All Categories

Meaningless, time since last visit?

Search
Jun 15, 2021, 01:3706/15/21
11/30/17

So exactly how is this supposed to work ?

Does it?

Asking because, CvC opposing clan member,solo player, hasn't moved for over 5 hours ,yet has moved kingdoms and scored massive amounts of points, 3.3 billion in Ivaders /Ghosts/Yielding section and there is still 1 day 22 hours left? 

Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 15, 2021, 10:3006/15/21
04/07/17

It is the time they last logged ON not when they logged off so guess they were busy for those 5 hours ONLINE ...

Jun 15, 2021, 11:1306/15/21
04/06/18

Your CvC opponent logged on five hours ago and the game has been running on their device the whole of that time..  The "since last visit" figure will continue to get longer until the next time the player logs in.  

The figure does not tell you whether the player is online.

Were you to look you would find the occasional player with the Long-Lived IV achievement.  To have racked up that amount of time in game since that achievement was introduced the player must have kept the game running virtually continuously.

That said people who stay online for many hours at a time are fairly rare so the "since last visit" figure is a decent guide as to how active the person is and gives a rough guide as to how likely it is that they are online currently.  And of course a "since last visit" figure of a few seconds or minutes tells a straightforward story.

Good luck in your CvC, solo opponents tend to be tough to beat.

Jun 15, 2021, 14:2306/15/21
Jun 15, 2021, 14:40(edited)
11/30/17

Thanks for the reponses. 

There are some interesting analyses and possibly conflicating opinions regarding its functionality

First Ivar thinks, I think its malpractice, and I should report it.

If there was an official post as to how  its supposed to work , it would be much easier for us to monitor events and find out if it does show errors, or possible violations.

Blazebo.

If it is only the last time someone logged on,then it really does seem to serve no real purpose, irrespective of if it does or doesnt change,when either the player logs off or doesnt log off.

John .

It makes sense ,if this is its function that the time shown will increase after last logging on.

However, if the device ,or is it the game has been running the whole time, and no logging off has occurred, then there is no need for a restart,as there has been no new logging in .

If someone just logged on,a display of a few seconds or minutes is of limited use, and no use if its not last activity, which it implies, and that doesn't appear to be the case.

I was fortunate enough to see the opponent move troops and nothing significant happened to the timer. In fact it's currently showing 18.5 hours.

This returns me to me original thought.

The timer is not working, or it's meaningless.

Jun 16, 2021, 20:5806/16/21
Jun 16, 2021, 20:59(edited)
04/07/17

Both John and I have said it is the last time someone logged in (I said they were online the whole time because you said you saw them doing things).  It has limited use but is not useless.