Translation

3 Replies
User
12 November, 2018, 4:55 PM UTC
In other Plarium games it is possible to copy and paste messages into Google translate in order to understand what is being said, why is there no way of doing this or translating a message?
UTC +0:00
User
18 November, 2018, 5:52 AM UTC

Not by conventional means.

After quite some testing I have landed on using yandex.com. It is (likely) only/most suitable for PC though it has a Mobile interface as well, - but have not tested it.

1. Set up your PC to grab part of screen. I have set up "Ctrl+Shift+Print Screen" to grab selection of screen to clipboard.
2. Open Yandex Translate Image and simply paste screen capture (Ctrl+V)

It utilizes OCR to recognize text and translate it. It does very well on e.g. Russian.

Know it is not optimal, but one way.

There is also "Copyfish" browser addon. It works fairly well, but one have to be somewhat more restrictive in capture to get a decent result. Another thing is that it utilizes a free API that quite frequently is down due to traffic.

Apropos Copyfish you could make your own tool. There is a free API at ocr.space, but this obviously are for specially interested. I have done this in combination with the "trans" tool on Linux. Which also gives me the text spoken if I wish lol.

UTC +2:00
CIM
User
18 November, 2018, 7:11 AM UTC
I will have to give this a try ... :)
UTC +1:00
User
24 November, 2018, 4:03 PM UTC

Plarium seriously needs to fix this problem ... Language is a HUGE barrier in this game and some ability to know what someone is saying that would like to join a clan would be helpful.  There is no reasonable way to get a translation without 3rd party apps and that is not a good way to have a truly world game. 

UTC +0:00
3206267 users registered; 75246 topics; 364178 posts; our newest member:Dios del Hades66