All Categories

installation issue

installation issue

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Aug 11, 2019, 23:0308/11/19
12/26/13

installation issue

I have been using the Plarium client on a Win 10 PC for many weeks.  Recently there was a popup on login that a new update was available so I followed the instructions to download and install.  

That process failed with a error message from the Plarium installer that upgrade failed because client already installed.  After several repeated cycles of this I used the control panel / programs & apps sceen on my computer to uninstall the Plarium client.  The control panel thinks that the Plarium client was successfully removed.

But now when I download the updated again and attempt to install I get

1) the same error that the new version cant install 

and

2) it gives me the option to start the Plarium client.  When I click it successfully start.

So ... any idea what the deal is with the "wont upgrade" issue?  

And how about the uninstall feature not really doing a full uninstall?

Views
Comments
Comments
BiohazarDModerator
Aug 13, 2019, 19:5108/13/19
10/04/13
dworkin said:

I have been using the Plarium client on a Win 10 PC for many weeks.  Recently there was a popup on login that a new update was available so I followed the instructions to download and install.  

That process failed with a error message from the Plarium installer that upgrade failed because client already installed.  After several repeated cycles of this I used the control panel / programs & apps sceen on my computer to uninstall the Plarium client.  The control panel thinks that the Plarium client was successfully removed.

But now when I download the updated again and attempt to install I get

1) the same error that the new version cant install 

and

2) it gives me the option to start the Plarium client.  When I click it successfully start.

So ... any idea what the deal is with the "wont upgrade" issue?  

And how about the uninstall feature not really doing a full uninstall?

I haven't had this problem, but if the uninstall isn't working you could probably do it manually by going to "C:\Program Files"  or "C:\Program Files (x86)" and deleting the Plarium folder, then running the installer for the latest version.  
Aug 13, 2019, 21:4808/13/19
12/26/13

Win 10 thinks the uninstall succeeded.  Manually when I check c:\program files and c:\program files (x86) there is no plarium folder so that also looks like the uninstall succeeded.  That is why I dont understand why the installer still gives an error of application already installed.  I just ran it again and got that very same behavior.  

But that error popup from the installer has a button that says "Launch".  When I click it the game starts.  
Aug 21, 2019, 00:3408/21/19
Aug 21, 2019, 00:53(edited)
12/26/13
Any chance of some tech support here?  
Aug 23, 2019, 21:2508/23/19
12/26/13

bueller? bueller?

Any chance of tech support?