Все Категории

Balance idea - maxed perks

Поиск
8 нояб. 2022, 14:1408.11.22

Since EM Rifles and to a certain degree Redeemer added extra benefits to maxed-out weapons/mechs, why not carry this over to other items as well?

examples could be:
Autocannons - Mag size 120, fire rate 800 rpm
Plasma Cannons - Projectile spd 125, optimal range matches max range
Pulse Cannons - Hit Cone 1.0, fire rate 700 rpm

etc. It's a progression of their current perks.  Will it make any of these amazing?  Not likely and adding extra benefits might be worth looking into just like Redeemer gets extra benefits the higher he goes.  But this at least gives people incentive to look at more weapons, diversify, and choose what they like with actual potential benefits than just always going for the same thing every time.

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
8 нояб. 2022, 16:1108.11.22

They really don't want you looking at too many weapons or mechs, just whatever the current META gear is being sold. Unfortunately, with more diverse equipment potential, their ability to force spending through the release of new gear that (would) overshadow the old gear decreases. Plarium has done the research; they know they make way more money off of people who need ridiculous gear when compared to current available. People won't spend thousands for balanced gameplay, they spend the big bucks to be stronger than their opponents so they can easily win matches (if the state of p2w shows us anything at this point).

Couple this with ai paywall and you realize, Plarium didn't really make a battle arena game; the real game here is can Plarium convince you that you are so bad at the game that you need to continue spending in order to beat weaker opponents and dumb scripted ai. Sadly, A LOT of players lost this game.😂

9 нояб. 2022, 19:1709.11.22

While I think this is somewhat correct, we all know maxing stuff out no matter what it is takes a lot of resources and many that means spending in the final stages to make up for lost blueprints.  With that said, They can stand to make easier money by giving some older weapons some play.  I know plenty of players who would do that to not only mix up their play but also to finish hard achievements for specific weapons that are hard to use (like autocannons).  I just see it as ow hanging fruit.  

Would this eclipse the new item that comes out?  Not likely.  I doubt added stat boosts on autocannons with ever compete with the likes of EM Rifles.  But its another carrot they could add that to me would be a win-win.  Meta get boring.  Having other goals to focus on outside of the meta and tdm will lengthen gameplay experience while still netting profit.  At least that's how it appears to me.  Just 2 cents though.