Все Категории

I want to talk about implants removal from another perspective

Поиск
29 сент. 2022, 16:3329.09.22

So far I've been asking the devs to try and justify their decision  on charging players to swap around implants. But I'd like to share why it might be so hard to justify it instead, or why I'm upset I can't freely swap around my implants.

Reason number 1: Simply put, fun. Something I really had fun doing in this game was playing around with different builds, finding what works for me and sharing with the community. Going on discord, Reddit and YouTube and talking with everyone I can about it. And I say had fun doing not because it isn't fun anymore but because I can't do it anymore. Many people including myself refer to this as experimenting.

Reason number 2: Freaking rocket mortars. This is related to experimenting. I've seen enough people complain about rocket mortars being overpowered. I've made a few complaints myself. I hate the weapon. But the deal is, I don't know if the data reflects that opinion. But one thing I do know is, I can't play around with my stuff to find out what works against the rocket mortars lusers with implant, if anything.

I know you have implant removal discount. I've complained already this isn't enough for me. I'm sure you've seen similar comments but experimenting was done day by day. There's more too. It really just feels like a cash grab, for multiple reasons. 

First of all, you'd put yourself at a disadvantage even daring to swap a single implant if it's not during a discomy, rather than spending the a-coins on an important upgrade. Some people might want to make it up by purchasing a-coins. Or you're indirectly pressuring people to spend money. Second, indefinite discount timing. It feels like you're trying to test our patience and get people to unwisely spend unnecessary resources on implant swapping by having no set schedule on discounts. 

Finally, it's still not affordable to experiment even during a discount. This has to be a paragraph itself. I explained already how removing implants without taking advantage of a discount isn't affordable. 90% off is huge, until you swap around implants 10 times. Now you're spending a-coins on something you can't afford to. I can't speak for other players, but I don't take advantage of the discount to experiment. Instead I swap implants for bletter versions. I optimize my pilots solely for weapons. It allows me the freedom to swap weapons between mechs at least, but it still isn't ideal. I've sacrificed part of the game you added (ability related implants), to take back a part of the game it feels like you took from me for no good reason. What's more, if I want to use the same pilot with a different weapon, I'm SOL. Were I to use ability related implants like I want to, my weapons would be stuck on the same mechs all the time which is something I don't want. Basically, I feel forced to make compromises thanks to your charge on changing implants, even if you have the occasional discount that nobody ever knows when it's coming. And since I'm not experimenting anymore, I'm interacting with the community less.

I don't really need to know every reason you have to charge players for swapping implants. I'm always going to assume one of them is to squeeze $ out of people and that you saw war robots doing it and decided to copy. But most of all, I hope by sharing this it motivates you to find a solution.

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
FlooCommunity Manager
4 окт. 2022, 11:1904.10.22

Thanks for a separate topic dedicated to this question; I appreciate you explaining how it would help us improve the game and how it affects your gaming experience. I will forward your topic as it is to the developers for further analysis and consideration.

5 окт. 2022, 14:0105.10.22

This does not need to go to the developers.  It needs to be addressed to the stakeholders who sign off on the profit of this game.  It is blatantly obvious that the reason for the charge is not for "careful planning" as it was once put more so than to have players spend money to buy a-coins to be able to afford to even swap it around.  Don't dance around that.

It's the biggest part of the game that yells "greed"

The game thrives off of the lack of patience from players.  I can completely agree with that practice.  Players don't HAVE to upgrade right away.  You can farm and earn it.  Once that upgrade is made, it's complete.  It's permanent.  An upgrade for a 5 star weapon may cost 2500 a-coins.  That' a lot of a-coins but it's a big permanent upgrade.  Yet you're charging 2000 a-coins to REMOVE a maxed out epic implant.  There is no permanent gain for the player.  The player loses 2000 a-coins just to get something that the player already earned.  That's greed.

I've said it before, it Plarium really wants to say the cost is there to balance the game, then make the currency for removing implants credits instead of a-coins without changing the credit system.

Two other options would be

Option #1: Make the discount event (same as last weekend) occur once a month.  This way, the game can go back to "those that don't want to wait, spend money" methodology.  3-weeks of charing Plarium's ridiculous prices for removing implants.  Those that don't want to wait can spend money, and Plarium still gets their profits.  On the 4th week, bring the price down 95% of the cost.  Make it extremely reasonable for all players.  That's a fair system.

Option #2: This would be more for the developers.  Create a system to "transfer" implants to another player at little to no cost.  Meaning, that the player can take a loaded implant and move it to another pilot freely.  IF the player wants to remove the implants and gain back their units, then at that point Plarium can charge.  But if no changes are made to the implant, simply moved to another pilot, than the move is free. This way, everything the player has EARNED to upgrade is permanent.

5 окт. 2022, 17:1505.10.22
The Raptor

This does not need to go to the developers.  It needs to be addressed to the stakeholders who sign off on the profit of this game.  It is blatantly obvious that the reason for the charge is not for "careful planning" as it was once put more so than to have players spend money to buy a-coins to be able to afford to even swap it around.  Don't dance around that.

It's the biggest part of the game that yells "greed"

The game thrives off of the lack of patience from players.  I can completely agree with that practice.  Players don't HAVE to upgrade right away.  You can farm and earn it.  Once that upgrade is made, it's complete.  It's permanent.  An upgrade for a 5 star weapon may cost 2500 a-coins.  That' a lot of a-coins but it's a big permanent upgrade.  Yet you're charging 2000 a-coins to REMOVE a maxed out epic implant.  There is no permanent gain for the player.  The player loses 2000 a-coins just to get something that the player already earned.  That's greed.

I've said it before, it Plarium really wants to say the cost is there to balance the game, then make the currency for removing implants credits instead of a-coins without changing the credit system.

Two other options would be

Option #1: Make the discount event (same as last weekend) occur once a month.  This way, the game can go back to "those that don't want to wait, spend money" methodology.  3-weeks of charing Plarium's ridiculous prices for removing implants.  Those that don't want to wait can spend money, and Plarium still gets their profits.  On the 4th week, bring the price down 95% of the cost.  Make it extremely reasonable for all players.  That's a fair system.

Option #2: This would be more for the developers.  Create a system to "transfer" implants to another player at little to no cost.  Meaning, that the player can take a loaded implant and move it to another pilot freely.  IF the player wants to remove the implants and gain back their units, then at that point Plarium can charge.  But if no changes are made to the implant, simply moved to another pilot, than the move is free. This way, everything the player has EARNED to upgrade is permanent.

I like option 2 more. I've actually already suggested it. We don't have to get the parts back when we swap implants. But if we could separately pay a fee to recover them SHOULD WE CHOOSE, FOR NO REASON OTHER THAN WE WANT TO.

8 окт. 2022, 02:1608.10.22

This game is so much of a pay to win game. If you would balance it out so that the people who don't spend a lot who aren't whales enjoy the game and they stay they will still spend here and there. And your whales would still spend the way they do. Yes some people won't spend anything. But you will have a lot more players staying on the game which should help matchmaking and you'll get that money too even if it's not as much as the whale which is better for you both ways. Balance it out so that everybody enjoys it your whales will be whales and be really powerful the other people who don't pay as much but spend here and there will stay so you'll get their money too because it's all about the money I understand. Fix the matchmaking to where the low power players who are grinding not spending as much aren't playing against someone who is going to destroy them and make a lot of the stuff that you have to pay for available to the people who don't pay as much available at a lower level but still make it a grind to get where the whales are unless you pay but a reasonable grind. And everybody can enjoy this game and your whales will stay and keep spending but the other people will also stay and spend a little bit and everybody gets to have fun

8 окт. 2022, 04:3108.10.22

I don't know if it's the matchmaking or f2p just doesn't have equal access to the META stuff

10 окт. 2022, 16:3310.10.22
BAAB

I don't know if it's the matchmaking or f2p just doesn't have equal access to the META stuff

That's it. no one who catches wind of your complaining cares about it. they care that there's money being spent and have no interest in making the experience better for anyone but people spending money. Stop wasting your time. Trust me they're more stubborn than we are

10 окт. 2022, 20:1810.10.22
Julius Martinez

That's it. no one who catches wind of your complaining cares about it. they care that there's money being spent and have no interest in making the experience better for anyone but people spending money. Stop wasting your time. Trust me they're more stubborn than we are

Believe me, I know how stubborn plarium devs are. They'be argued with players on p2w on mmultiple occasions. But speak for yourself. They're not more stubborn than me.

10 окт. 2022, 22:4610.10.22
Floo

Thanks for a separate topic dedicated to this question; I appreciate you explaining how it would help us improve the game and how it affects your gaming experience. I will forward your topic as it is to the developers for further analysis and consideration.

FlooGalleon, what is the latest update you've heard back from the devs or stakeholders?

14 окт. 2022, 17:0714.10.22

Option #2...I couldn't have explained/think of any better way to make everyone happy'ish/er. It can take a player weeks if not months to earn/save up 2500+ a-coins. Granted I still havent gotten ahold of legendaries, but I've a-coined a few purples that we're only half full and I cringed. 

19 окт. 2022, 01:4819.10.22

How about, one a month (or even just during holidays or new mech/weapon releases) we get a free token. When you use it, you get a two hour window to reorganize implants. 

20 окт. 2022, 01:3820.10.22

FlooGalleon, what is the latest update you've heard back from the devs or stakeholders? 

20 окт. 2022, 12:5920.10.22
20 окт. 2022, 13:35(отредактировано)

It would be nice to at least get the 90% implant part recovery, they just recently had, if you purchased the season pass. Like a perk to getting the pass. That would entice more people to get it. A win win for everyone. 

20 окт. 2022, 15:0620.10.22
SaltyCakes

It would be nice to at least get the 90% implant part recovery, they just recently had, if you purchased the season pass. Like a perk to getting the pass. That would entice more people to get it. A win win for everyone. 

I agree!

20 окт. 2022, 17:0020.10.22
SaltyCakes

Disagree. Shouldn't have to pay around inconvenience is the whole point I'm trying to make. This is just taking the problem and making it less bad.

23 окт. 2022, 10:0323.10.22

FlooGalleon, what is the latest update from the devs or stakeholders?  

You've replied back to other threads already.  Please provide us a valid update.

28 окт. 2022, 05:5028.10.22
Floo

FlooGalleon, what is the latest update from the devs or stakeholders?  

You've replied back to other threads already.  Please provide us a valid update. 

7 нояб. 2022, 05:0307.11.22

Ya I don't like implant cost. It is annoying and forces me to swap pilots instead and use them to transfer implants.

9 нояб. 2022, 22:1209.11.22

And we're never going to get a response from FlooGalleon.  He deliberately avoids this thread.