All Categories

What is the benefit of getting 2 stars for a level in Helheim?

Search
Sep 26, 2021, 18:4309/26/21
04/03/17

I can see the benefit of getting 1 star and of getting 3 stars but nothing appears to happen when I get 2 stars. I suppose it confirms that I am getting closer to getting 3 stars but I can see that by the % of energy left at the end anyway.🤔

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 26, 2021, 19:1309/26/21
01/11/17

Hi Estarm! Depending on how many stars you receive for passing a node, the following actions will be available to you:

• If you got one star for passing the node, you can continue exploring it to receive more stars or pass it again from the very beginning. Please note that if you start exploring the next node, when you return to the current node, you will start exploring it again from the first chamber.
  • If you got two stars for passing the node, you can pass it again to improve your results and receive three stars. You need to return to the Floor screen and select the node again. In this case, you will start exploring it from the first chamber.
  • If you got three stars for passing the node, then you are taken back to the Floor screen and can select the next node for exploration. In addition, the auto mode becomes available to you for passing the current node again. 

You can find the additional information in our official Game Guide by the following link: https://vikingsweb-support.plarium.com/web/en/guide/helheim/catacombs

Have a wonderful day🤗

Sep 26, 2021, 23:0009/26/21
06/21/17

He answered the question, but leaving us non the wiser.  

At first the whole thing can be a bit bewildering,then it becomes clearer exactly what's going on. 

Without something of note,getting two stars does feel a bit of an anti climax ,and coupled with the text, I was left with the feeling they changed something.

I came to the same conclusion as you, there is no real benefit of getting two stars,except that 2*  means all rooms were passed, and the maximum amount of points gained.

Sep 27, 2021, 08:0809/27/21
04/06/18

Nothing is the answer to your question.

If you choose to carry on after defeating the Boss you gain: a chance to reach three stars (if you still have 50% health or more); the chance to gain more experience by defeating such warriors of gloom as remain within the remaining rooms of that node; and the loot within any chests encountered.  There is no particular downside save for lost time unless you care about the number of defeats shown in your hero's stats.  As far as I have seen continuing or not makes no difference to the coffer of rewards given for passing a node.

When I can see, after defeating the Boss, that three stars cannot be achieved I end that exporation and start the node again - I will get just as much experience and equally good chances to open chests while engaged on the next run so the time is better spent making the next try for three stars and making progress towards the next coffer of rewards.

Sep 27, 2021, 08:4209/27/21
04/03/17

Thanks to you all for taking time to respond. Looks like my initial assumption was right - so at least I'm no worse off😂.

If I can't get 3*  at any time I use auto runs on my highest 3* level until I can upgrade my hero and/or gear then try again. 

Good luck all.

Sep 27, 2021, 11:5009/27/21
06/21/17

Welcome, thanks, and others may just need that luck. Finding the free gear can really help if its found early enough.

You can cancel a run or use auto run, which was the subject of one of the first posts about Helhiem, but this isnt necessarily the best choice, it's dependant on weighting of time versus cost.

Using auto run, only gets you the reward for 3* and nothing else, so you miss out on experience points,rewards and chests, which may contain useful items or even the gear.

Cancelling after defeating the Boss,means you wasted some of the marks of resolve value as above.

Oct 6, 2021, 06:3610/06/21
Oct 7, 2021, 04:21(edited)
10/06/21

Hello,

There is no specific drawback put something aside for lost time except if you care about the quantity of losses displayed in your saint's details. To the extent I have seen proceeding or not has no effect to the coffer of remunerations given for passing a hub.

tellthebell  

Oct 6, 2021, 13:1810/06/21
06/21/17

You can find out what reward can be won for completing any floor before actually doing so, and it  appears to be a fixed amount, so isn't likely to change.

I had wondered if upgrading from 1* to 2* had any influence on the coffer obtained from killing the boss, but the answr here also appears to be none.