All Categories

Clan Store Purchases  - A cautionary tale ......

Clan Store Purchases - A cautionary tale ......

Search
Apr 6, 2019, 13:1704/06/19
07/30/17

Clan Store Purchases - A cautionary tale ......

Dear All,

One of our Elders made an accidental  purchase in our clan store using up most of our Prowess Points 258M worth Of Wax Seals.  Wax seals are not the most useful of items   only used for exiling towns from SH. He doesn't know how he did it but said that the game had been very glitchy and crashed when he was doing some purchases.

I have sent many messages and have  tried to ask Plarium to fix the issue, at first they said to send screenshots which I did,  Then they said that the player needed to message himself so he did.  Then they said no to the player and that they couldn't help or refund our points.  Player has now left our kingdom.

I then asked if Plarium could change the item to something that we could use   like peace shields or hero energy boosts.  They said that the Technical team  would get back to us.  They have now said no to this as well..  Has anyone else had this issue or managed to get some help to solve it.  In any case  Chiefs should flag up with their elders to be careful .....our clan points went from 258M to 13.2M  which is alot.  and this is what we are stuck with.

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 6, 2019, 19:5704/06/19
Apr 6, 2019, 20:45(edited)
02/21/18

This kind of situation would be less likely to happen if everything had a confirmation button, but they dont, and it seems these confimation buttons are more likely to be missing in situations where they can do the most damage for the player.  

I appreciate that there is effectively a  confirmation button in the clan store, but as you wrote why would you apply for so many of what is a little used piece of kit?

Getting something rectified  would seem to be rare, especially if they deemed the player made a mistake, and couldnt find a fault in the program to account for a glitch, but does not finding one mean that there wasnt one?

Apr 7, 2019, 16:4504/07/19
04/07/17
Sounds more like sabotage than accidental ...
Apr 7, 2019, 17:2004/07/19
02/21/18

You are right it does, I misread and thought the chief had made the mistake.

I suppose the warning should be, be careful who you promote.

Apr 8, 2019, 11:2604/08/19
07/30/17

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies:)

Well I am the chief so it wasn't me :)  ......not completely sure it was sabotage in this case and the player in question had been an elder for quite a while and we got on fine.    I demoted after it had happened until I could speak to the player but the damage was already done .  He did say sorry and attempt to rectify by contacting Plarium as was requested ,  but has now left kingdom when Plarium said no to fixing it..... I would truly be depressed if I thought it was an act of sabotage .

Also after this weekends clan event we are only up to about 28M prowess points  and we did thousands of tasks  so it is a massive loss for our clan .  And I am not inspired to go all out for those task events anymore.  I will only do them to progress  shamens(subject to accessing enough charms).  Also  I am not rushing to get my VIP to level 28 either  so I can get all complete unlocked on clan tasks.

I think players whose first language is not English may get confused in the Clan Store so the first persons response  of having a confirmation button would be a good idea.

But I also think people can  think they are in the personal loyalty points tab  and can make erroneous purchases on occasion or vice versa, thinking they are in the Clan purchase tab.........   We all get tired and make mistakes, especially when the game is glitchy  ....but this one was off the scale .

Or there could be a limit set of how many items you can buy in one transaction.  Clan Store Purchases don't need to be that excessive as its only topping up on items  that are required before events start.   An elder would then have to make multiple individual transactions in order to sabotage  and then that would be obvious on the  Payment history .

Maybe someone at Plarium can put some more development into the Clan store......   And adding other  Shamens charms would be useful might inspire more people to take part  in Task events

Apr 8, 2019, 13:5104/08/19
Apr 8, 2019, 13:59(edited)
04/07/17

Unless you have a problem with not enough prowess points for what the clan needs I wouldn't worry about it ... mostly clans have much more prowess points than they need (because people leave clan without using their loyalty points AND a lot of things people buy things like the baggi charms that do not take prowess points to stock because they are stocked by plarium to an unlimitted amount) ...

The person leaving kingdom afterwards would be an indication to me of sabotage ... one has to be very careful of who they put as elders ... even though one time I did something really stupid that is a typical sabotage act (yea I was doing things fast and didn't pay enough attention) ...

And yes it would be good if there were some "CHECKS" on the system ... like limited amount of items stocked at one time ... or something ... confirmation buttons would be helpful in a lot of situations (which we have been asking for this forever) ...
Apr 9, 2019, 07:3204/09/19
11/04/17
Chief should be able to set a MAX on what points can be spent in one day, this would help to mitigate mistakes, as well as sabotage