All Categories

Cannot load game using LTE on Samsung Note 9 phone

Search
Oct 3, 2020, 17:4910/03/20
03/15/17

Since the most recent update, the loading screen stalls at 75% for over a minute, then I have to restart.  This is when using T-Mobile (USA) LTE, the same as I have been using for over three years now.

If I turn on wifi, the game will load and play normally.  If I am in-game and turn wifi off, it immediately disconnects and does the whole loading to 75% thing again.

I have cleared cache, restarted phone, deleted game, restarted phone... multiple times, and the problem still exists.  I can use my phone as a mobile hotspot to an iPad and it plays fine on the iPad.  But cannot play on my phone using mobile data.

Is anyone else having this problem?
Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 4, 2020, 19:1110/04/20
03/15/17

Well, these forums seem pretty dead.  Time to move on.

Before I do, just wanted to update the thread with a solution.  I was able to go into phone settings and add a new access point using IPv4/IPv6 APN protocol. The t-mobile default is IPv6, which appears to no longer be working on Plarium's side.  (I was unable to modify the t-mobile access point, so I had to create a new one of my own that I could change the APN protocols).

HTH
Oct 7, 2020, 01:2910/07/20
10/06/19

Hello, I am having the same problem.  I recently got a new phone. A samsung galaxy A11 with Android 10.  Since upgrading, I can only play the game when connected to WiFi.  Attempting to play on cellular network 4G LTE results in the game loading to 75% and staying there until an error message that displays "Timeout" is displayed.  I also have T-Mobile (USA), same as the original poster.  Any ideas on what could be causing the problem?

Oct 7, 2020, 09:3810/07/20
01/11/17

Sam Loco said:

Hello, I am having the same problem.  I recently got a new phone. A samsung galaxy A11 with Android 10.  Since upgrading, I can only play the game when connected to WiFi.  Attempting to play on cellular network 4G LTE results in the game loading to 75% and staying there until an error message that displays "Timeout" is displayed.  I also have T-Mobile (USA), same as the original poster.  Any ideas on what could be causing the problem?

Hello! Answered you in PM.

Oct 9, 2020, 16:4710/09/20
I’m having the same issue for over a week now. I can’t log in using cellular data. I was a sprint customer but they got bought out by t-mobile. It’s only able to load up to 75% and it says it has no internet connection. I’m able to play other games but for some reason this one l can’t.
Oct 10, 2020, 03:1510/10/20
10/06/19
Hello, Ivar suggested trying to use a VPN to play the game over cellular network.  I did a search in the Google Play Store for VPN and decided to install the free version of SuperVPN.  I left (went out of range of) WiFi, connected (turned on) the VPN, and tried to play Vikings.  It worked.  The game loaded and played normally.  I'm not sure how this will work long term, but it seems like a good solution.  Give the VPN a try.
Jul 5, 2021, 01:2307/05/21
10/03/20

Thank you guys.

VPN really helped👍

Sep 22, 2021, 13:5709/22/21
07/06/21

Big thanks to the OP! This has been driving me nuts for days!

A quick google check will show you how to add a new APN to your cell/mobile device - and there are sites that give you exactly what settings to put in - just use ipv4 instead of ipv6