All Categories

Can't change username, "already exists" but very unlikely

Search
Aug 11, 2018, 14:1708/11/18

Hello,

I created my account today on Plarium.com, and started playing Vikings immediately. Problem is : my username is some player_45949558 and everytime I try to change it to Redo Vanecx, it says the username already exists. I believe it's very unlikely someone created that username before me (and remember, I created my plarium.com account with that username, as you can see here on this forum).

Anything I can do to fix that?

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 11, 2018, 17:2408/11/18
Aug 11, 2018, 17:25(edited)
03/20/18
I have been playing the game for some time, but trying to change name today, I am unable. Not telling me name already exists, just not able to edit, backspace is not clearing current name, and no option to copy from elsewhere, which used to be available. Same problem on 3 accounts, so something has gone wrong somewhere. 
Aug 12, 2018, 01:5008/12/18
Aug 12, 2018, 01:52(edited)
02/21/18

Redo Vanecx said:

Hello,

I created my account today on Plarium.com, and started playing Vikings immediately. Problem is : my username is some player_45949558 and everytime I try to change it to Redo Vanecx, it says the username already exists. I believe it's very unlikely someone created that username before me (and remember, I created my plarium.com account with that username, as you can see here on this forum).

Anything I can do to fix that?

I think I had the same problem when starting again,in a new Kingdom, and wondered if you had registered the name or attempted and failed to register the name previously, that the system recognised the name existed somewhere,and wouldnt let you resuse it.

So perhaps registering on the forum first means you couldnt use it in the game.

Alternatively.

I thought I had come up with a name, that was unlikely to have been chosen before, but the system said it had been used.

So maybe some one really has already used the name  you wanted

Aug 12, 2018, 10:1608/12/18

Thanks for the answer.

I didn't register on the forum before. I wanted to play Vikings (I had never played it before), so I went to Plarium.com, created an account with the username Redo Vanecx, launched the Vikings game, and after a few minutes I noticed the Vikings username wasn't the same as the Plarium.com username. So I tried to change it, and it says the name Redo Vanecx already exists (I don't believe anyone else created that username before me...).
Aug 12, 2018, 13:3408/12/18
Aug 12, 2018, 13:35(edited)
02/21/18

I just had another idea, you could always contact support in case you are doing something wrong or there is a glitch.

They may also be able to tell you when the name was first used.

As your name is unfamilair to me,I decided to Google it .

It would seem that it is unlikely that someone else already has it ,as it doesnt appear to be something from popular culture, except, I did find reference to the name on  a motor racing game,could that be you? 

If not  then maybe some else did use it on Plarium

Aug 12, 2018, 16:5208/12/18

WDYWTNTF said:

It would seem that it is unlikely that someone else already has it ,as it doesnt appear to be something from popular culture, except, I did find reference to the name on  a motor racing game,could that be you? 

It was me :D

I contacted support, which replied "If the game is telling you that the name is taken, it means that it is taken and we cannot allow you to use the name. Please use a different name that is available for your game account". 

So I changed it to RedoVanecx (without the space), but I still find it weird.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.