BEACON's are now the HAMLET's of this game

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Nov 6, 2017, 02:5611/06/17
07/25/15
Snowgoon said:

BiohazarD said:

There was a server that got shut down a few years ago (can't remember if it was stormfall or total domination), and they gave the players like a month warning.  So I doubt we're going to just log on one day and find our stuff gone, Plarium will let us know well in advance if they plan on shutting things down.  

It was on Kongregate, and plarium DID shut it down with no warning

3 days before shutdown we were told they had 'no plans' to pull the plug

Kong forced them to re-open for 30 days otherwise they would be in breach of contract

They did the same thing to Google+ and Yahoo players on the facebook servers

and many Kabam players were unable to transfer their castles to plarium Farwol server, so many accounts were lost forever, after CM told us they were not shutting down too - https://prnt.sc/4kzyzj

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/12-kongregate-multiplayer-games/topics/436413-pirates-tides-of-fortune-shutdown

They would never say much in advance, because spending need to happen until the last minute right? :p
Nov 6, 2017, 11:5311/06/17
02/29/16

Gadheras said:

Snowgoon said:

BiohazarD said:

There was a server that got shut down a few years ago (can't remember if it was stormfall or total domination), and they gave the players like a month warning.  So I doubt we're going to just log on one day and find our stuff gone, Plarium will let us know well in advance if they plan on shutting things down.  

It was on Kongregate, and plarium DID shut it down with no warning

3 days before shutdown we were told they had 'no plans' to pull the plug

Kong forced them to re-open for 30 days otherwise they would be in breach of contract

They did the same thing to Google+ and Yahoo players on the facebook servers

and many Kabam players were unable to transfer their castles to plarium Farwol server, so many accounts were lost forever, after CM told us they were not shutting down too - https://prnt.sc/4kzyzj

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/12-kongregate-multiplayer-games/topics/436413-pirates-tides-of-fortune-shutdown

They would never say much in advance, because spending need to happen until the last minute right? :p

Hello.

I didn't work as CM when these servers were shut down. But I asked my colleagues and they confirmed that we warned the players.

In the case with Kongregate, it was done in a few weeks before, in the case with Kabam, it was done in 1 month.

I think that 1 month is enough in advance notice. Still, there is no any news that the current servers will be shut down.

Nov 6, 2017, 11:5811/06/17
02/29/16

Red said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Red said:

Jaywalker SC said:

Aren't Ballistas the missiles of the middle ages? 

But what we have now are a limited few on the walls. 

Would be nice to be able to purchase multiple Ballista batteries as permanent improvements. And I dont mean the troop type that die so easily. But I doubt that would ever happen. 

We have archers and those specialized infantry troops as well as the handful of catapults on the walls.

Another tech that existed in the middle ages and still exists today is the eye.  Why is it that you cannot see what troops are in an incoming attack, even when they are minutes away?  While the mechanic can be useful (since people don't know if an attack is real or fake), its also one of the more illogical mechanics in the game.  

The removal of the food limit makes little sense.  The original announcement tried to make it fit into the fantasy medieval setting by saying our wizards can now turn rocks into bread.  Considering the massive armies some folk have, their castles must float above massive pits that reach to the very core of this fantasy world and expand outwards at an ever increasing rate as every scrap of matter is converted to food by those poor overworked wizards.

Hello.

> Why is it that you cannot see what troops are in an incoming attack, even when they are minutes away?

Notifying a player about the upcoming attack is already an advantage. 

I was talking about the lack of logic.  Its odd that in this fantasy world, our sentries are unable to tell the difference between a single pathfinder and an army of over 30k dragons, even when they are only seconds away.  In real life, if sentries were that incompetent, they'd be fired.

Knowing an attack is coming isn't that big of an advantage, in fact, attackers can exploit it to their advantage.  This game favors offense units and attackers so much it isn't even funny.

I don't see any lack of logic here. Even in real life not always you can know the actual amount of attack that is going to you. Even more, attackers are doing everything possible to hide the actual number of their troops and disorient defenders in this way.

What is the interest of Battle when you know how many Units is going to attack you? If you don't want to fight, just hide your Units in Catacomb and that's it.

Nov 6, 2017, 15:4711/06/17
09/29/16

Alina Phoenix said:

Red said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Red said:

Jaywalker SC said:

Aren't Ballistas the missiles of the middle ages? 

But what we have now are a limited few on the walls. 

Would be nice to be able to purchase multiple Ballista batteries as permanent improvements. And I dont mean the troop type that die so easily. But I doubt that would ever happen. 

We have archers and those specialized infantry troops as well as the handful of catapults on the walls.

Another tech that existed in the middle ages and still exists today is the eye.  Why is it that you cannot see what troops are in an incoming attack, even when they are minutes away?  While the mechanic can be useful (since people don't know if an attack is real or fake), its also one of the more illogical mechanics in the game.  

The removal of the food limit makes little sense.  The original announcement tried to make it fit into the fantasy medieval setting by saying our wizards can now turn rocks into bread.  Considering the massive armies some folk have, their castles must float above massive pits that reach to the very core of this fantasy world and expand outwards at an ever increasing rate as every scrap of matter is converted to food by those poor overworked wizards.

Hello.

> Why is it that you cannot see what troops are in an incoming attack, even when they are minutes away?

Notifying a player about the upcoming attack is already an advantage. 

I was talking about the lack of logic.  Its odd that in this fantasy world, our sentries are unable to tell the difference between a single pathfinder and an army of over 30k dragons, even when they are only seconds away.  In real life, if sentries were that incompetent, they'd be fired.

Knowing an attack is coming isn't that big of an advantage, in fact, attackers can exploit it to their advantage.  This game favors offense units and attackers so much it isn't even funny.

I don't see any lack of logic here. Even in real life not always you can know the actual amount of attack that is going to you. Even more, attackers are doing everything possible to hide the actual number of their troops and disorient defenders in this way.

What is the interest of Battle when you know how many Units is going to attack you? If you don't want to fight, just hide your Units in Catacomb and that's it.

Definitely agree with CM here.
Nov 6, 2017, 15:5611/06/17
07/25/15
Alina Phoenix said:

No one really asking for a clear view of WHAT that is attacking you, but there is a difference between a bird in the sky and 1000 dragons. When your log fills up wth dozens and dozens of attacks that contain 1 pike or similar each...That sure bring out the good fights right? People baiting to bring out def to throw fireballs, The great strategy of your game.
Nov 6, 2017, 18:2811/06/17
Nov 7, 2017, 08:53(edited)
07/25/15
Taylor said:

This post was removed due to breaking the Forum rules. 

There is no secret from start this is a PAY TO WIN game. Any leagues out there with big bought hammers is equaly to blame if going by your standard, but the primary to blame is Plarium with this p2w model. 
Nov 7, 2017, 09:0411/07/17
02/29/16

Gadheras said:

Alina Phoenix said:

No one really asking for a clear view of WHAT that is attacking you, but there is a difference between a bird in the sky and 1000 dragons. When your log fills up wth dozens and dozens of attacks that contain 1 pike or similar each...That sure bring out the good fights right? People baiting to bring out def to throw fireballs, The great strategy of your game.

Hello.

Yes, there is a difference between a bird in the sky and 1000 dragons. And it's the logic of the war game for the attacker to hide this information and for the defender to decide whether he will fight or hide the Units to Catacombs.

That's why we won't make this information available.

Nov 7, 2017, 09:3111/07/17
04/19/15
Alina Phoenix said:

Gadheras said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello.

Yes, there is a difference between a bird in the sky and 1000 dragons. And it's the logic of the war game for the attacker to hide this information and for the defender to decide whether he will fight or hide the Units to Catacombs.

The problem is its not just 1000 dragons its 30 or 40 thousand dragons and defense take much longer to build so there is no point in defending in this game anymore.
Nov 7, 2017, 10:3911/07/17
03/01/15

Alina Phoenix said:

Gadheras said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello.

There is a difference between the ATTACKER going to great lengths to hide what he/she is sending and the game doing it for them automatically.  Compared to real life, the amount of camouflage the game bestows on attackers is illogical to the point of comedy.  I'm not demanding the mechanic be changed, I'm just pointing out that it makes no sense.  

You ask what the interest is for the defender when they know what  is coming. I throw that question back to you.  What interest should defenders have in this game when the mechanics are slanted so drastically to favor offense?  

Nov 8, 2017, 08:5211/08/17
02/29/16

Red said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Gadheras said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello.

There is a difference between the ATTACKER going to great lengths to hide what he/she is sending and the game doing it for them automatically.  Compared to real life, the amount of camouflage the game bestows on attackers is illogical to the point of comedy.  I'm not demanding the mechanic be changed, I'm just pointing out that it makes no sense.  

You ask what the interest is for the defender when they know what  is coming. I throw that question back to you.  What interest should defenders have in this game when the mechanics are slanted so drastically to favor offense?  

It's not the case when the mechanics are slanted in the favor either of offense or defense.

I still think it's absolutely logical that the defenders don't see how many Units the attacker sent to their Castle and showing the information the attack is coming is an advantage for defenders already. It gives them a chance either to go to Catacombs or fight. 

Showing the number of Units that is coming will destroy the logic of the fight itself. For example, you see that your Castle will be attacked. Okay, you clicked on the Icon and saw all the number of Units that is coming, you just set enough def in your Castle and that's it. If I was an attacker, I won't attack at all as I know that you'll see me off, put enough def and just kill all my Units. That's all. 

So, this feature won't be added to the game.

Nov 8, 2017, 09:5011/08/17
03/01/15

Alina Phoenix said:

It's not the case when the mechanics are slanted in the favor either of offense or defense.

I still think it's absolutely logical that the defenders don't see how many Units the attacker sent to their Castle and showing the information the attack is coming is an advantage for defenders already. It gives them a chance either to go to Catacombs or fight. 

Showing the number of Units that is coming will destroy the logic of the fight itself. For example, you see that your Castle will be attacked. Okay, you clicked on the Icon and saw all the number of Units that is coming, you just set enough def in your Castle and that's it. If I was an attacker, I won't attack at all as I know that you'll see me off, put enough def and just kill all my Units. That's all. 

You didn't read what I said.  I said I was not asking for the mechanic to be changed, merely pointing out that compared to real life, its illogical.  As far as the game goes, the mechanic forces defenders to gamble and Plarium rakes in the cash when they guess wrong (or when they buy an item to protect against the attack).

The scenario you mention makes me wonder if you play the game.  Attackers can teleport, boost, spy, use fireballs, use test attacks, cancel attacks at the last minute, observe the target to figure out when they're active in the game, etc.  Its pretty rare to see a fire and forget style attack that isn't fake.  Most of the real attacks I see are either timed to catch the person offline or happen very quickly (so even if defender is online, they have no time to react).  Attackers also have the huge advantage of getting to pick when to attack, how much to send, and how fast to send it.

Also, what defender would put out just enough to stop the attack?  To minimize losses (and maximize the attacker's losses), it would make more sense to put out overwhelming force (if you have it) and to wait until close to the last minute to defend to reduce the odds of losing a lot of defenders to fireballs.

You say the mechanics are not biased to favor offense?  I'd disagree.  Look at the cost per force gained.  It takes longer and costs more to make defense than offense (for equal amounts of force).  Also, look at the design of Hamlets.  That was massively set up to favor the attacker.  Attackers can literally fire and forget with full confidence that they will not have to recall the units and the units will be safely tucked into their cata on return, no effort required from player.  At least beacons force the attacker to be present to pull their offense out (or risk having it get smashed).

Nov 8, 2017, 10:2911/08/17
07/25/15

Red said:

Alina Phoenix said:

You didn't read what I said.  I said I was not asking for the mechanic to be changed, merely pointing out that compared to real life, its illogical.  As far as the game goes, the mechanic forces defenders to gamble and Plarium rakes in the cash when they guess wrong (or when they buy an item to protect against the attack).

The scenario you mention makes me wonder if you play the game.  Attackers can teleport, boost, spy, use fireballs, use test attacks, cancel attacks at the last minute, observe the target to figure out when they're active in the game, etc.  Its pretty rare to see a fire and forget style attack that isn't fake.  Most of the real attacks I see are either timed to catch the person offline or happen very quickly (so even if defender is online, they have no time to react).  Attackers also have the huge advantage of getting to pick when to attack, how much to send, and how fast to send it.

Also, what defender would put out just enough to stop the attack?  To minimize losses (and maximize the attacker's losses), it would make more sense to put out overwhelming force (if you have it) and to wait until close to the last minute to defend to reduce the odds of losing a lot of defenders to fireballs.

You say the mechanics are not biased to favor offense?  I'd disagree.  Look at the cost per force gained.  It takes longer and costs more to make defense than offense (for equal amounts of force).  Also, look at the design of Hamlets.  That was massively set up to favor the attacker.  Attackers can literally fire and forget with full confidence that they will not have to recall the units and the units will be safely tucked into their cata on return, no effort required from player.  At least beacons force the attacker to be present to pull their offense out (or risk having it get smashed).

Save your breath, they don't play the game at the same level as the rest of us. They got their own comfy server to play on that isn't riddled with all the crap we have to deal with every day. They distanced themselves so far from their playerbase they don't know how to relate at all. 

You can say one thing and they go "no you cant have that" and wasn't even what was asked for. 

This could been as simple as send out spies to scout incoming. And you could get a simple feedback as. 

There is a small raid party

There is a sizeable force.

There is a overwhelming force.

etc etc...  Just something that give the defender at least one hint about what is coming, if its worth defend vs or just hide in catas. Players is not that incliend to defend vs incoming attacks because of this unknown factor. 

1 pikeman that just before it arrives have few fireballs in tow.... that is GREAT pvp in the eyes of plarium because oh they spend on fireballs. 

I can't even be arsed to build any def units atm, because other than what is scattered around fort and beacons, its not just worth it. 

You can launch an attack at majority of the players in the game, and boost and land almost instant, and hardly anyone got defence out in the open. Of course it get followed by angry mails about they havent done anything to you, and  you should attack inactive castles for resources... GREAT!

Nov 10, 2017, 09:1211/10/17
02/29/16

Gadheras said:

Red said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Save your breath, they don't play the game at the same level as the rest of us. They got their own comfy server to play on that isn't riddled with all the crap we have to deal with every day. They distanced themselves so far from their playerbase they don't know how to relate at all. 

You can say one thing and they go "no you cant have that" and wasn't even what was asked for. 

This could been as simple as send out spies to scout incoming. And you could get a simple feedback as. 

There is a small raid party

There is a sizeable force.

There is a overwhelming force.

etc etc...  Just something that give the defender at least one hint about what is coming, if its worth defend vs or just hide in catas. Players is not that incliend to defend vs incoming attacks because of this unknown factor. 

1 pikeman that just before it arrives have few fireballs in tow.... that is GREAT pvp in the eyes of plarium because oh they spend on fireballs. 

I can't even be arsed to build any def units atm, because other than what is scattered around fort and beacons, its not just worth it. 

You can launch an attack at majority of the players in the game, and boost and land almost instant, and hardly anyone got defence out in the open. Of course it get followed by angry mails about they havent done anything to you, and  you should attack inactive castles for resources... GREAT!

Hello.

I agree that in some cases you can have better knowledge of what is going on on the server where you play as you're active players there and deal with it every day. But I understand what your concerns are as no matter where I'm playing on the test server or not, the conditions for building defense Units or holding a Beacon are the same.

Next week we'll have a meeting with the developers where all players suggestions and concerns will be discussed.

I'm going to inform them about all feedback I gathered on Forum about Beacons, Hamlets, Defense/Offense balance, Fireballs and many other suggestions given by you for the game improvement.

So, you can be sure that your feedback will be forwarded and addressed.
Nov 10, 2017, 10:1911/10/17
07/25/15

Could we please get a transcript of that meeting? :p

Nov 10, 2017, 10:2211/10/17
04/12/16
DoomieUK said:

Hello All,

I am aiming my point of view at PLARIUM game developers.

I have been informed that BEACON's will become just level 1s and only those with MASSIVE defence will hold a level 5 beacon.

Obviously this is not good for ALL the other leagues that do not have MASSIVE defence.

So in my eyes the BEACON's will become like HAMLET's a pointless part of the game.

I therefore ask the developers to rethink how BEACON's can be a BIG part of the game once again.

Over to you PLARIUM developers and make your owners happy in resolving this issue

DoomieUK

Haahah Doomie UK, your league did get like 30m points in the beacon massacre and you complain about all Beacons being level1. Hammers need to bee less PVP gready and the BIG leagues need to gang up on those leagues who get to gready instead of being chickens. It is the players who let this happen and we can stop it just as easy.
Nov 10, 2017, 18:1211/10/17
12/18/14
tissetass said:

DoomieUK said:

Hello All,

I am aiming my point of view at PLARIUM game developers.

I have been informed that BEACON's will become just level 1s and only those with MASSIVE defence will hold a level 5 beacon.

Obviously this is not good for ALL the other leagues that do not have MASSIVE defence.

So in my eyes the BEACON's will become like HAMLET's a pointless part of the game.

I therefore ask the developers to rethink how BEACON's can be a BIG part of the game once again.

Over to you PLARIUM developers and make your owners happy in resolving this issue

DoomieUK

Haahah Doomie UK, your league did get like 30m points in the beacon massacre and you complain about all Beacons being level1. Hammers need to bee less PVP gready and the BIG leagues need to gang up on those leagues who get to gready instead of being chickens. It is the players who let this happen and we can stop it just as easy.
You do know that KT does not have a history of hammering beacons just for the sake of PVP - THAT was started by Emps & why should everyone else not play the same game Emps started to play?
Nov 10, 2017, 20:0711/10/17
08/03/14
Alina Phoenix said:

Hello.

I agree that in some cases you can have better knowledge of what is going on on the server where you play as you're active players there and deal with it every day. But I understand what your concerns are as no matter where I'm playing on the test server or not, the conditions for building defense Units or holding a Beacon are the same.

so you have hammers on the test server of 3 billion? who have the intention of not letting anyone else hold a beacon?
Nov 10, 2017, 20:3611/10/17
08/03/14
level 25.  I doubt these guys have 3 billion offensive hammers roaming about. 

BiohazarDModerator
Nov 10, 2017, 23:0211/10/17
10/04/13
IronApex Turok said:

Well if they're admins they might be able to just press a button and give themselves a million dragons :P
Nov 11, 2017, 01:2811/11/17
08/03/14
BiohazarD said:

IronApex Turok said:

Well if they're admins they might be able to just press a button and give themselves a million dragons :P
and how does that compare to what actually happens in game? 
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.