What does the game need to work correctly?
User ID: 1385765
Post ID: 504059
6 August, 2018, 8:22 AM UTC
Vikings: War of Clans is under constant development: the game mechanics are becoming ever more complex and new graphical elements are constantly being added. The app needs a stable internet connection and up-to-date software in order to work correctly. Problems may be caused by third-party apps running on the device, or an outdated operating system or game version.
How does the data exchange work?
In response to any user action, the game sends a request to the server. If the device is working correctly, the internet connection is stable, and no third-party programs are creating obstacles, the data packet reaches the recipient in milliseconds. Then the information is processed, and after that, millions of other users receive it. If there are any problems accessing the global network, data packets from the player are transmitted with delays or do not reach their destination at all.
Let's look at possible reasons why the web version of Vikings: War of Clans may run incorrectly (Facebook and the Plarium.com portal).
1. Poor internet connection
Low connection speed, multiple connections through your access point, or other running programs may prevent the game from launching.
2. Browser cache contains erroneous data
As it runs, your browser saves various temporary files: pages, styles, images, site settings, and cookies. These are necessary to help web pages load faster and to automatically authorize you on websites. Over time, erroneous data can build up in the cache. When the cache is cleared, the temporary files are partially or completely deleted.
To clear the cache and other saved data in the browser, follow these steps:
1) Go to "Settings" ("Parameters") in your browser menu.
2) Open the additional settings (a subsection in the lower part of the screen). In the "Privacy and security" section ("Personal data"), select "Clear history" ("Clear browsing data"). You can also simply type into the setting search bar (the upper part of the screen) the name of the menu subsection you need.
3) Select which data should be deleted and for which period and hit "Delete data".
To clear your browser of outdated and/or incorrect game files, you need to do the following:
In Google Chrome and Opera
4. Not enough available RAM or video memory
Before running the game, try closing the apps and browser tabs that aren't in use.
5. Outdated browser version
Read about how to update your browser here.
6. Access to the game server is blocked by some third-party software: VPN, antivirus, or browser extensions
Before running the game, set your browser to Incognito mode. It is enabled by pressing the key combination Ctrl+Shift+N. If the game starts working correctly, turn off web extensions one by one. This way, you will find out which one is blocking the server connection.
8. Your computer doesn’t meet minimum system requirements
The Vikings: War of Clans system requirements represent a computer configuration that is capable of running the game without any noticeable performance issues. As a result, you get an optimal download speed and a comfortable FPS rate (frames per second).
Minimum system requirements
A PC that meets the Vikings: War of Clans minimum system requirements is capable of running the game on low graphics settings:
- OS: Windows 7/8.1/10 x64
- Processor: Intel Core2Duo 2.2 GHz, AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.66 GHz, or any other with the same performance level
- Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD2xxx, GeForce 8600, or similar models that support DirectX 10
- RAM: 4 GB
- Free disk space: at least 10 GB
Recommended system requirements
The recommended system requirements of Vikings: War of Clans is the benchmark for the performance necessary to show the game's graphical and technological potential to its full. The following computer configuration allows the application to run and operate at the highest graphics settings:
- OS: Windows 7/8.1/10 x64
- Processor: Intel Core i3-3220, AMD FX-4300 or higher
- Graphics card: AMD Radeon R9 240/250, GeForce GTX 750 or higher
- RAM: at least 8 GB
- Free disk space: at least 10 GB
Let's look at possible reasons for performance issues in the mobile version of Vikings: War of Clans.
1. Unstable internet connection
Check your internet connection or use another access point.
2. Outdated version of Vikings: War of Clans
You need to download the latest version of the game. With every update, game processes are optimized, new content is added, and the app's stability is improved.
3. There is not enough available memory on your device
App updates take up space in your device memory. After downloading an update, check how much available memory is left in the internal storage of your smartphone or tablet.
If the free space runs out, try to clear the cache of the game and other apps. Turn off visual effects in the Vikings: War of Clans settings. If the game has been downloaded to the memory card, move it to your device's main memory.
You can also reinstall the application. Before doing so, check if the game is synchronized with Facebook, Google Play, or Game Center. Otherwise you may lose access to your account.
How to clear the cache on Android
The Android operating system allows you to clear the cache of individual applications or of all installed applications at once. To delete temporary files of all programs on the device:
1) Go to system settings and open the "Storage and USB flash drives" section (or a menu subsection with a similar name).
2) Select the "Cache data" subsection and confirm the clear cache option.
To delete the cache of an app, open the list of all programs in the system settings. Then select the required app from the list, hit "Storage" and "Clear cache".
How to clear the cache on iOS
On iPhone or iPad, you can only clear the Safari browser cache. To do this, hit "Settings" and select "Safari" and "Clear history and website data".
To clear the cache of any program, including Vikings: War of Clans, reinstall it.
4. The app is being blocked by an antivirus
Connection to game servers may be blocked by an antivirus installed on your mobile device.
5. Mobile device doesn't meet the minimum system requirements
In order for the game to work correctly, you need at least 1 GB of RAM available and the following operating system:
- Android: 4.0.3 or later
- iOS: 7.0 or later
1. Delete all temporary files from your PC which can be found in the following way:
2. Clear the Plarium Play application cache following this way:
After these steps are done, please reinstall the Plarium Play application.
Keeper of the history of the North, Interpreter of sagas.