All Categories

Troop type advantage

Troop type advantage

Search
Dec 1, 2021, 12:1112/01/21
12/13/17

Troop type advantage

Sorry if a thread exists for this couldn't find one on search..

Can someone give me a example of how troop type advantage works..

So the 50% bonus ?

My first thoughts are something along the lines of if my total attack is 1000 if I'm ranged hitting a killer it becomes 1500.

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 1, 2021, 14:2712/01/21
04/06/18

No.  The description of bonuses as percentages is misleading.  The percentage is not applied to the total strength of the troop but only to the base figure.  Very early in the game the base figure represents a significant part of the troop's strength but as knowledge, hero, shaman, hero's skills, shaman's skills, hero's gear, shaman's gear, Valkyries, Town Skin, Hero's skin etc etc etc etc etc develop the base figure becomes a trivial part of overall strength.

Bonuses would more helpfully be described as additions but of course that would not be so alluring and so is not a change that will ever happen.

The thing to take away from this is that improvements to your army's fighting strength is acquired by inumerable tiny accretions.  After you are a week into the game do not expect to find any one advance which will make a significant difference.

Dec 2, 2021, 01:0312/02/21
Dec 2, 2021, 01:08(edited)
06/21/17

Though you might be correct in your thinking,personally,with regards to troops, I never considered the strengths and weakness percentages quoted for one type of troop over another  as bonuses in the way you suggested.

I simply took it as a fact that  during a battle given equal numbers ,one type would do better than another. Think about real historic battles and there's logic in it.

What John is saying is largely true, but unless I am mistaken, it is the first time anyone else has effectively and bluntly said that  regarding promised outcomes, the game actually sells snake oil.