Все Категории

Seemingly backwards matchmaking punishment

Поиск
2 апр. 2024, 16:4302.04.24

So I'm running a hangar that's 3 star rare grade mechs and weapons across the board with the exception of slingshot which is uncommon but 3 star without pilots I seemingly get put in a punishing queue because my human opponents can have up to 4 star legendary mechs and weapons and up to 5 star legendary pilots. Bots can also have gear at levels below which they're obtained with resources such as 3 star epic and legendary weapons. My best pilots are a 2 star rare and a 1 star epic and I don't use them because as far as I know playing with pilots to really mess with matchmaking. Many players choose to play without pilots for this reason. But like I said, lately it seems like I'm being punished for this. All these 3 star items are 3 star level 1 excluding arachnos which is 3 star level 3.

Before I only knew this queue to be for players with mechs that were at levels below which they're obtained in gear hub and serial match quitters and SP cheaters. So use one 3 star rare mech and weapon in tengu and fragment gun 8 with two uncommon mechs at 2 star and 1 star paragon and lancer all with 3 star rare weapons. I get none of the anomalies. The matchmaker seems to consider it legitimate. But this is an SP dropping hangar and the other one I described wasn't

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
CrystalDrewCommunity Manager
4 апр. 2024, 14:0004.04.24

Hello! As I usually say, we're continuously enhancing our matchmaking system. While it may occasionally have hiccups due to our adaptable balance and attempts by some to abuse it, rest assured we're actively devising solutions to prevent such occurrences!

In the meantime, I suggest you tweaking your Hangar a bit and teaming up with friends whose SP is similar to yours. Try different approaches and combinations! Sooner or later, the Matchmaking system will become much friendlier.

5 апр. 2024, 15:4105.04.24
5 апр. 2024, 15:57(отредактировано)
CrystalDrew

Hello! As I usually say, we're continuously enhancing our matchmaking system. While it may occasionally have hiccups due to our adaptable balance and attempts by some to abuse it, rest assured we're actively devising solutions to prevent such occurrences!

In the meantime, I suggest you tweaking your Hangar a bit and teaming up with friends whose SP is similar to yours. Try different approaches and combinations! Sooner or later, the Matchmaking system will become much friendlier.

Your suggestion of 'tweaking your hangar' is basically telling players to change their hangars to trick/manipulate the matchmaking and get easier opponents 🤦‍♂️ which is exactly what's wrong with this game! If this game and matchmaking was truly skill based, this wouldn't be possible. If there was an actual rating system like a lot of others games use, it wouldnt matter what you change. Until this happens, matchmaking will never improve...

Each hangar slot should have it's own skill rating so people who acquire items at their base level can still use if it's less powerful than their higher skill rated hangar. If that obtained item is overpowered in that reduced rated hangar, then that hangar's skill rating should go up resulting in different opponents if winning by large margins . This would combat sp dropping as well since the rating would continue to climb where the player would eventually and consistently encounter a similar skilled player.

As the game currently stands, an overpowered item can be used consistently without a change in opponent's skill level resulting in those opponents getting obliterated. Every change that I've seen made, just moves the problem around because the system is not based on skill. 

CrystalDrewCommunity Manager
8 апр. 2024, 13:4508.04.24
TinkerBell

Your suggestion of 'tweaking your hangar' is basically telling players to change their hangars to trick/manipulate the matchmaking and get easier opponents 🤦‍♂️ which is exactly what's wrong with this game! If this game and matchmaking was truly skill based, this wouldn't be possible. If there was an actual rating system like a lot of others games use, it wouldnt matter what you change. Until this happens, matchmaking will never improve...

Each hangar slot should have it's own skill rating so people who acquire items at their base level can still use if it's less powerful than their higher skill rated hangar. If that obtained item is overpowered in that reduced rated hangar, then that hangar's skill rating should go up resulting in different opponents if winning by large margins . This would combat sp dropping as well since the rating would continue to climb where the player would eventually and consistently encounter a similar skilled player.

As the game currently stands, an overpowered item can be used consistently without a change in opponent's skill level resulting in those opponents getting obliterated. Every change that I've seen made, just moves the problem around because the system is not based on skill. 

Hello! Not exactly - you don't need to trick the Matchmaking system, and on the contrary, you need to set up your Squad in the way the system wants you to. I mean, if your Hangar is balanced enough, it's likely that the system will pair you in the appropriate way and vice versa.

Our team is working hard on adjustments for Matchmaking. It's expected that it will be more advanced and flexible 😉

8 апр. 2024, 15:1208.04.24
CrystalDrew

Hello! Not exactly - you don't need to trick the Matchmaking system, and on the contrary, you need to set up your Squad in the way the system wants you to. I mean, if your Hangar is balanced enough, it's likely that the system will pair you in the appropriate way and vice versa.

Our team is working hard on adjustments for Matchmaking. It's expected that it will be more advanced and flexible 😉

My point was why would you need to set up anything in any particular way if the game was actually based on skill? 🤔  what's in my hangar should have zero bearing on who I'm matched with. The system should automatically adjust for skill. The matchmaking will balance itself appropriately if coded correctly. Then you wouldn't be chasing the sp dropping problem. 

It's 100% not a skill based game (as was advertised to me) as I've encountered the same player in tournament for months now who has a 99% win rate with thousands of battles and hasn't lost a tournament game in months while my personal best win streak is 3 while having a roughly 60% win rate. I feel tricked into playing a game that isn't what its portrayed to be. 

8 апр. 2024, 19:0108.04.24
TinkerBell

My point was why would you need to set up anything in any particular way if the game was actually based on skill? 🤔  what's in my hangar should have zero bearing on who I'm matched with. The system should automatically adjust for skill. The matchmaking will balance itself appropriately if coded correctly. Then you wouldn't be chasing the sp dropping problem. 

It's 100% not a skill based game (as was advertised to me) as I've encountered the same player in tournament for months now who has a 99% win rate with thousands of battles and hasn't lost a tournament game in months while my personal best win streak is 3 while having a roughly 60% win rate. I feel tricked into playing a game that isn't what its portrayed to be. 

Entirely skill based matchmaking does open the door for other problems though, as eventually after winning plenty you could hit a wall where you win a couple matches and end up in one where you can't win. Or you could have it like in war robots where players attempt to game the matchmaker by losing on purpose. You would solve the problem of SP cheating but left with another problem to solve, and a less fair matchmaker overall. MA does adjust for skill but happens to be SP based as well. SP cheating is just an uninted way to play that arose out of matchmaking intended to be fair.

I've got another solution for SP cheating. Check a person's hangar. Average the power of their builds. Check their strongest build and weakest build against it. If both their strongest and weakest builds deviate from the average by some percentage, say 25% or greater, match them based on the strongest build in their hangar.

Another solution is to simply match people based on their strongest builds. But that could be harmful to players who just moved up in gear hub and are using their first mech of a new grade

13 апр. 2024, 10:5513.04.24

Yeah on my main I got Neev, but if I have them equipped the game thinks I'm tanking and gives me max bots... 

:woe:

26 апр. 2024, 22:5726.04.24
26 апр. 2024, 23:02(отредактировано)
Deepthroat

Entirely skill based matchmaking does open the door for other problems though, as eventually after winning plenty you could hit a wall where you win a couple matches and end up in one where you can't win. Or you could have it like in war robots where players attempt to game the matchmaker by losing on purpose. You would solve the problem of SP cheating but left with another problem to solve, and a less fair matchmaker overall. MA does adjust for skill but happens to be SP based as well. SP cheating is just an uninted way to play that arose out of matchmaking intended to be fair.

I've got another solution for SP cheating. Check a person's hangar. Average the power of their builds. Check their strongest build and weakest build against it. If both their strongest and weakest builds deviate from the average by some percentage, say 25% or greater, match them based on the strongest build in their hangar.

Another solution is to simply match people based on their strongest builds. But that could be harmful to players who just moved up in gear hub and are using their first mech of a new grade

The game doesn't adjust for skill. It's based solely on the combination of mechs, weapons, pilots, and implants being used. Nothing else. There's content creators who have proved this. Literally every skill based game using a true matchmaking system rating whether it be chess, mobile, sports has had next to zero issues using one. It can also automatically detect if someone is sandbagging or not based on previous battles. There's mobile games that ban players for continually trying to do it.

The root problem here is that nothing new has been tried or implemented with the only changes being made are the combinations of items used as matchmaking which can be easily figured out by how quick people can adapt.

I've searched and read just about every thread regarding matchmaking in the hopes I'd find a solution. The common theme is that many have been complaining for years about it and nothing has improved. Like most people, I hate being lied to and how the game was misrepresented to me when I was introduced to it...