All Categories

New CvC categories for competition

Search
Feb 4, 2020, 10:5502/04/20
06/22/18

I don't know who came up with the lame idea of two categories of "Battles in towns and resource locations" and "killing enemy warriors",

They are the same thing lame brains,...

Sheesh,...

So you win two categories in the event for the same thing,...

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 4, 2020, 15:5602/04/20
04/07/17
They used to have only 2 catagories ... offense and defense ... which usually ended up being a draw wihich is "lame" ... so now that "lameness" does not exist ... I think this is good and adds extra dimension to game ... I think this gives a bit of advantage to attackers which I think is good ...
Feb 4, 2020, 16:2802/04/20
09/23/17

the two categories are the same exact thing,..

Maybe they should make three categories that give the same points for killing invaders and that team would win easily,..

and three categories for um the same points for influence,..

that is STUPID,..

the two  categories that score the same points for the same kills is STUPID,..

Feb 4, 2020, 17:1502/04/20
02/04/20

Suggest eliminating Battles in towns and resource locations and (separating into 2 categories (hunting Invaders and ghost) and (yielding resources in resource locations). This will also give everyone a better chance to achieve winning 4 categories in the CVC event, even if their clan doesn't have a Stronghold. Although  this adjustment will not help if your opponent is inactive and you can't kill some of their warriors to win 4 categories. I would prefer we return to the format where total points is the winning factor rather than these categories.😞

Feb 4, 2020, 17:3202/04/20
04/07/17
99hermits said:

the two categories are the same exact thing,..

Maybe they should make three categories that give the same points for killing invaders and that team would win easily,..

and three categories for um the same points for influence,..

that is STUPID,..

the two  categories that score the same points for the same kills is STUPID,..

They are only the same if you do not have POP or level 4 sh ... if you do have either of those they are not the same ...
Feb 6, 2020, 09:1002/06/20
12/09/17

Yes, in theory they are different but in practice for most clans they will be the same total giving 0 or 2 points and so it looks like a clumsy way to give fighting twice the weight of the other categories which it does. Plarium hasn't done anything to explain why they are doing this which doesn't help.

Having said that I think it's better than either of the two previous CvC systems in terms of making players think.

It also allows the biggest clans the possibility of winning just by fighting (as long as their opponent cooperates).

Feb 6, 2020, 09:5902/06/20
02/18/19

First of all, the new cvc format I think it is the best format from far away I have ever seen.

Second, those who say that the new cvc format is lame or stupid, before you speak, please present us your in game experience, your kill stats, etc., because I fell like those who use to cry on every update are lame/stupid players.

Third, because of new scoring for yielding and killing invaders/ghosts, I think best is to keep them together, the same as knowledge/building on towns and sh, since some clans may not have the money to develop the sh and they focus on their towns. 

Fourth, start thinking, the battle points are splitted in 2: half goes under one of the 3 battle categories, the other half goes under the general killing enemy category. But why it is important the fourth category? Because you can get your ass kicked in one or two of those categories but you can do much better in the other cat of battles and maybe win half of the battle categories (this point is for those who talk stupid things about the new battle categories).

Fifth, this is the best update that I saw and applies to small and large clans the same, so now the small clans or players can now really do points and participate; if you don't see this, you are either blind or stupid (this is for never ending criers over the updates). 

Sixth, I know I was a little aggressive, but this update makes the game more interesting for all clans 400B+, and one smart word for those who can not do sh defense or pop battles, DON'T DO THEM, so you will not lose/win them (except sh defense if the enemy want to win that category, but then you have your easy chance to win over them).

Good job plarium for a very good work with this new update, this update now is a good advantage for money or free players, really best update for all player categories. Would be nice if all updates can be like this to advantage all categories.  
Feb 6, 2020, 12:4502/06/20
04/27/17
Dont know the answer for this but somethings not right. Small clan throws t1s into pop and takes a hit but come out on points then bubbles for rest of comp with no intention of further fighting. Once they had the three categories that was it for fighting, this I think will happen more and more as other clans follow suit.  It happened and made game very boring fighting wise, isn't this a war game? I still didn't see a problem with original format that had everything total up, all it needed was point scoring adjustment so people couldn't buy their way to victory and had to fight for big points.
Feb 7, 2020, 13:1202/07/20
02/22/17
Defending the PoP and the Clan SH are catagories that favor the dominate Clan of the Kingdom and shouldn't be part of CvC. This makes CvC mostly a a Clan vs Clan event. Also the double points for fighting give an edge to weaker Clans that has nothing to do with their ability to fight. For my Clan this past CvC, our opponents got a small lead at the start then wouldn't fight. Our Clan was by far better equiped for fighting having 3 L-35 players' myself included, while our opponents had none higher then L-33. The upshot was from the start they had a 2 out of 5 advantage. They, having more players where then able to out farm us and kil more invaders and ghost. It was plain after the first day we couldn't win so we just packed it up and gave up, no fun at all.
Feb 7, 2020, 13:3202/07/20
04/27/17
and there is the big problem, clan does a little fighting or defending at beginning and takes lead in 2 or 3 categories then shields up for rest of comp. Not really what a fighting game is about, perhaps there should only be 1 category for fighting that way people are more likely to have a go as you only gamble on losing 1 category not 3.
Feb 7, 2020, 17:4602/07/20
Feb 7, 2020, 17:51(edited)
01/31/18

hodor said:

Defending the PoP and the Clan SH are catagories that favor the dominate Clan of the Kingdom and shouldn't be part of CvC. This makes CvC mostly a a Clan vs Clan event. Also the double points for fighting give an edge to weaker Clans that has nothing to do with their ability to fight. For my Clan this past CvC, our opponents got a small lead at the start then wouldn't fight. Our Clan was by far better equiped for fighting having 3 L-35 players' myself included, while our opponents had none higher then L-33. The upshot was from the start they had a 2 out of 5 advantage. They, having more players where then able to out farm us and kil more invaders and ghost. It was plain after the first day we couldn't win so we just packed it up and gave up, no fun at all.

I can't argue with the fact that the only way you can get points from defending the POP is if you hold the POP. Which is problematic if you are not the dominant clan.I suspect that this is a device to get people to acquire and hold it, which I believe doesn't happen so much now.

"This makes CvC mostly a a Clan vs Clan event" What does this mean?It appears to be nonsense.

Again the special SH element only applies if a) you have one and b) if its maxed out to level 4.

Pardon my ignorance, but how does double points for what you call weaker clans give them an advantage?

Also why does having players with palace 35 make them/your clan better fighters?

If I was a new player with money to burn,I could get to palace 35 probably in little time,but it wouldn't make me a better fighter.

Feb 8, 2020, 08:2902/08/20
12/09/17

The usual strategy with the PoP is to capture it about 3 hours before the start of CvC so that it is shielded for the first day. You can give out reputes and gauge the enemy's strength. In the past the second day could see big battles that decided the CvC. With the new PoP category, clans are reluctant to hold or attack on the second day because one battle could lose the category. The new Tower of Odin battles against Plarium troops had already made the PoP less important for the biggest clans (this is category 3 now).

As Krow says, the double points for fighting (for clans who don't score in cat 2 or 3) doesn't give the weaker side an advantage. But they are more likely to go for the strategy that was used against hodor - either don't fight at all or carefully attack tiles or small towns and then stop. They also have to yield safely. So the fighting score doesn't relate to the fighting strength of the clans but to a very simple strategy so hodor is right about that.

Yes palace level is not a good indicator of fighting ability but I would expect most clans with lvl 33-35 players to have a realistic idea.

The result of the new 4 fighting category CvC seems to be that it discourages fighting. If I think that my opponent is better at fighting why would I risk losing 2 categories? If I can sneak 2 categories, why not?

So, I suspect the new system is doomed but I don't know where they'll go from here.

Feb 10, 2020, 15:2902/10/20
10/16/19

Unexpect said:

The usual strategy with the PoP is to capture it about 3 hours before the start of CvC so that it is shielded for the first day. You can give out reputes and gauge the enemy's strength. In the past the second day could see big battles that decided the CvC. With the new PoP category, clans are reluctant to hold or attack on the second day because one battle could lose the category. The new Tower of Odin battles against Plarium troops had already made the PoP less important for the biggest clans (this is category 3 now).

As Krow says, the double points for fighting (for clans who don't score in cat 2 or 3) doesn't give the weaker side an advantage. But they are more likely to go for the strategy that was used against hodor - either don't fight at all or carefully attack tiles or small towns and then stop. They also have to yield safely. So the fighting score doesn't relate to the fighting strength of the clans but to a very simple strategy so hodor is right about that.

Yes palace level is not a good indicator of fighting ability but I would expect most clans with lvl 33-35 players to have a realistic idea.

The result of the new 4 fighting category CvC seems to be that it discourages fighting. If I think that my opponent is better at fighting why would I risk losing 2 categories? If I can sneak 2 categories, why not?

So, I suspect the new system is doomed but I don't know where they'll go from here.

Which system encourage fighting more than this one? I mean, you need to play smart not throwing troops to the enemy to be killed. I am curios to see, because on the first format, guys like you were upset because money players could win just by training, which was a real thing, then second format was easy win by money players because the sh and towns were splitted, the farmers could not win more than 1 category as it is still now (which is ok), and the deff and attack were canceling most of the times of the clans were the same power. The 4 category of battles encourage the most battles, I would say, but remember, this is a strategy game first of all, so play smart and win. If you need, I can give assistance to you and your clan to not lose all the time, but if you have bad players in the clan, then you would lose all the time. Start make strategies, use them to win, control your team, check battle report, don't attack or defend pop if you are not sure you can win in points there, also, if you can not do sh defense, mostly your enemy will  not be able to do it.

So, play smart, because if still this is not a good cvc format, then you guys will not like anything after all.
Feb 11, 2020, 08:4202/11/20
12/09/17

LOL

When we start losing I'll know where to come for advice!

Before CvC a clan should look at their opponent and agree on a strategy. For my clan with no PoP or Stronghold 4 to worry about the obvious strategy is to try to tile hit the enemy if possible. Why risk setting a trap or attacking an unshielded town that might be reinforced? If we can't tile hit then we try to win at least 2 of the 3 bottom categories. How does this encourage fighting?

For clans where cats 2 and 3 count, and you get an uneven match, why would you fight? Especially if you are a pay to win type anyway.

Even if you are the best fighting clan ever, you can only fight if your opponent wants to. That's always been true but this system penalises losing 1 battle so heavily that, in my opinion, many clans will not fight.

I will be happy if I am proven wrong.

Feb 11, 2020, 12:4502/11/20
04/07/17

hodor said:

You say they are "able to out farm us" ... well unless they got tons of domain guards then you can attack them on tile ... so guess you are saying then that they out killed invaders and ghosts than you did ... and just cuz they got more members doesn't mean they can out kill invaders and ghosts ...

That being said we always first day decide if we can win or not and then if we decide we can't win or is questionable and not worth it we "pack it up" ... that maybe is it for that event ... but doesn't mean no fun for the game ... and we have a very small number of members ... so most the time we are out numbered ... but we win much more than we lose ...

Feb 11, 2020, 13:0802/11/20
04/07/17

playerscont4 said:

Which system encourage fighting more than this one? I mean, you need to play smart not throwing troops to the enemy to be killed. I am curios to see, because on the first format, guys like you were upset because money players could win just by training, which was a real thing, then second format was easy win by money players because the sh and towns were splitted, the farmers could not win more than 1 category as it is still now (which is ok), and the deff and attack were canceling most of the times of the clans were the same power. The 4 category of battles encourage the most battles, I would say, but remember, this is a strategy game first of all, so play smart and win. If you need, I can give assistance to you and your clan to not lose all the time, but if you have bad players in the clan, then you would lose all the time. Start make strategies, use them to win, control your team, check battle report, don't attack or defend pop if you are not sure you can win in points there, also, if you can not do sh defense, mostly your enemy will  not be able to do it.

So, play smart, because if still this is not a good cvc format, then you guys will not like anything after all.

I have noticed that nothing seems to satisfy some players ... LOL ...

We won last time ... this time we are probably going to lose ... they got first tile hit and so take  lead in 2 catagories (we haven't given up on this though even though they got another tile hit ... if we can get ahead in fighting we will stop farming) ... they are in a much much much newer kingdom and have same influence as us so clan probably spends much more money ... they have almost 3 times the number of members as us ... so even if we get ahead in fighting we are not sure to win one of the other three catagories ... that is the game ... we are never sure if we will  win until the "fat lady sings" ... we know that cuz many times other clans thought they won until the last hour we did our "stuff" and beat them ...

So ... "That's the way the cookie crumbles" ... "That's the way the ball bounces" ... "Don't cry over spilt milk" ... "Qué será será" ... "Sh.t happens" ... "That's life" ... LOL

Feb 26, 2020, 19:3902/26/20
05/09/19

I still haven't seen any logical reason for doubling up the hitting points in two categories.  Aren't the three individual categories sufficient?  It gives an unfair and unnecessary advantage to the person who attacks anyone, anywhere first.  No reason for the total category.  What difference would it make in game play if it were eliminated?

And why are yielding and Invaders/Ghosts combined?  They are two different things.  Why not give them their own scoring category? 

Same for Influence and Stronghold, but, at least those make a little more sense to combine. 

All in all, wouldn't more categories make the game more fun for a wider variety of Clans and players?  3-2 win is just as fun as a 6-5 if the categories are fun to compete in.

I'd really just like to see someone explain why this system is more competitive and fun than the previous system (which had its flaws) or the one before that?  Instead of just mocking other people's opinions and providing very little actual reasoning behind opinions for or against the current system.

Mar 6, 2020, 03:1703/06/20
03/06/20

This new system that gives double points for killing troops in two separate categories is stupid. They should combine all categories that grant points for kills into one and split gathering rss and killing ghosts and invaders.  

My clan was essentially robbed our hard fought victory because we were paired against two uber players over 8 billion influence with our clan consisting of players under 1 billion, mostly in the 90 mil range, ten town levels under. The other clan easily killed our troops on rss sites winning two categories for a single action and then SOMEHOW trained enough troops to get 2 billion points. That's over 20 million level one troops they would have to train... They then remained shielded for the rest of the two days and didnt play.  

The CvC before that we lost because that clan killed 15 troops and won the two categories, then dumped their stronghold repeatedly until they won the third category. Our clan absolutely destroyed them in every other category but they still won because of this flawed system. It needs to change