COMPLETELY disregarded everything I said by giving me the most generic answer he could have given me. He said he reviewed my case and did NOT find any mistakes. He left me with a screenshot of the Tenth Wave Achievement that states the 4 categories that earn points for the Achievement AND CLOSED MY CASE. I tried reaching back for a clearer reply, and so that I could show him that other teams got their level 10's with Defense Points included, and so that I could show him the math for the breakdown of points didn't even make sense and I was told that it was already explained to me and my case was closed. What's most disturbing is that it looks to us that the points not credited to our Tenth Wave Achievement were the ones we scored for "Units Destroyed" which, again, was 3,307,618 points. If you deduct our Units Destroyed points of 3,307,618 from our total Challenge score of 13,456,361, you get 10,148,743 points. Then deduct the 55 points for the Raiding Rival Brotherhoods because that category is not supposed to count towards earning the Tenth Wave Achievement and you get EXACTLY 10,148,688. AND THAT IS THE EXACT NUMBER OF POINTS THAT PLARIUM GAVE US CREDIT FOR, MEANING PLARIUM DID NOT COUNT OUR UNITS DESTROYED POINTS TOWARDS OUR TENTH WAVE ACHIEVEMENT, BUT THE TENTH WAVE ACHIEVEMENT CLEARLY STATES THAT UNITS DESTROYED COUNTS! 

My brotherhood spent a week earning the 4th largest set of points in a single challange across the Pirate Bay servers entire history, and THIS IS HOW WE ARE TREATED. NOT COOL, not cool at all. A mistake, is a mistake, and that's never usually a problem so long as the mistake looked at carefully and corrected. In our case, our problem was completely thrown in the trash by Plarium Support itself. This is how we are to be treated? Would anyone reading this spend more money on the game if you had this problem, because until it's looked at closely and fixed by Plarium Support, I will not be sharing my money with Plarium. I'm not the only one that came to that same conclusion in my brotherhood either. Plarium Support won't even listen to me about this now, I tried. So here I am trying to figure this out, on the forum. ::Rolling Eyes:: I understand this isn't the place to report problems, but what other option was I left with other than to let this obvious mistake go? And sorry, but letting Plarium Support discard my case when I am clearly right is NOT OKAY, it's NOT a real option.

Look, I LOVE PLARIUM because I love Pirates: Tides of Fortune game, I honestly do. I have played this game for 6 and a half years as much as I could throughout that time. It's THE ONLY GAME I play, and once my server is eventually shut down (let's face it, it happens to all game servers eventually) I had considered playing another Plarium game, but if I will have these troubles, no thank you, I will go back to enjoying more of my real life hobbies and spending my extra money on that stuff instead. 

Plarium Mod Team, please tell me if you see any error in anything I have said. I did my best to go on all facts here, and where I wasn't sure, I am asking you, the Plarium Mod Team, to clarify the parts myself and others are unsure of. Secondly, do you see where we were not granted our full credit?? Can someone tell me HOW Plarium can just not count our Units Destroyed points towards the Tenth Wave Achievement even though the game says they are supposed to count?

(I have screenshots to help prove everything I said, but I don't know if I am allowed to share those here. All screenshots, except the one from my brotherhood showing the total 10,148,688 points granted towards the Tenth Wave Achievement are viewable information that any player on the Pirate Bay server can access within the game.) 

Other Tides of Fortune players, what are your thoughts and/or questions on this topic/thread?

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
CrowbarModerator
24 фев. 2022, 10:2924.02.22

Hi!

I have my own guesses to your questions, but not answers. I passed them on to my CM and they were planning to get back to you one of these days (there's a lot of questions), but given the current situation in Ukraine, that might not happen, at least not soon. My apologies for that.

I do hope, for their sake, that they can get you your answers soon.

CrowbarModerator
3 март 2022, 22:0903.03.22

I tried to compile a concise list of questions, to give it some chance of getting answered by Plarium. However, I failed at the first one.

"Points for Resources looted from Treasure Islands": you gain points from holding a TI. What does that have to do with other BHs? If you stay on a TI long enough, you get points. If someone - the challenging BH or a different one - knocks you off of it, you don't get points. So what is really your question here?

Please, explain this and then write your 12 questions (as a reply to this post) in as short a form as possible. Plarium doesn't need to know why you're asking. Only what your questions are.

Also, compress them. For example, questions 5-8 are really just one question.

Please, consider how precious the time of our CMs, Support, and devs is right now, and make it as simple as possible for them to respond.

12 март 2022, 06:5612.03.22

Crowbar, I fully, 100% appreciate all your time and effort in helping me sort the questions and issues I was having regarding this issue. However, with the recent developments of the war on UKR, I have decided to forget about his topic, at least for now. 

I have created a new post located in the Tavern with a proposal for Plarium and gamers of Plarium to band together in effort to help the victims of the war being raged upon them by a tyrant of whom we shall not name. (A sort of Voldemort situation, if you will...) So that is where my focus has been in recent days. 

Many thanks to you for being such a helpful part of the Plarium forum.