All Categories

Spam and related type messages.

Search
Oct 8, 2018, 01:1610/08/18
02/21/18

Slightly rhetorical question.

Is there a fool proof way to stop the spammers and phishers  posting and hogging pages and pages with irrelevant drivel not related to the game?

It seems to be getting seriously out of control.

Can it at least  be made more troublesome for them to post non game items here on the forum?

Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 11, 2018, 02:5310/11/18
Oct 11, 2018, 02:58(edited)
11/30/17

It had some success, the pages and pages of spam got wiped, but it looks like its back again now.

I wonder if the spammers are actually playing the game,or they just joined to spam,or is it some bot ?

Oct 13, 2018, 13:1310/13/18
Oct 13, 2018, 13:14(edited)
02/21/18
Spam again.Theres about 4 full  pages worth  in the general questions section, and lesser amounts in others.
Oct 14, 2018, 09:1310/14/18
04/07/17
They ought to limit the number of posts people can make especially new members to the forum ...
Oct 14, 2018, 14:5510/14/18
02/21/18

Unless we are Korean  and think they are genuine posts.

Looking down the lists  is perhaps  all  we should  do.

CIM wrote

They ought to limit the number of posts people can make, especially new members to the forum ...

I had wondered if it was possible to thwart spammers with some restriction like this,or by  checking that they are really playing the game, which  is

why I posed the question rhetorically.

Unfortunately often the same name has multiple posts,so if they are clever enough to spam, are they also clever enough  computer wise to bypass any obstacles?

Feb 7, 2019, 21:5602/07/19
01/31/18

Well this is a useful topic, and it saves me creating fresh spam.

What can we do about spammers?

No not those , mainly Korean who advertise, goodness knows what, nor those other messages in strange language or tone, or those that seem to be offering something genuine, but likely are not.

No I am talking about those that proliferate the forum, with what appears to be a series of self congratulated inane questions,that seldom even get answered and whose sole purpose appears to be noticed and deemed worthy of recognition.
Feb 18, 2019, 23:1802/18/19
10/14/18

I see your point Krow. Perhaps there could be a time limit on posts e.g a month, or minimum views per day or minimum replies a week before the post is automatically archived. I know I have posted quite a few topics. Many are without replies or have hardly been viewed. 

I honestly think they have interesting talking points to help the game and the players but without views or replies they are no use.

I've gone through them and asked for them to be archived as they are taking up space. You can ask for your own posts to be archived but not other peoples posts. If you don't then the post could be around for over a year.

It will be interesting to see how quickly my post are archived after the requests. I guess we all should check our posts from time to time to see if they are still relevant or can be archived.

Feb 19, 2019, 05:4902/19/19
01/11/17

s-pi said:

I see your point Krow. Perhaps there could be a time limit on posts e.g a month, or minimum views per day or minimum replies a week before the post is automatically archived. I know I have posted quite a few topics. Many are without replies or have hardly been viewed. 

I honestly think they have interesting talking points to help the game and the players but without views or replies they are no use.

I've gone through them and asked for them to be archived as they are taking up space. You can ask for your own posts to be archived but not other peoples posts. If you don't then the post could be around for over a year.

It will be interesting to see how quickly my post are archived after the requests. I guess we all should check our posts from time to time to see if they are still relevant or can be archived.

The topic is rather old and now we're carefully monitoring all spam posts and deleting them as fast as it is possible. And if you want to ask for something like to archive your topics etc., it will be better to contact us in PM with the links :)

Have a nice day!