All Categories

Time for new hardware?

Time for new hardware?

Search
Mar 25, 2019, 06:1503/25/19
11/08/17

Time for new hardware?

Recently, within the last few days the plarium app, which I use to playing Vikings was zapping like 50% of my cpu. I could hear the fan kick in, begging for mercy. I shut down the app, and everything went calm. I thought a restart might be good, clear the books and open windows, my internet connection, and plarium app fresh. While monitoring the Windows Task Manager I could see again the heavy load the game was tasking my CPU. I had to shut it down again, fearing for the safety of my Computer. It's all I have left, so if it gets destroyed you might as well toss me in the trash with it.

Do I need to upgrade something? cpu, graphics, DirectX?

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 25, 2019, 12:0803/25/19
06/02/17

super.freak said:

Do I need to upgrade something? cpu, graphics, DirectX?

nope... problem is not your pc but the poor code that plarium use for the game...

My pc is a server with 2 xeon quad core, 32 gb ram, 8 sas drive, etc...

my computer

I can play skyrim with the top ENB but i am plagued with issue when playing vikings... if you play vikings with firefox, open the web console from the web developpers tools and you will see plenty of error reported, recurvive loop, missing texture, and other problemes...

Plarium can say what they want, the issue is probably on their side... not your computer...

As the safety of your computer, don't worry to much... modern processor will trottle down their speed if they become too much hot... risk to have physical damage is near zero... when speed throttle down, game will simply become more slow that usual...

If you are overclocking, it is a other story...