All Categories

First thoughts on new CvC?

Search
Nov 14, 2019, 02:3911/14/19
12/09/17

So let me start by saying it was a 2:2 victory for our clan. There was no fighting and no Stronghold.

1. There are new CvC cutoff points for the Leagues. We are back in Rookies.

2. Clan checkpoints 1 and 2 are still a long way apart but at least we made it to 2.

3. Personal checkpoints were good for me - quite a lot of gold and boosts.

4. Clan chief received 200M of each rss.

5. We just did the usual things we do in CvC but maybe logged in more often and so did more overall. Made sure we logged in in last hour and made sure we had a good lead in our two categories and the overall score. Like in old CvC the scorelines are useless in the last hour. So if they had really wanted to win it could probably have gone 3:1 their way or they could have won on total score.

6. Didn't see any good opportunity to fight, and they didn't attack our tiles. Even if they had it would just make it 3:3 unless they failed in their tile attacks.

Iin terms of rewards it was actually a big improvement for us on the old CvC because of the personal rewards and the Chief rss. I think this might make us a bit keener to win CvC but we may try less if we are clearly being outplayed after first day.

What I would like to see is real-time scoring on the Clans Battle info page and a total score.

What are your thoughts?

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 14, 2019, 03:0511/14/19
04/07/17

It is late here ... so I will put my thoughts tomorrow ... just a quick say that it was interesting ...

My question though is since you tied 2 to 2 ... did both clans "win" ... did they go by total score then ... or do you not know?
Nov 14, 2019, 15:3611/14/19
Nov 14, 2019, 15:37(edited)
02/21/18

It goes without saying ,but the nature of things is, in a contest of 2, someone will win and someone will loose,nothing has changed here.

Apart from the fact I havent checked, and probably couldnt even if I had the information,it would seem that the introduction of personal events is an additional reward.so the changes probably havent really cost the owners anything,its still likely a win for them.

Though in effect it would be the same outcome,unless the rewards were rejigged,I think the personal rewards should be automatic and perhaps the clan rewards conditional on winning, or perhaps both should be automatic,with another bonus for actually winning.

Any change would only be cosmetic if it was cost neutral.

There does seem to have been adjustment with leagues, but this could be down to the fact that the clan isn't growing as fast as others are.

If there has been a change of leagues, and they have changed the levels,  then without records, its impossible to know exactly if things have altered for better or worse.

Its probably still true that the first level is easy, and its then a big jump to the second and so on, so however exciting the bonus level rewards might be, they are still tantalising beyond reach for many.

Nov 14, 2019, 21:0011/14/19
07/09/15
It is very expensive on invader and ghost energy ;-)
Nov 15, 2019, 08:2011/15/19
11/26/15

Hello,

the new CVC goes in the right way.

Players who think only to make points with troops building like in the past had it not so easy to win.

But what must change is the match making. The balance between the clans must be simlary the same. Not only the complete influence must be use.

The influence from each player, the number of players afre some things what must be going in the matchmaking.

The same changes should be go in KVK too. Perhabs some more points to reach for the scoring.

And a wish, let players fight against others who mean in only in 2-3 weeks grow over 100billion influence. That is not normal. Special when I see that the Hero and Shamane had the best equitment. And this can normal not be in this short play time.
Nov 15, 2019, 11:2911/15/19
Nov 15, 2019, 11:43(edited)
02/21/18

If it was only a fighting game and that was what most players wanted, there wouldnt be the need for all the extras that they keep adding, and even if they kept the extras and adding to them, the game could progress at a slowerr pace and with less need for updates.

The problem is the I want it, need it all right now attitude,and that speeding up your personal game can be achieved by spending money, without any real need for skill or thought. The game is here to make money. Its greed all round.

Many ask for the trade in goods to be allowed,it seems like a good idea, but it would be open to abuse.

In another post you are complaining about the behaviour of a player in the kingdom,and his tactics, and the asking for bribes,do you not think that this person would say to you hand over your equipment etc?.

You say  just between clans wouldnt hurt, but it would, the same thing could would happen, but under the radar.

Theres already complaints about the unfairness of the matchmaking, loopholes in the system that enables players or clans as you and others describe, and are against.

Nov 15, 2019, 19:3911/15/19
12/10/18

My only gripe is that we didn't get the Bastion of the Beast town skin for winning.

Other than that, I like the new format. We had 7 total categories. Gotta have an odd number. Unless you're fighting a dead clan, it'll be impossible to tie. At least it won't be a contest of who can cook the most T7s in the last hour anymore.