All Categories

what is the point with this game?

Search
Nov 20, 2019, 10:2111/20/19
03/18/18

Been trying to play this game for 2- 4 weeks now. Not sure why I have not left long ago. Not sure if I ended up on  polish server, if there is a way to change language for the common chat or what? Not going to ask any thing or write anything in a chat where I can only see Cyrillic  letters

A big part for me with a game like this is the chat, the chat is the easy way to find friends and information. I am not going to join any clans before I know if this is something for me. So far it looks just like you need to open the chest of Loki - to get too many troops - troops that I so far have not found out what to use for. The many troops need  more food that I can produce and then  Plarium imagine I will use real money to buy gold and sort it. 

I tried Pirates some years back - it was just a front with nice picture with northing much inside - this looks very much like that so far.

No I am not going to learn how to read and write Polish - so I guess I need to find myself an English speaking game.

Urd
Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 20, 2019, 11:0511/20/19
02/21/18

This is strange.

What you write makes a lot of sense.

There are things that you might learn to help you with the game and solve the problems that you and others before you have encountered.

I couldn't understand the Polish thing, and wondered if thats where you are, Poland,but I think what you may be seeing in the common chat is Russian.

A big problem with the game is that most of the chat is in Russian.

If you were in an english clan you might find there was enough chat there,but maybe not.

From my experience theres a frenzy of common chat, and possibly clan chat in the early stages of the game and often about the game, with not much small talk, and then the professional aspect and or dominance of certain types of player soon takes over, and thats probably why all you can see is words and letters from an unfamiliar  alphabet.

So with hind sight,I dont think you are on the wrong sever after all, I could be wrong, but think there is only one sever., and this is a problem.

It would be better if the different languages had different servers, so you mostly only encountered native language speakers.

Even if this was the case I do not know if the social aspect that is of interest to you would be there.

Nov 20, 2019, 12:1311/20/19
12/09/17

LOL

The point of the game is to pass your time in a fashion that amuses you. If you are not amused, that might tell you something about whether the game is for you or not. At the moment it amuses me to answer questions in the forum.

The language you are seeing is Russian - about half the people that play this game are Russian or can use Cyrillic. Polish uses the Latin alphabet. Each kingdom is a server and all are multilingual. Any language can be used in the chat.

When a clan is first formed, the Chief chooses a language from the 8 that you can see in the settings. It is not a requirement that clan members can understand that language or that they use that language in clan chat. Having said that, in most English clans, most players use English.

This is a strategy game. So, there are times when it's a good idea to open the Chest of Loki and times when it's not. There are times when you might use your troops for yielding resources, and other times when you might use them to attack other towns, and times when they sit in your town doing nothing. If you do not have food for your troops, it is no big problem - you have to work out a strategy, real money is not necessary unless it amuses you to spend it.

Nov 21, 2019, 09:3611/21/19
03/18/18

Thanks for your answers. I think it answered my question, and that is I need to find myself another game.

I dont belong in a game where there is not a common chat with a common language, - English. Other games I have played have had rules to stick to the common language, if that is not the case, then the game is not for me.  If there is no social aspect then there is really no point to an Internet game, I can as well play any other game not on-line.

Nov 21, 2019, 14:0011/21/19
12/09/17

As you say, there isn't much of a social aspect to the Common chat. It is sometimes different in clan chat. Some clans have their own groups in apps like LINE but these are usually bigger clans where players are spending money I think.

Good luck in your new game(s).