All Categories

Why can't I change my name?

Search
Mar 19, 2020, 00:5303/19/20
02/04/20

I started this game a couple of weeks ago but I've been unable to change my name. During the guided portion, I tried and it didn't work. I've since tried and tired but it won't let me change it from my email address. Maybe it's too long - d45.stephane.parent? Any ideas?  
Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 19, 2020, 13:1803/19/20
04/12/17

d45stephaneparent said:

I started this game a couple of weeks ago but I've been unable to change my name. During the guided portion, I tried and it didn't work. I've since tried and tired but it won't let me change it from my email address. Maybe it's too long - d45.stephane.parent? Any ideas?  

Hello, d45stephaneparent!

If you want to change the name in the game, try please any variants without dots. 

If you have additional questions, feel free to ask!

Mar 20, 2020, 10:4003/20/20
02/04/20

I would be happy to, Roger. Unfortunately, it won't let me type or erase anything in the text box. It will only allow me to move my cursor. Any chance that someone at your end could strip the periods for me? Thanks for the help.

Mar 20, 2020, 11:3403/20/20
04/12/17
Please make sure that your antivirus and firewall are not conflicting with your browser. Please try to launcgh the game in another browser and then change your name. 
Mar 20, 2020, 15:1303/20/20
Mar 20, 2020, 15:16(edited)
09/09/17

d45stephaneparent said:

I would be happy to, Roger. Unfortunately, it won't let me type or erase anything in the text box. It will only allow me to move my cursor. Any chance that someone at your end could strip the periods for me? Thanks for the help.

Another way to go about this ...

Go to your plarium.com profile. i.e. https://plarium.com/forum/en/profile/{some number}/

- go to plarium.com, log in (not join game, just log in), click your name, top right, choose my profile. In there, along the top, choose profile. To the right of 'nickname', choose edit. Do so.

Now log out / in game. Go to palace, profile tab, click the text of your name. You can then click the copy button to bring down the name you set above.

Including, you can go back to edit profile and changes things back / as you wish.

Mar 21, 2020, 15:2703/21/20
Mar 21, 2020, 15:30(edited)
04/12/17

Also, message please about the result!

We are worried about you. If the situation doesn't change, contact me in PM. 

Mar 22, 2020, 02:2303/22/20
09/09/17

Roger Montgomery said:

Please make sure that your antivirus and firewall are not conflicting with your browser. Please try to launcgh the game in another browser and then change your name. 

If he can get in game, Roger, how would firewall, or anti-virus impact him, for name change only?

Are you saying the name change functionality interacts with other destinations than plarium.com that might be blocked in this case? If so, where is the game going other than the plarium.com destination?
Mar 22, 2020, 16:3803/22/20
Mar 22, 2020, 16:39(edited)
04/12/17

WWO said:

Roger Montgomery said:

If he can get in game, Roger, how would firewall, or anti-virus impact him, for name change only?

Are you saying the name change functionality interacts with other destinations than plarium.com that might be blocked in this case? If so, where is the game going other than the plarium.com destination?

As some input fields are checked by antiviruses, sometimes they can affect the browser functionality in different ways. 

But often the reason is trying to input the nickname with non-supported symbols like dots or commas, for example. 

Mar 22, 2020, 21:0703/22/20
09/09/17

Roger Montgomery said:

WWO said:

Roger Montgomery said:

As some input fields are checked by antiviruses, sometimes they can affect the browser functionality in different ways. 

But often the reason is trying to input the nickname with non-supported symbols like dots or commas, for example. 

> As some input fields are checked by antiviruses

In which case he would report similar problems in other text boxes, not just this one. So to have him check this would be to have him chase his tail.

> But often the reason is trying to input the nickname with non-supported symbols like dots or commas, for example. 

But he says he is not able to type anything at all. So to have him check this would be to have him chase his tail.

I don't understand why you would have him so chase his tail without solid empirical evidence that such is part of a short list of well known possible causes, when these are near 100% unlikely, and he has already noted they are not. Can you give us links towards occurrences where these have been shown to be the issue in this particular text field?

Mar 23, 2020, 17:4303/23/20
02/04/20
Thanks guys for helping out. I changed my Plarium nickname and then was able to copy it to my Throne profile. 
Mar 24, 2020, 18:0803/24/20
Mar 24, 2020, 18:09(edited)
09/09/17

PigOnAPoke said:

Thanks guys for helping out. I changed my Plarium nickname and then was able to copy it to my Throne profile. 

With dots (or whatever)?

i.e. Whatever restrictions @Roger mentioned didn't impact you?

And ...

If you go back in there, now, in game, are you able to type?

i.e. Any chance you just had glitchy contents, and this fixed whatever the issue was?
Apr 4, 2020, 22:5104/04/20
12/22/18
When I changed my nickname, I avoided periods. Now, I can go in to my profile in the game and edit my name normally.