Все Категории

Observation about Match Making

Поиск
19 фев. 2024, 14:4119.02.24

I know that the big rallying cry here on the forums is the matchmaking and specifically the use of AI Bots to fill in for humans.  I just want to relay an experience I had last night during the tournament.  I was late getting it done, so I ended up playing 10 or so matches in the last 3 or so hours of it.  All of those matches had teams with 0, 1, or 2 bots max in them.  Many had 0 or 1 bot only.  

I saw a lot of unhappy players.  (In one or two of those matches I could possibly be included in that - but you didn't hear that from me.  😉  )

There was more rage quit going on than I think I've ever seen in a match with high numbers of bots.  Here's a situation where real players are getting to go against real players and obviously hating it.  There were so many matches where after the first half of a round (not full match, but half of a single round), I was seeing players spawn in the back and literally just sit there.  I honestly couldn't believe it.  

Seeing this, I have to wonder, for all of you who are saying that you want real players to go against - do you really know the butt whippin you are in for?  Are you ready to lose matches because you aren't as good as you thought you were?   I know I'm not that good.  I'm average at best.  So I understand what happens when I go against a really really good player.

My real point here being, last night I saw a bunch of players who couldn't handle the reality of matches with 4-5 real players on both sides.  Be careful what you wish for.  Several of those online last night couldn't handle it.

Maybe the current system isn't so bad.

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
21 фев. 2024, 16:3721.02.24
21 фев. 2024, 16:42(отредактировано)

I just started playing about a month ago and the matchmaking is really bad. It started out fair but I soon faced real players that clearly bought their hangar and there is no way I can compete without doing the same. It's even worse in tournament with players getting 50+ kills a battle, if that's what you refer to 'butt whippin'. Thats not skill; that's a wallet warrior. Game is not fun anymore as it's not balanced nor fair.

21 фев. 2024, 17:0421.02.24

"Sounds like a skill issue," - anonymous.

21 фев. 2024, 18:2921.02.24

I've always played fps games. with only real players.. and I must say that this game, we must tell the truth as it presents itself now is not suitable for only 5 vs 5 humans. as long as it is based on the power of weapons designed for those who play on mobile phones. there will never be a glimmer of that. Here your skill doesn't matter, but only the cunning of getting the right mech with the right weapon, hiding and killing everyone... there's no tactic. Let's understand, tactics and one's ability have nothing to do with cunning. What do I mean, players who put themselves in the corner with the right weapon making it unplayable for any opponent to proceed, here's the skill that doesn't matter. so BOTs?? yes it is necessary otherwise, from my point of view the game would lose a large portion of players... because I'm sincere, the game is set up like this, it doesn't give the possibility of using strategies, tactics etc etc, but only cunning, including those who lower the hangar to make easy kills... .. even given the short time of a game, ,,, More speed of the mechs, slightly larger maps, less powerful weapons for everyone, and longer duration of the defense of a mech, perhaps it would give the possibility of doing a 5 vs 5 human game,,, and it would give the possibility of using a different approach to the game.