All Categories

Please show me a good method to stop backstabbing league members!

Search
Feb 11, 2017, 12:5302/11/17
12/13/16

Hi, I'm a Captain in our league. Our Marshal is away for a week so I have taken the lead for now.

Before he left we tried to upgrade our fortress multiple times, we placed tons of defensive units to garrison the fort; there was no PVP event at the time so the chance of getting attacked was minimum. However we got attacked in a very suspicious way. It was like our enemy knew exactly how many number of units we have garrisoned in our fort. We are confident that there was no gain or benefit to the attacker at the time since there were no rewards. 

He first sent a single decoy Silent one which failed due to the massive number of our Silent ones. Then he attacked with lots Wyverns. We suspect that a league member could be spying us to our enemy. We need a method to stop this. I thought we could restrict people's access to our fort in in order to find out who was this spy. But it looks like it is not possible and anyone can see how much units we have in our fortress.

We suspect revenge was the motivation, but this player did not have any conflicts with us before. We had some fight with Russians, and there are some Russian league members in our league. We suspect someone is spying on us.

We need help. Everybody in league is upset. This becoming a real game breaker and frustrating.

Thanks

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 13, 2017, 07:4802/13/17

Well, the main problem ii that almost 100% you have spy as your full league member.

After 7 days in league any newcomer can be promoted as full league member by system and can see you forces.

So first of all - you need to monitor alive active players and you clean unactive and suspicious.

And, ofc, make shure that you have any other line of comunication than ingame chat.

Feb 15, 2017, 02:5902/15/17
07/08/16
ilgaarsoft said:

Hi, I'm a Captain in our league. Our Marshal is away for a week so I have taken the lead for now.

Before he left we tried to upgrade our fortress multiple times, we placed tons of defensive units to garrison the fort; there was no PVP event at the time so the chance of getting attacked was minimum. However we got attacked in a very suspicious way. It was like our enemy knew exactly how many number of units we have garrisoned in our fort. We are confident that there was no gain or benefit to the attacker at the time since there were no rewards. 

He first sent a single decoy Silent one which failed due to the massive number of our Silent ones. Then he attacked with lots Wyverns. We suspect that a league member could be spying us to our enemy. We need a method to stop this. I thought we could restrict people's access to our fort in in order to find out who was this spy. But it looks like it is not possible and anyone can see how much units we have in our fortress.

We suspect revenge was the motivation, but this player did not have any conflicts with us before. We had some fight with Russians, and there are some Russian league members in our league. We suspect someone is spying on us.

We need help. Everybody in league is upset. This becoming a real game breaker and frustrating.

Thanks

Did they end up downgrading your fort?
Feb 15, 2017, 08:5802/15/17
12/13/16
KashAz said:

Yes, they did unfortunately. I wish there was a way to restrict people from accessing our fort.
Feb 15, 2017, 10:3402/15/17
03/01/16

Lords and Ladies, sending Spies is one of the strategies. I can see that it's frustrating, however, this is not a violation our rules. We grant all users the opportunity to handle such situations themselves and develop their own strategies like either strategic moves or aggressive offense.

I hope you'll recover soon!

Feb 16, 2017, 13:1702/16/17
Feb 16, 2017, 13:41(edited)
07/08/16
ilgaar said:

KashAz said:

Yes, they did unfortunately. I wish there was a way to restrict people from accessing our fort.
They may have needed a fortress downgrade so that they could upgrade their fortress or a downgrade because they were working on an achievement.  No one wastes the amount of troops it takes to downgrade a fortress for nothing.  As to your suspicion of a traitor, did the attacker completely overwhelm your fortress in one shot or did it just have the "right amount" to beat you fortress?  If your defense was not completely overwhelmed did it take several attacks or just one?
Mar 2, 2017, 15:0603/02/17
Main problem for this game is anybody can auto join anywhere they like and get info spy and come out, this is major issue for this game. I have played RPG games and I have never NEVER seen any auto joiners. There is no auto join option to any guild or clan in other games only in this game everybody can auto join anywhere they want. That is so funny....
Mar 5, 2017, 07:5703/05/17
02/12/16

Odds are the league that attacked just needed to downgrade a fortress in order to upgrade their own, so you were targeted. No method to the madness. 

That being said, if you are truly worried about spies in your ranks, change the membership privileges so that only players over a specific rank can see the statistics at the beacon(s)/fort. You can keep players you suspect of being spies below that rank in order to keep your total defense numbers safe.