All Categories

Ptoposal for a new Competition

Search
Feb 1, 2020, 12:1702/01/20
12/09/17

While I've been busy combining materials during Jotunheim, it occurred to me that there should be another Event running at the same time so here's my idea.

The event would involve 20 Jotunheim-like "kingdoms" with one for each palace level starting with palace level 16.

Only one player from each clan could go into the kingdom for that level at any one time. So if a clan has 10 level 21 players only 1 of them could be in the level 21 kingdom at any one time. So there would be no reinforcing.

While not being an actual PvP event, it would give that kind of feel which I think the game is really missing at this time. Even if there were no rewards, I would go there to test myself against players who were vaguely close to my abilities without fear of ambush by billionaire players or trillionaire clans.

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 1, 2020, 17:2302/01/20
06/21/17

While I think your idea is not without merit,and you have need something to do, and like many want to have real battles which I suspect is impossible to achieve, the first question I would ask is why would you exclude players with palaces below 16? Do they not have the same needs and an equal chance to participate?

Secondly ,there is nothing to stop you only attacking players at your own level if you want to test your capabilities, I appreciate that you will be vulnerable to every player as your are now.

Also I do not see how it would test you anyway, the chances are that any player of similar strength is likely to draw against you in any challenge.

Thirdly the restrictions you suggested that such an event would take part in another "kingdom"I see as flawed, there would be nothing to stop others ganging up on you, especially where people already cheat by  other methods to gain advantages that are not really in keeping with the basic idea of the game, but more in keeping with I will do anything to win.

Lastly the servers seem to be under duress already especially so when big events take place, like Jotunheim, or Fury,are running, do we really need a another problem?

Feb 2, 2020, 10:2502/02/20
12/09/17

Thanks for the thoughtful response.

Starting at lvl 16 seemed better from a commercial point of view but I could see it working for most levels except perhaps 1 to 4 but not making much money.

Yes I could attack players at my own level but I can't find any in my own kingdom and they are very hard to find when visiting other kingdoms and they are usually too afraid to fight for fear of bigger players or onslaughts.

My idea is for Jotunheim-like kingdoms so there would be a part of the kingdom where you could not shield. This would not be a competition where you draw. It would be a competition where you burn your opponent or they burn you or you avoid attacks. If there's a building at the centre, the person that holds it the longest would be the level champion. Players who come there will want to fight not just sit behind a shield forever.

Yes, you can never ensure a fair fight because any change creates new strategies.

Yes, it may be too much for the servers.