Pretty Pretty Castle

Pretty Pretty Castle

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Jun 25, 2017, 05:2306/25/17
03/27/17

@betenoirmobile

Thanks Tony!  I appreciate that.  I am going to incorporate the corral idea too :)

@Oracle

Nice suggestion, but it feels like you guys would have your hands full with implementing such a contest.    I think the theme in the castle Betenoirmobile was pointing out is something like,   the only true freedom is in death  (I've heard a quote a lot like that somewhere). 

Anyhoos, a contest could pick a theme or a famous one line quote, and make it so.  Either everyone do the same theme, or everyone pick from a gaggle of them. 

My castle tells a story, I just want more stuff to decorate with (and ideas to use what we already have :) ).

Thanks for taking me serious too :)

Jun 25, 2017, 05:2906/25/17
brunsonthomas said:

betenoirmobile said:

The story my castle tells is pretty much: "OH GOD, WHERE CAN I MAKE ROOM FOR THAT?"
Mine was organized until I found out about roads. When I started putting down roads, i moved everything out of the way. Later, by accident I found I could have simply left everything in place and added the roads under them. Once my roads are down, I an reorganize and maybe even make it look great. 
It took me an embarrassingly long amount of time before I found the edit control. I spent a week or two saving up sapphires to expand the castle because I thought that was going to be the only way to make extra room to build my Black Market, before working out that I was able to move things around a bit after I'd first plonked them down.
Jun 26, 2017, 16:1206/26/17
Jun 26, 2017, 16:16(edited)

http://prntscr.com/fodu19

this is one Capt in the league I am in castle, takes me 1min to see it, but it highly detailed and you can tell it took a long time to make

I remember raiding one enemy a few months ago and after I clicked on there castles...I admit spent like 10min looking at it, it was so beautiful and simple... not a lot of stuff but crazy cool pattern...wish i had added them to friends list or contacts cuz im trying to find em but cant ): 

good luck with your castle building Anjesayo, im 2 lazy and no artist talent so there is no hope for me XD

Jul 2, 2017, 07:2607/02/17
10/21/14

Personally Idc what my castle looks like as long as it has some D pts to help protect my defense 

But as many people know I have around 200 leprechauns running through my castle hehe. But as most server 3 players know this castle, I wanted to post it because of the time it takes for your screen to load up so many.....

http://prntscr.com/fqmgja

Jul 4, 2017, 17:0607/04/17
12/18/14
let me just say this ..... too much stuff in a castle is terrible!!! lol I rarely visit castles now because of it :/
Jul 5, 2017, 10:3007/05/17
03/20/14
Jezebel said:

let me just say this ..... too much stuff in a castle is terrible!!! lol I rarely visit castles now because of it :/
Yep, the big junked up castle get a trip and no wraith or guard raised from me. 3 min to load a castle is ridiculous.
Jul 6, 2017, 21:3307/06/17
03/22/16
Stewart_KT1 said:

Jezebel said:

Yep, the big junked up castle get a trip and no wraith or guard raised from me. 3 min to load a castle is ridiculous.
So because players are trying to protect their castle and your tripwires you can't be bothered to help them. That does not sound like teamwork. I would suggest you ask for loading time improvements rather than failing to help your teammates.
Jul 7, 2017, 06:5707/07/17
03/20/14

brunsonthomas said:

Stewart_KT1 said:

Jezebel said:

So because players are trying to protect their castle and your tripwires you can't be bothered to help them. That does not sound like teamwork. I would suggest you ask for loading time improvements rather than failing to help your teammates.

So sending them a trip is not helping them? And the persistent serial trouble makers i make a note to move next to them and slap the snot out of them.

With the amount of time to play per day at 2 hours or so, So i should use half of my game time waiting for bloated castles to load? I dont think thats going to happen.
Jul 7, 2017, 16:1607/07/17
djmoody said:

I always quite like the ones with messages written in them :)

FYI Anyone with poor internet no need to worry. Castle load times aren't to do with internet bandwidth they are down to the inefficiency of flash using up the resources of your PC. Good PC/laptop = fast castle rending.
Thx, the kind of good and true information Oracle wouldnt be able to hand out!
Jul 8, 2017, 02:3407/08/17
03/27/17

Stewart_KT1 said:

Jezebel said:

I must have a better computer and internet than I thought I bought.... NO castle takes me more than 15 seconds to load, even my own fat one.  I'm also almost apologetic to anyone visiting :( 

Jul 10, 2017, 09:4407/10/17

Yours doesn't seem to be taking an inordinate amount of time to load, Anje.

Have you been digging some new wells recently? Or am I only just noticing things that have been there all along?
Jul 11, 2017, 15:2607/11/17
03/27/17
I may have added a well or two or ten.  I'm still trying to make it easy on the eyes, since I seem to be looking at it an awful lot
Jul 11, 2017, 23:4407/11/17
Anjesayo said:

I may have added a well or two or ten.  I'm still trying to make it easy on the eyes, since I seem to be looking at it an awful lot
:) The pile of crates by the warehouses is fun too.
Aug 4, 2017, 16:5408/04/17
12/20/16

It is hard to find the balance between loading your castle with as much CD as you can, and making it look nice. 

here is my attempt.  http://prntscr.com/g4ekrr

You can find me on Server 2, LordsoftheBlackRose, Dailach (I'm a Cptn, so easy to find) 

Aug 13, 2017, 19:3808/13/17
10/14/16

Here's mine but didn't realise how much the roads affected the loading of the castle. I would like most of these roads to be exchanged for saphs, so I can add other improvements instead. (I heard that this has been done before and would appreciate help)

http://prntscr.com/g8118r

and saw this one in Dark Phoenix and would liked to have said my walls were first, but they weren't.

http://prntscr.com/g8135v