All Categories

Castles

Castles

Search
Mar 28, 2019, 23:4903/28/19
07/11/18

Castles

What does the game consider as a castle, just the eternal strongholds and dominion rampart or are towns also considered as a castle because of the palace inside?  

I assume that it is just the esh and rampart but would love clarification one way or the other.

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 29, 2019, 01:5803/29/19
Mar 29, 2019, 02:06(edited)
09/09/17

That is the current impression.

I have also started seeing, but don't remember where all, the title of a dialog box starting with 'Castle:'. So, at least, we know it applies to that one.

As always: Corrections, picks, and updates, always welcome.

N.B.:

French always seem to refer to this as the Bastion. [Bastion seems very generic to me.] I had to switch languages to see, for them, it is actually 'Bastion éternel'. (Note the é is not capitalized for them.

Same thing for Citadelle, instead of 'Citadelle de L'Ordre' but at least it is easy to extrapolate Citadel for English. Note that is does not have a prefix of 'Castle:'.

Can't get to the dominion at the moment, to cross-check there.

Mar 30, 2019, 09:3003/30/19
11/10/18
Can we have an "official" answer ?
Mar 31, 2019, 05:4703/31/19
09/09/17

Ploum said:

Can we have an "official" answer ?

You would have to go Menu / Help in game, and follow, for that.

Do let us know what you get back. More than a few have posed this same question.
Apr 11, 2019, 17:2704/11/19
07/11/18

I think the icon pretty much tells us that it is the esh and the dominion rampart that are considered a castle.  thus the Dohgrish grappler gear, Ann Castlebane, and her castle gear are all for assaulting and defending these 2 entities only.  Makes sense, especially as it forces us to spend more time and possibly $$$ to build all that gear and train Ann.

Sucks as it would be nice to be able to wear castle gear for town defense, especially when we find ourselves with a wide range of troop types in our army.   

WWO said:

That is the current impression.

I have also started seeing, but don't remember where all, the title of a dialog box starting with 'Castle:'. So, at least, we know it applies to that one.

As always: Corrections, picks, and updates, always welcome.

N.B.:

French always seem to refer to this as the Bastion. [Bastion seems very generic to me.] I had to switch languages to see, for them, it is actually 'Bastion éternel'. (Note the é is not capitalized for them.

Same thing for Citadelle, instead of 'Citadelle de L'Ordre' but at least it is easy to extrapolate Citadel for English. Note that is does not have a prefix of 'Castle:'.

Can't get to the dominion at the moment, to cross-check there.