All Categories

How to tell what are REALLY my best troops?

Search
Nov 16, 2019, 01:0411/16/19
05/30/18

Hi!

I’m getting different advice from different players in the game on this. I always thought that the way to see what your “best” troops were wax to click on the barracks then select a troop. I’m there you see numbers for defence, attack & health. I presumed this number reflected all of your citadel upgrades, knowledge, gear, etc. I thought this from what someone very early on in the game told me. 

However, I have recently been told that is NOT the way to know, and even if your numbers are higher on one troop level, the lower troop might actually be better. They said you should look in the palace at military stats. But I’m there I can only see percentage bonuses.

Basically in my barracks the T7 or my troop type have finally overtaken my T6 of the same troop type in terms of the stats there. But now I’m being told that I should ignore that as actually my T6 will still be the better ones really. 

Where do you guys look to decide which ones are your best troops? And if it is the palace, where specifically do you look/what do you compare as maybe I am just looking at the wrong thing! 

I suspect this person thinks I’ve done a lot more T6 knowledge so in that case they would be better. If they are right though - what’s the point of those stats on the barracks screen if you cannot rely on them?

Thank you in advance.
Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 16, 2019, 02:4611/16/19
12/09/17

I think that your first advice was correct. Certainly, if you remove a piece of hero gear you see an instant change in the stats in the barracks. The other features are more difficult to check but I expect the same result. An interesting but irrelevant fact is that these are the stats for troops with the hero only - the stats don't change when the hero is with the troops at another location but clearly the troops in the town will not be as strong.

Yes, in the palace military stats you only see percentages but because t6 and t7 are next to one another it is easy to compare once you find them in the long list of troops. But this should be reflected in the barracks stats. As you say, if your knowledge is greater for T6 or they have better upgrades in the Valkyries' Citadel then you should see the same in both places just shown in different ways.

There is an argument that it is better to use larger numbers of lower tier troops in defence but this is not what you are asking.

I am glad that you raised this question because it made me look through the troops stats and while I see the Offense and Health stats from the Valkyries' Citadel, my defence stats are not shown. Time to lodge a ticket.
Nov 16, 2019, 02:5211/16/19
Nov 16, 2019, 02:53(edited)
02/21/18

I do not know the answer.

However I seem to remember some discusion possibly on this forum, about the merits of one tier troop in comparison to the one above it, and how the normal progression of the qualities of the other tiers had been abandonded, such that the higher tier was relatively not as good.

I think the tiers in question were 5 and 6.

It is possible that a similar descrepancy exists between 6 and 7.

Those in the know may enlighten you. Though it appears those in the know have already given you conflicting information.
Nov 19, 2019, 14:5311/19/19
09/11/18

Hit a low level town without a VIP. Like a level 8.

Check the stats in the reports. This is your raw max stats with all bonuses involved from hero/shaman(without reducers and vip affecting you.)