All Categories

Fury match up

Fury match up

Search
Nov 19, 2019, 02:5911/19/19
11/02/18

Fury match up

Dear Plarium,

Pleas review the Fury match-up algorithm changes you’ve made in one of the last updates.

We are a 3T influence clan, in a kingdom with a total influence < 4T. We take Fury event seriously, always take care to prepare well, and have a very strong track record.

This morning we were matched up against:

- kingdom 2 (Salgert - 70T clan)

- kingdom 473 (has 6T clan)

Essentially, this is an unwinnable scenario! I suspect, players in Salgert won’t be happy either, as they are not really going to get a decent fight in this Fury.

Fury is only run once every four weeks, unfortunately we will have to give this one a skip. I urge you to fix this matching algorithm ASAP as I fear many of us will not have much interest in this game if this continues in the future.

Regards,

// Zye \\

Player ID = 46865040

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 19, 2019, 12:5911/19/19
Nov 19, 2019, 13:01(edited)
06/21/17

I think , that if Salgert a top clan are interested in maintaining their position and dominance, they would be very happy to get an easy win, so they get get their hands on all that lovely loot from the L.9 tiles.

The added attraction being it stops some other clan doing so instead. 

I get you point that every clan should have an equal chance of getting the win.
Nov 20, 2019, 00:1711/20/19
12/09/17

The problem with KvKF is that there are only about 200 possible matchups and so perhaps the algorithm hasn't changed but your success may be working against you.

I haven't been keeping track but I think the algorithm excludes kingdoms you've played against previously and then considers influence group and success.

Changing the algorithm to make the matchups closer in influence would mean that the same kingdoms would be playing one another on a regular basis and some might find that makes the game less interesting for them.

But, it never hurts to ask!