All Categories

How to get Feather

How to get Feather

Search
Aug 1, 2020, 03:0108/01/20
07/04/20

How to get Feather

The Vikings Help page only shows to get Feather from Chests. Any other quick ways I can get more? Thanks!
Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 1, 2020, 07:5808/01/20
Aug 6, 2020, 21:48(edited)
04/06/18

You will get some from completing tasks and they occasionally drop when hitting Invaders.

They also sometimes drop when yielding farmlands, lumberjack sheds and (slightly lower frequency) silver altars so focus your yielding on those resource tiles.

And Loki may give you one from time to time.  Try playing tricks on people, he might appreciate that and reward you!
Aug 1, 2020, 10:2508/01/20
12/06/19

Don't know how long you have been playing but Feathers are seriously easy to get. John (post above) pretty much nails it so don't have much to add to his reply. I yield a LOT so have 81 Legendary feathers now. I've used them once. lol.

Food and Lumber yield the fastest also so should be your first choice in yielding during competitions as they will add up very quickly.

Good luck with the game!
Aug 6, 2020, 05:2508/06/20
05/08/17
John said:

You will get some from completing tasks and they occasionally drop when hitting Invaders.

They also sometimes drop when yielding farmlands, lumberjack sheds and (slightly lower frequency) silver altars so focus your yielding on those resource tiles.
You can't get feathers from yielding farmlands only lumberjacks sheds and silver altars, farmlands contain rope, Elixir and cotton, Lumberjacks sheds contain Derbris, Feather and Hide,  and yes feather's from silver altars are less because they contain all 12 standard materials so you only have a 1 in 12 chance of getting a feather.
Aug 6, 2020, 05:2908/06/20
05/08/17
RealBigOleDummy said:

Don't know how long you have been playing but Feathers are seriously easy to get. John (post above) pretty much nails it so don't have much to add to his reply. I yield a LOT so have 81 Legendary feathers now. I've used them once. lol.

Food and Lumber yield the fastest also so should be your first choice in yielding during competitions as they will add up very quickly.

Good luck with the game!
Lumber does not yield at the same speed as food, Food yields the fastest followed by Lumber and stone which yield at equal speeds then Iron and lastly silver which yields at the slowest speed.
Aug 6, 2020, 05:4808/06/20
Aug 6, 2020, 05:51(edited)
05/08/17

RagnarNewJourney said:

The Vikings Help page only shows to get Feather from Chests. Any other quick ways I can get more? Thanks!

The best way to get feathers is to do lots of task refreshers i really needed leather and steel so I did lots of task refreshers and got the leather and steel that I needed, I also ended up with about 100 legendary feathers and 150 legendary granite, Also if you yield level 6 lumber tiles or level 6 silver tiles you have a chance to get legendary feather and level 5 and 6 invaders are a good bet too as they drop legendary standard material as well. 

Aug 6, 2020, 08:4308/06/20
Aug 6, 2020, 08:49(edited)
06/21/17

Very interesting. 

Though I wonder at the frequency of these events, and how many troops you send to these tiles in order to get legendary material,  I also note that you obtain a high level hero experience from tasks. 

I surmise,these events will be less likely if you are not so advanced.

I could be wrong, but I think that I only ever got one piece of legendary equipment from a tile and that was a long time ago,it was probably from an Uber tile , when they used to contain much more resources than they do now.

Aug 6, 2020, 21:4408/06/20
04/06/18

You can get legendary items even when yielding with modest numbers of low tier troops although it is very rare.  During my first year of play with very low influence and a modest sized palace I encountered three.  As is often the case I was doing a whole lot of yielding during that period.

The number of legendary drops goes up substantially once you have maxed Invader knowledge and are hitting Ubers with a full set of legendary equipment - about one per Uber (although more gems than material). 

Legendary drops continue fairly rare when yielding but there is an increased chance the higher the tier of troops employed and the longer the troops are on the tile.

I have paid no attention to the drops that come from tasks.  For those like the poster above who like to purchase progress with cash there seem to be a whole lot of task refreshers included in the packs chosen to be bought and I imagine the number of high level drops reflects a very large number of tasks completed.  It would not be altogether surprising if the dice roll which determines the level of the item dropped were identical for yielding and for completing tasks.

Overall I would say that there is no doubt that the main source for materials is Invaders with yielding and tasks providing only a modest - although welcome - contribution.

Aug 8, 2020, 06:4308/08/20
05/08/17

xyz said:

Very interesting. 

Though I wonder at the frequency of these events, and how many troops you send to these tiles in order to get legendary material,  I also note that you obtain a high level hero experience from tasks. 

I surmise,these events will be less likely if you are not so advanced.

I could be wrong, but I think that I only ever got one piece of legendary equipment from a tile and that was a long time ago,it was probably from an Uber tile , when they used to contain much more resources than they do now.

I would say the best chance of getting legendary material from tiles is to empty the tile in full. best to do when their are no global events as long as you have tile peace in your home kingdom. I have gotten legendary material from tiles when only collecting a small amount but on the whole more from yielding the whole tile in full, 

As for tasks the higher your vip level the more tasks you will get to do giving you a better chance of legendary material, but that is not always the case as I have alts with low palace and vip level and do get legendary from the tasks on those accounts but not as often as my main account but that may be because I do not log onto those accounts as often as my main.

Aug 9, 2020, 10:2908/09/20
12/06/19
Laird Brinni said:

RealBigOleDummy said:

Good luck with the game!
Lumber does not yield at the same speed as food, Food yields the fastest followed by Lumber and stone which yield at equal speeds then Iron and lastly silver which yields at the slowest speed.
I did not say that lumber was as fast as Food, said Food and Lumber were the fastest. Pay attention.
Aug 9, 2020, 17:4508/09/20
05/08/17

RealBigOleDummy said:

Laird Brinni said:

RealBigOleDummy said:

Good luck with the game!
I did not say that lumber was as fast as Food, said Food and Lumber were the fastest. Pay attention.
Yes but lumber yields at the same speed as stone and I did pay attention you said Food and Lumber yield the fastest implying that they yield at the same speed.