Все Категории

Your calculator is Broken!

Поиск
How to join our moderation team?
20 май 2020, 18:5520.05.20

I sent a raid to a blocked haven and to my astonishment the results were completely skewed the wrong way in favor of the blocker there has been a number of issues with other instances or strange behaviors in the game itself. As paying client I will not be spending any money going forward until you get this resolved . I have included a screen shot of the report my haven is uid 1523639 / pp23487463 / The Pirate Bay / segment01 

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
CrowbarModerator
20 май 2020, 20:2420.05.20

I don't see a problem with this report. Ignoring the fact that battle calculations are Plarium's secret and we only have guesses about how these battles work, you used Pirates and Mercs to attack def that is significantly stronger against those two types than against other types. Further, neither of us knows nothing of your oponent's bonuses (research, items, prestige, Bastion,...).

Can you explain what outcome do you feel would've been ok and why?

2 июнь 2020, 23:3502.06.20

so, Plarium won't help to resolve this issue?

i have felt that Plarium's calculate is not fair for long.

secret is ok. but unfair is not ok.

Doesn't Plarium intervene player's settings?

CrowbarModerator
3 июнь 2020, 08:1803.06.20

Lucien said:

so, Plarium won't help to resolve this issue?

I asked above: why do you think this is an issue, what outcome would you consider "fair", and why?

Lucien said:

Doesn't Plarium intervene player's settings?

What do you mean?

3 июнь 2020, 20:4603.06.20
3 июнь 2020, 21:49(отредактировано)

i don't say this issue is fair or not. because i don't know his status and the target's.. and i don't know Plarium's secret calculate, either.

i have issue like this. it is not one.

they are very strange.

so, i see what Plarium does.

intervene means intervene. 

if strange battle result is not bug, what cause it?

if i or someone found strange battle report, how can i do? 

user can't know it is bug or something else.

at least i want to know why.

if Plarium says only " Plarium's secret" and doesn't check it is bug or not and doesn't show something like proof which user can understand and consent why, can user trust Plarium?

CrowbarModerator
3 июнь 2020, 22:2203.06.20

There is nothing to check. If you have an issue with a battle, provide the report and explain why you think it is wrong. Otherwise, what exactly do you expect from them? To explain every single battle that ever happens?

5 июнь 2020, 10:0605.06.20
5 июнь 2020, 10:34(отредактировано)

i think, so many bugs have happened since this game started. and i don't think Plarium knows all of bugs which actually happens.

i don't think these bug reports on battle are no worth to check for Plarium.

because they may find bug which they don't know.

Users want the game works neatly, and want to trust own unit power plus other bonus work neatly.

if not,,, do you want to play ?

bugs and doubt can make users loose trust game and Plarium, repair bugs can make users trust them again, i think.

and i don't want to show my status to everyone in forum. anyway, other users can't do anything to these issues.

i would like Plarium to set up the place for those with privacy.

CrowbarModerator
5 июнь 2020, 10:3905.06.20

Lucien said:

i don't think these bug reports on battle are no worth to check for Plarium.
because they may find bug which they don't know.

I am not disputing that. I am merely disputing the "battle reports may have a bug, so here... check every one (or a few random ones?) with no indication that they are actually broken" approach. You need to get a report that you feel is problematic, explain what do you think its problems are, and then - if you seem to be correct - Plarium will have something to check.

As a developer (not Plarium's), I can tell you that looking to see if there is a bug when there is no trace of it nor even a reasonable suspicion that it exists, is a waste of time and effort. Reading some code is not like reading an essay and looking for typos.

For efficient debugging, you need at least a proper buggy event that you can trace via logs. Ideally, you need a way to reproduce a bug, i.e., a list of steps that make it happen whenever you want it to happen. That's a big part of what I, as a mod, keep doing when I find a bug or when someone reports it. By now, the number of fixed bugs that came solely from my reports is somewhere in double digits, because of how I report them.

Personally, I think it's possible, but not very likely that there are bugs in the battle system. It's the most used part of these games, common to all of them (as far as I know), and very rarely modified. So, Plarium should check if there is something suspicious, but blanket "hey, does this look right to you?" won't be useful.

For example, look at the first post. The numbers are a bit off when you look at units' strength, but well within what the unknowns (upgrades/items/improvements/etc. of both involved parties) can cause. Someone may not like the outcome, but the report itself is solid. When someone posted a report - over a year ago, I think - that really did look weird, Plarium did check it and it still turned out to be a matter of unknown opponent's bonuses, i.e., the battle system was shown to work as expected. Whether it's fair or not is a matter of personal opinion, but it was shown to work as intended, i.e., not buggy.

Lucien said:

Users want the game works neatly, and want to trust own unit power plus other bonus work neatly.

As one of those players, I agree, but I don't see any legit suspicion that the battle system is not working neatly.

Lucien said:

and i don't want to show my status to everyone in forum. anyway, other users can't do anything to these issues.
i would like Plarium to set place for those with privacy.

Me too, but - sadly - I don't think it'll happen any time soon.

One thing you can do is censor out your and your opponent's names and coords from the reports. Sure, those who recognise your forum name will know who you are, but that's a very limited number of people. Also, you can post from your alt or ask a friend to do it instead of you, so that the link between forum poster and participants of the battle is broken. I don't have a better solution at the moment.