Все Категории

Dev vlog summary

Dev vlog summary

Поиск
15 окт. 2022, 13:5415.10.22

Dev vlog summary

Orion is getting balancing changes- it was not made clear if this is going to be a buff or a nerf

New mech Redeemer- epic scout mech, in the video it isn't shown using more than 16 energy. Ability is a backtrack that puts it where it was a few seconds ago, releases around the day of the dead event planned.

https://nox.tips/

Clans are being added- you can make your own or join your own, there will be a leaderboard for clan hanger power and clam weekly damage total.

https://xender.vip/

New pilot Baron- legendary sniper pilot. Perhaps another dual-skill pilot?

New weapon- Minigun. Looks like it has a magazine of 200 and is supposed to to high damage with a high fire rate, but a long reload. Part of a new weapon category that is heavy assault weapons. In the video it does 2k per shot with Orion's ability.

New map- Svitanok complex. Control point map.

Aegis is being reworked based off of player's feedback

The devs plan to add free for all gamemode towards the end of the year

The devs are hoping to add control point tournaments sometime next year.

If I missed anything, comment below and I can add it to the post.

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
15 окт. 2022, 17:0215.10.22
15 окт. 2022, 17:15(отредактировано)

Considering Orion is overused, I can't imagine it will be buffed. But there's also the fact that up until this point that devs haven't directly NERFed anything this long after release. Were they to NERF Orion, it would be unprecedented. At least it would create a precedent for NERFs as a balance change. But players might get upset, especially people who bought Orion. I'd be confused why devs might NERF Orion but not the rocket mortars were that to happen. But a balance change has to be at its core one of these two things. Devs hope not to compromise players enjoyment of the game. That might be hard because part of the fun of Orion is quite literally overpowering your opponents. I can imagine one way might be to reduce the curve of the hunter's mark projectile fired from the mech or remove the curve entirely. That would force players to take a risk to take advantage of Orions ability. A bigger risk involved would effectively pressure Orion users to coordinate with teammates to reduce the risk involved in using its ability, bringing it more in line with its intended use without compromising its damage output or ability to extinguish multiple foes in quick succession.

Thing is, this is still a NERF at the end of the day. But it's a very important one. It's also one that devs have so far neglected. If they had to tweak something that wasn't meant to take risks along these lines, they would have to make it less rewarding to use.

FlooCommunity Manager
21 окт. 2022, 12:3121.10.22

Hi, guys! I appreciate your attentiveness and I do hope you enjoyed the Dev Vlog 😍 We will keep the community updated in regard to any decisions about the Mechs' balance.