Все Категории

MA the Good, the Bad & the Ugly

Поиск
8 фев. 2024, 16:4208.02.24

I just wanted to start a thread and see what people would post on about said title. I play a lot and really find this game addicting . I have put some cash in so I am considered a pay player, if I didn't I don't think I would enjoy this game as much as all. The bad in my opinion about this game is the cash grabbing is real hard. The pricing for what you get is ridiculous and it makes me feel deceived to a certain degree. The ugly is firstly the videos for mechs I watch the video to see it being used that's nice and helpful. But after purchasing I noticed later how it was falsely advertised. The video shows a fully upgraded whatever and to a new player it would appear way better than what it is just from the purchase. Acoins everything is really expensive in my opinion it's just way above the line and it's offensive I look at an ad calculate and the price is to steep. I really like the game it's fun even when I lose by being a one man army and isn't enough. Why? Because I can keep playing and it's not limited to an energy like most games. What I did not see in the forum on any thread, maybe I missed it was that in this game you really can just keep playing and still get rewards and thanks for that.  But on the rewards side they are rather pathetic and useless most times. For example I can open 10 gold boxes and get under 10k in cash and maybe 10 acoins. The silver is even worse. My suggestion is this please make the rewards better for the free players. I have beat the living hell out of some people. I mean bad and I really felt bad for them because they really didn't stand any chance at all. In 2v2 most that are free play they just give up most times and just sit and die. If this persists the mass which are free players will leave because even if your good there is no way to compete. Most times I've noticed they have 1 mech that is there go 2 once I kill it the rest are poof dead. Cheaper prices better rewards. Will entice free or cheap players to buy. Better rewards will bolster them and the paid as well. A final comment make the starter mechs better make paragon the lancer have more HP change their skill paragon is stupid slow and speeds up whoopi provide more aggressive options for the free players give them 1 unit that can shut down us. Give them some hope not just a dismal future of annihilation awaits.. -seeno

TT

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
9 фев. 2024, 02:2109.02.24

I think the game is sadly too far gone to make any sort of return, but I'll offer my opinion.

The Good: This one is pretty easy, as I can say this game has some of the best map concepts of any game, usualy with areas that can support almost any style of gameplay. Likewise, some of the skin aesthetics look great! I remember playing in the arena map when I started back in beta and being so impressed and so sure MA could go esport.

The Bad: The matching system makes most the mechs and equipment fairly obsolete as you are pushed into endgame meta trap, very little variety in endgame leads to boring and predictable matches, excessive and aggressive use of the AI as a paywall eliminates most all aspects of competitive play, wins and loses are illusionary as the AI decides the match outcomes unless player does all the work of find people to play with and creating custom matches with no rewards, this game isn't so much "pay to win" as it is "pay FOR wins", and they've jumped so far into the meta trap so quickly that new equipment being released needs to be so OP it ruins the game play.

The Ugly: Extremely predatory business practices leads to deceptive and manipulative marketing and very little player appreciation (rewards and events are basically pointless now).

9 фев. 2024, 04:3109.02.24

And if I may, I'd like to add my opinion on an addition topic I'll simply label: The Funny.

The Funny: The realization that the "game" here isn't really about building and fighting mechs, but instead, the game is can Plarium convince you that you need to continually spend in a free game to be good enough to win. So many, many, MANY people lost that game. Haha.

CrystalDrewCommunity Manager
9 фев. 2024, 12:1309.02.24

Hello guys! Thank you very much for your feedback. It's pretty comprehensive and interesting. Will definitely consider it 👍

Firstly, I'd like to emphasize that paying in Mech Arena is optional. It speeds up one's progress and provides early access to the novelties, but it doesn't guarantee winning. 

Secondly, the Spotlight videos are definitely not false advertising. They are pretty comprehensive as well, showing the pros and cons of a Mech as well as their game play, tricks, pieces of advice, and stuff. Nobody hides that all the Mechs require upgrading.

Thirdly, all the mentioned issues are known and our devs are working on them. Improvements are expected soon, so stay with us 😉

17 фев. 2024, 23:4417.02.24
CrystalDrew

Hello guys! Thank you very much for your feedback. It's pretty comprehensive and interesting. Will definitely consider it 👍

Firstly, I'd like to emphasize that paying in Mech Arena is optional. It speeds up one's progress and provides early access to the novelties, but it doesn't guarantee winning. 

Secondly, the Spotlight videos are definitely not false advertising. They are pretty comprehensive as well, showing the pros and cons of a Mech as well as their game play, tricks, pieces of advice, and stuff. Nobody hides that all the Mechs require upgrading.

Thirdly, all the mentioned issues are known and our devs are working on them. Improvements are expected soon, so stay with us 😉

optional if you want to play for years and make little to no progress towards any content that can be remotely enjoyable and hasn't been nerfed and replaced by a better variant. what may have taken a year to do before most likely takes way longer now with the constant removal of way to reliably earn acoins in game. if you play and do not spend this game has the slowest progression with basically all end game content locked behind insane amounts of play for low amounts of a coin gain. yes the issues are known and mostly ignored. i see little to no complaining about dl's and arcs yet they get nerfed when something new is added that basically does the same thing but better to push people to spend. the only enjoyable thing about this game is how the devs never disappoint in showing non bootlickers how little they care.

I may not sign in often but i still pay plenty of attention to the game. nerfing the 500k credits from the battle pass by over half and people say well it's for the game economy is bullocks in a game where no one can trade or share things. making 500k on the battlepass effects no one other than the player that bought it. the in game economy is built around forcing players to spend to make any meaningful progress with out play for years to level 1 mech and a weapon

19 фев. 2024, 15:3619.02.24
lilbuttacup

optional if you want to play for years and make little to no progress towards any content that can be remotely enjoyable and hasn't been nerfed and replaced by a better variant. what may have taken a year to do before most likely takes way longer now with the constant removal of way to reliably earn acoins in game. if you play and do not spend this game has the slowest progression with basically all end game content locked behind insane amounts of play for low amounts of a coin gain. yes the issues are known and mostly ignored. i see little to no complaining about dl's and arcs yet they get nerfed when something new is added that basically does the same thing but better to push people to spend. the only enjoyable thing about this game is how the devs never disappoint in showing non bootlickers how little they care.

I may not sign in often but i still pay plenty of attention to the game. nerfing the 500k credits from the battle pass by over half and people say well it's for the game economy is bullocks in a game where no one can trade or share things. making 500k on the battlepass effects no one other than the player that bought it. the in game economy is built around forcing players to spend to make any meaningful progress with out play for years to level 1 mech and a weapon

Hello! Your statements undeniably make sense. However, you don't need to spend to take part in the Events (mostly), join various game Modes, or use Modifiers and stuff. Besides, you can gain in-game Resources by completing Objectives and Tasks and participating in other Activities provided by the game. In these terms, you are not obliged to pay for playing Mech Arena, and moreover, you are able to collect Resources and acquire Content.

1 март 2024, 17:4901.03.24

you can honestly say that you don't have to spend, and that you can participate in events, but if you were honest, you would also have to say that it can't be done, because the opponents are always damn more powerful. and this is due to the fact that you want to push the weak to spend, your words are contradictory and false. here if you don't spend you don't play, it's simple. but if the prices were honest, ok but the prices are dishonest, and sooner or later people leave because they realize they have been scammed,

4 март 2024, 14:0404.03.24
LXI-blakrein

you can honestly say that you don't have to spend, and that you can participate in events, but if you were honest, you would also have to say that it can't be done, because the opponents are always damn more powerful. and this is due to the fact that you want to push the weak to spend, your words are contradictory and false. here if you don't spend you don't play, it's simple. but if the prices were honest, ok but the prices are dishonest, and sooner or later people leave because they realize they have been scammed,

Hello! As I've already said previously, I'd recommend you shuffle your Hangar a bit and team up with your friends who have approximately the same SP compared to yours. Try to make Matchmaking work for you!

5 март 2024, 21:3505.03.24
CrystalDrew

Hello! Your statements undeniably make sense. However, you don't need to spend to take part in the Events (mostly), join various game Modes, or use Modifiers and stuff. Besides, you can gain in-game Resources by completing Objectives and Tasks and participating in other Activities provided by the game. In these terms, you are not obliged to pay for playing Mech Arena, and moreover, you are able to collect Resources and acquire Content.

ah you mean the events where some people make 10k plus points in no time because they have lots of money or resources built up. ranked is a joke due to the ticket system. honestly surprised you'd continue to work for this company. i'd have quit out of disgust ages ago