Все Категории

Close quarters weapons idea: Cryo-Cannon

Поиск
14 окт. 2022, 06:0014.10.22

I don't often try to come up with weapons because I usually find myself at a loss for ideas. But I really thought a flamethrower type weapon or similar would be fun. Some type of AOE weapon designed for sustained damage that performs best at close range and has no effect beyond mid-range. I'm also wanting for another weapon that applies a stasis effect. There's plenty of mechs that can do it already, but just 2 weapons. One of them is only accessible through referals, and isn't really relevant due to being low energy.

The weapon I had in mind is similar to the cryolator in fallout 4 but with a couple tweaks. They cryolator is something I consider a flamethrower variant, but instead of immolating enemies it freezes them. What the cryo-cannon does similar is spray a freezing mist with high fire rate and a low projectile speed. Where it differs is the width of the cone. The cryolator fires in a narrowish stream. What I had in mind for the cryo-cannon was a similar spread to shotguns, making it capable of applying stasis effect to multiple enemies at once.

The weapon would have low DPS relative to the shotgun. For example, it could have a magazine size of 40, a fire rate of 400 rpm, and reload speed of 6 seconds. An 8 energy variant would have a magazine total damage of 17,800 at 3 stars.

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
15 окт. 2022, 22:2415.10.22

There should be both freeze and stasis. 

freeze would do more damage to sheild and after max freeze meter, more damage can be done, like fire.

The balance should come frome the weapon design. in other words, fire doesnt have to have more extra damage.

stasis slows the mech muchs more, and perhaps done at longer range, or other weapon types, like a cross the map lazer. Well not really that far, but.

16 окт. 2022, 21:0116.10.22
16 окт. 2022, 21:35(отредактировано)
DutyClaus

There should be both freeze and stasis. 

freeze would do more damage to sheild and after max freeze meter, more damage can be done, like fire.

The balance should come frome the weapon design. in other words, fire doesnt have to have more extra damage.

stasis slows the mech muchs more, and perhaps done at longer range, or other weapon types, like a cross the map lazer. Well not really that far, but.

Now that's a cool idea. But ares doesn't get status if you hit the shield. You'd have to get behind it and do more damage to it directly to apply the status that lets you fork its shield. And the only other mech that has a shield you can damage is jug. It would be such a niche use unless they released another mech with a shield you can damage. And it's hard to imagine many more shields like tha than a tall shield or something or other.

I considered stasis for this weapon because it makes opponents turn slower and often even though I'm using a fast mech, I find it hard to out-maneuver opponents at close range while facing them. Tengu is a sweet mech because it's fast and applies stasis with its own ability. It has a greater maneuverability advantage over its foes at close range than other scout mechs because of this. Surge is similar having the storm dash. Other scouts don't have the luxuries of these AOE abilities and because of it, it feels like they're at a bit of a disadvantage.

Scout mechs are supposed to take out key targets, but often to do so you have to get behind them and kill them before they can face you because when that happens you're as good as dead. Getting behind key targets often involves long journeys around the flanks of a map and relying on not being seen by the enemy as you're approaching behind their line. Again, exceptions are surge and tengu. It's an incredibly risky approach and it scarcely has any reward.

I conceptualized this weapon because I wanted to give other scouts the luxury that tengu and surge have.

17 окт. 2022, 18:2917.10.22

Thisngame is such a clusterfuck now...I actually uninstalled it and chwck in here to see if any major changes for the better have been made..NOT! I am so glad I gave up the grind to keep up with weapons and other shit. Inhad a pretty good hangar too...there are better game with better  administrators than this piece of shit game. It had actually become WORSE than War Robots ever was...if anyone listening quits the game, trust me you'll be much happier 

FlooCommunity Manager
21 окт. 2022, 12:3821.10.22

Flamethrowers always are an excellent idea, let alone the cryo ones 😁 Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts ✍️ BAAB

FlooCommunity Manager
21 окт. 2022, 12:4021.10.22

mike, I am sad to hear that you decided to quit playing Mech Arena. Great updates do take time, but a few are already on the way - make sure you log in from time to time to see what's new 🤗