All Categories

Stormfall is calling for a Moderator!

Search
NancyAdmin
Jan 21, 2020, 15:0601/21/20
07/09/19

We are looking for a new native English Speaking Moderator for Stormfall: Rise of Balur.

We know nobody knows the ins and outs of our games better than you, the players! We would like your experience and guidance to help our amazing community continue to grow and prosper.

We are now looking for a new Moderator for our Forum. The right person will be motivated, honest, reliable and above-all friendly towards gamers within our community.

What we are looking for:

- A mature, responsible and professional person to actively moderate our forums, providing answers, assistance or just a helping hand to any and all members of the community.

- Someone with vast experience in our games.

- A person with the ability to mediate discussions between players however always remains neutral.

- Someone committed to our games and the community. Moderating our forum isn't for the weak-hearted and being able to commit time per day to fostering a positive atmosphere in our forums and helping players is a large part of a moderator's role.

- Preferably someone who is already active in the forum and who already has the respect of the players they will be helping.

Your responsibilities as a Moderator include:

- Providing advice and help players in the group.

- Playing an active part in developing new ideas for our game.

- Moderating and monitoring the group to the best of your ability and knowledge.

- If necessary, you will be entrusted with the ability to warn/ban abusive players within the group.

If you feel like you're right for the role and think you could positively influence our forums, please don't hesitate to contact me with the following information:

1. The coordinates of your in-game location.

2. How long you've been playing our games, and which game(s) you play.

3. Your current Level in-game.

4. If you are or have ever been in an Alliance. (If yes, which one and what is your rank)?

5. Details about any relevant experience moderating other forums or groups, including which forums and for how long.

6. And most importantly, why do you want to become a moderator for our games?

If you've read all of the above and still would like to contribute and help the community grow as a moderator, please send your information in a private message to us, and we will contact you right back. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 1, 2020, 15:2203/01/20
06/15/17

Hello

I hope you could find someone asap

NancyAdmin
Mar 11, 2020, 13:4403/11/20
07/09/19

chascon said:

Hello

I hope you could find someone asap

Hi! Thanks for your comment, we are still looking for candidates. Brave Lords or Ladies, if you like to help other players and if you are an expert of the game, we are waiting for you .

Apr 26, 2020, 18:4104/26/20
04/26/20
I am curious as to if there is any evaluation on the actions of the selected moderators. it seems to me that the one selected has made himself very public. has not helped anyone with any aspects of the game ie: champions, battle grounds, tournaments ext. I do not believe the player that you selected actually meets any of the criteria that you request in your inquiry.
Apr 27, 2020, 01:4804/27/20
04/26/20
how ironic that a short time after I posted this a person insulted one of my members in a public chat . then the very next comment was a moderator actually agreeing with this disrespectful comment. this moderator did not have a non bias opinion on the situation. this moderators actions in a public setting is disturbing to the entire gaming community, and disrespectful to this administration. this just goes to show that having a in game player as a moderator creates a conflict of interest. these players have enemy's in the game and they do not ever show a proper non bias opinion of the situation.
NancyAdmin
May 6, 2020, 13:2105/06/20
07/09/19

ironic server2 said:

how ironic that a short time after I posted this a person insulted one of my members in a public chat . then the very next comment was a moderator actually agreeing with this disrespectful comment. this moderator did not have a non bias opinion on the situation. this moderators actions in a public setting is disturbing to the entire gaming community, and disrespectful to this administration. this just goes to show that having a in game player as a moderator creates a conflict of interest. these players have enemy's in the game and they do not ever show a proper non bias opinion of the situation.

ironic server2, if you have screenshots that prove a violation of some rules by a moderator, please send them to our support department

As for your question, all our moderators take a training course and then they should pass a probation period where we evaluate how they deal with the community and how they learned training material. There are two types of moderators - a moderator of the forums and a moderator of a chat. They have different responsibilities e.g we don't ask chat moderators to help the community with the in-game questions, while a moderator of the forum should have good knowledge of game features and mechanics.