All Categories

Unscheduled maintenance, again.

Search
Mar 5, 2020, 13:0103/05/20
01/28/18

How hard can it possibly be to give us players some notice when you are going to be shutting the servers down for maintenance?

There is a "site updates" icon on this site we can click on, which gives us information about updates that the developers could use.  They actually made a tool to make it easy for them to do this.  The icon is permanently viewable whilst playing or trying to login so I knew about the 8am UTC 3rd march update, as you used it for that, although I suspect the site was working fine then, as there were no maintenance rewards.  

Why not for today's shutdown?  Is the maintenance simply 2 days, 4 hrs 30 mins late?

Please don't apologise for this, just ask the developers to use the tool they made and keep your paying customers happy, for very minimal effort.  You already did the expensive and time consuming bit by building the system, just use it.  Please.

Regards.  Paying customer.

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 6, 2020, 00:2603/06/20
09/09/17
Well said.
Mar 7, 2020, 03:0303/07/20
Mar 7, 2020, 13:59(edited)
12/09/17

At the usual risk of telling people things they already know, there are two (at least) kinds of maintenance - Plarium site maintenance/update and Throne: Kingdom at War game maintenance/update.

The maintenance on 3rd March was Plarium site maintenance and it appeared in the notifications section of the browser version (don't know if it affects Plarium Play app or if that has another type of maintenance). Players who play on mobile devices do not see or  even realise that Plarium site maintenance (or crash) is happening and play continues normally for them. Also, if you are already logged in to the game before site maintenance starts you continue playing normally until you logout. There is no reward for this maintenance usually.

The maintenance on 5th March was Throne: Kingdom at War game maintenance and game is unavailable to all players. There is a reward for this.

It should be a simple matter to post a System Message to all players 24 or 48 hours before Throne: Kingdom at War game maintenance happens but they choose not to do so. I think that they did that once for Vikings so I know it's possible. 30 minutes notice is totally unreasonable.

If it is any consolation, Throne: Kingdom at War game maintenance is much less common than in Vikings because they iron out many of the bugs there. In Vikings it occurs every week or two on average.

Mar 10, 2020, 01:3903/10/20
09/09/17

Nice post, thank you!

Although we may intuitively have understood / expected that, having it written out particularly is very useful and welcome.
Mar 16, 2020, 12:2103/16/20
01/28/18

Unexpect said:

It should be a simple matter to post a System Message to all players 24 or 48 hours before Throne: Kingdom at War game maintenance happens but they choose not to do so. I think that they did that once for Vikings so I know it's possible. 30 minutes notice is totally unreasonable.

If it is any consolation, Throne: Kingdom at War game maintenance is much less common than in Vikings because they iron out many of the bugs there. In Vikings it occurs every week or two on average.

Another 30 minute notice shutdown, right in the middle of the leprechaun day.  You get my point, in that a day or 2's notice can't be too hard to arrange, and would make a huge difference to us paying customers.   I do appreciate there are multiple sets of maintenance, and that Vikings is much worse.  Perhaps they should sort the notifications for both?

That they have notifications for maintenance we don't see or have issues with, yet we can't get notifications when they do shut the servers down and the games stop, seems slightly retarded.

I also appreciate Plarium staff don't see these, which is half the problem.  What sort of company reads their own forum to better serve their customers.  Insane idea.
Mar 16, 2020, 14:2303/16/20
04/12/17

Greetings!

Thank you for your feedback. I forwarded it to our developers' team. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. Have a great day!
Mar 23, 2020, 12:1503/23/20
01/28/18

While I'm happy to complain (see above) I'm also happy to pass along credit where it's due.

If we could include a time, rather than just the days' notice, then you'd be hitting 100%.

Result.
Apr 23, 2020, 14:1704/23/20
06/24/17

you know what really pisses me off,  is they always do maintenance when I am available to be online.

It really sucks when my shield will be going down in a few hours and I have to go to work and cannot log in.

They should extend shield by 24 hours for those that have shields up.

players that lose all their troops and resources cant do anything about it.

Aggrevating.

Game still down  almost 2 hours now.
Apr 23, 2020, 16:1304/23/20
05/17/17

It seems everyone has the same issue and dating back not days but a couple of years and yet it appears to go on deaf ears and not only not enough notice but the length of time it is off line. I've been waiting 2.5hrs and its now after midnight and still waiting as I dont want to lose my resources and troops AGAIN so waiting to get shields