All Categories

Improvement of this game and some suggestions. Please read!

Search
Mar 28, 2020, 04:1903/28/20
03/22/20

Hi community!

I know this game about 2-3 years, but I play irregular.

I like this game, even if there are some players who don't behave.

Anyways there are some things that could be changed or improved in my opinion. My english is NOT the best.

I really would like to know your opinion about my requests for improvement:

1. Suggestion: Inactive cities/towns should be automatically be deactivated after about a year.

Aim: To have more free space where active(!) players can move to and they don't occupy fields for years.

2. Suggestion: If some kingdoms after the suggestion above are (very) empty some kingdoms can be merged, instead of open new kingdoms.

Aim: To (mostly) have active players in the kingdoms and a better overview.

3. Suggestion: Plarium should stop the "lucrative offer", because it's neither lucrative nor special when it's steady 24/7 online.

Instead of this offer plarium should make something like a "happy hour" sometimes (eventually with announcement on the forum) to

make it lucrative and special to buy!

Aim: To make the "lucrative offer" really lucrative and special for players.

4. Suggestion: Improved player- and contactsearch for the general-/globalchat.

Aim: Quicker connect of players on the kingdoms, maybe as well if someone search a clan.

5. Suggestion: Improved defense of the city/town for solo players against thiefs or bandits.

Aim: Solo players don't give up that fast at the beginning and can probably get some more experience without being bothered.

6. Suggestion: Max. 1 account per player allowed. No multi-accounts.

Aim: Fair play and justice for the game and other players.

7. Suggestion: More opportunities to trade materials or other items between players.

Aim: A living trade between players and exchange.

8. Suggestion: Plarium play application for steam.

Aim: Players with an unix- or linux-system can play the game cause flash player support ends already 2020 for browsers and it's

not clear if this game will be further supported in the browsers.

9. Suggestion: Improved ability to report players who insult or defame (e.g. in the chats).

Aim: A community without or less insults.

10. Suggestion: "New-player-removal" available until the castle is on level 7.

Aim: New players have more time to decide where they will move to in the kingdom.

Other suggestions:

- portugesian and chinese as language in the options

- deactivation of the city/town for a while when the player can't play, to interrupt attacks and not getting robbed

- integrate anti-cheat-system

Greetings.

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 28, 2020, 13:5903/28/20
Mar 28, 2020, 14:09(edited)
06/21/17

#1.Though it can be, this game isn't really meant to be played irregularly.

I suspect that Plarium  prefers regular players, especially if they are regular spenders.

Removing inactive towns isn't going to help, even if Plarium want to, or can legally.

#2.Merging 

From experience in another game.

Merging kingdoms isn't a fix, and the stronghold situation would be a problem.

#3. Lucrative offer.

As with many parts of the game, the Lucrative offer is a trap,just takes a while to realise that,but initially you catch a lot of small fish.

#4.connections.

I am not sure what you are looking for here that doesn't already exist.

#5.Town defense.

This already exists to some extent, I do not know the maximum safety net.

I would agree that the novice/protected phase doesn't last long enough, but am not sure that it would encourage players not to quit abruptly.

#6.1 Account limit.

I would agree,this is the way these games were meant to be played.

Could it be policed by Plarium? I think they gave up on this idea, I think it suits them, they have told players how to acquire second accounts.

#7.Trades.

As with many ideas, this isn't a new one, the gifting option was listed,but whilst I have been playing its never been activated, many have enquired about trading, there are many threads on it ,and answers to why as presently envisaged,is not a good idea.

#8.Steam

I don't know no much about this format.I am suspicious about it and prefer games that I can buy on disc and use independently. 

Yes I recently read the post about Flash being discontinued, as well as the game getting too big for the browser another good reason not to spend lots on the game.

#9.Bad behaviour.

Many threads on this as well, including one just the other day.

What can be done? I do not know the answer,but bad behaviour is in real life too, and part of it translates here, sometimes in order to goad a response.

#10.Free movement limit.

Though I understand why they recently changed the novice rule, I was annoyed I lost my "Novice  move" because it wasn't my intention to cheat in the manner that was the reason the rule was changed.

Apart from wanting to be with friends who may start the game soon after you and cant join you,or you cant join them after they started,there really isn't a need to be able to move from a new kingdom.

If you haven't been playing long and not spent money, its just as easy to start again

Other suggestions.

# Language options.

This is a problem because the game is international, and not everyone has the same second language.

It wouldn't be a problem at all if they had dedicated language servers,but all the kingdoms are interlinked.

# Rest period.

It could be better , but it already exists, its called buying a shield.

# Anti cheating.

This is supposed to exist already. 

Note no system is fool proof.

The remedy on discovery exists too, its called banning.

They probably can make restitution to victims of cheating.

Mar 28, 2020, 18:2203/28/20
01/11/17

Hello, Jarls!

Thank you, PAGATHEUS, for your suggestions! It's really interesting!

Also, thank you, XYZ for your comments as always :) 

All this information was forwarded to our developers' team. Thank you again!

Mar 29, 2020, 05:2803/29/20
Mar 31, 2020, 10:23(edited)
03/22/20

Ivar Marksman said:

Hello, Jarls!

Thank you, PAGATHEUS, for your suggestions! It's really interesting!

Also, thank you, XYZ for your comments as always :) 

All this information was forwarded to our developers' team. Thank you again!

Hey Ivar!

Thank you for recognizing my issues and suggestions. This is not a matter of course.

I just hope that some of my suggestions will be discussed or even implemented.

Sincerely yours

EDIT:

I have explicit to say that these are just some ideas of me. I don't want to make the impression to prescribe what Plarium have to do. Developing of this game is the job of the employees and the management.

Please keep developing "Vikings" and the other games you offer. I just hope it will be playable (in future) without spending too much cash.

Good luck and thanks again!