This topic is closed

MAJOR ACCOUNT HACKED

133 Replies
Concurer
22 September, 2017, 6:27 PM UTC

Oracle said:

Frenzie got her account back

I run all checks, particularly word construction checks and verified that the person I was communicating with was indeed Frenzie( it took me a while to gather this info)

Frenzie managed to get her account back. And is using it. 

What is left now is for the hacker to return the marshal position back. 

Players who got kicked out in the process of the hacks can now re-join Emperors.  Entry by mail has been temporarily turned off. We are not sure what these people are after. 

So forum communique should be kept to minimum.

So to ''ex'' re-join Emperors. and initiate operation takeback. 

This was a huge blow to the server. Unacceptable....

Even with a rollback It's still player stat compromise for players with a rogue player (from a rival league) placed in as a Marshal to see all stats etc. .. .

I would certainly hope that other actions are being taken.  Those that did this should not be able to log into game. 

If they are allowed to remain in game. ..what...so now those players that did this have the stat details etc. "get to just remain in game" and log in and share all info obtained with whomever? (they certainly didn't pay the sapphires for the privilege of being Marshal correct nor were they appointed but rather via malicious means)?  I think player ban's are quite warranted in this scenario.   We aren't talking about alt's that befriended their way to a top rank for stats here. Unacceptable if they are able to remain in game. 

Picture this ....you are in a league and while you are offline someone hacks your league Marshall's account. You log in... you see you've been kicked from the league.. you see all of your friends (people you play and talk with everyday) were kicked from the league. You're good friend the Marshal (hoping for all the absolute best for you Frenzie btw ) has been demoted and many troops destroyed. You can't really just rejoin the league because you now have a (rouge account "not one of your members") sitting in the Marshal seat. Now they see all stats and goodies of your account....joy. ....

On one hand...that's an injustice for you to right.... as a player (and all of your friends). You've done nothing only to log on and find.  ....You were kicked from a league (and now have to wait your seven days ...stats compromised....etc etc. )  

On the other hand...now imagine you weren't kicked from the league but instead lost much defense (and now have some rouge player "of a rival league" now knowing all of your stats because of this malicious act.  

...Are any of these scenarios fair to you as a player. 

(you'd want Plarium to do something about it right) so how is the aforementioned scenario any different (...what because it's not you, but rather...a rival? that makes this ok...? I think not....)

I for one believe that "all" troops should be returned. 

....Imagine this happens to you and your league. ....you'd cry foul and want troops returned due to due unfair (I call it illegal) "gameplay" .  

This was cowardice and not a way to "get ahead" in gameplay. All it really does is derogate an already somewhat dying game (all the more reason to not play this game many would say)...but it just proves that the players that did this have no real ability to play this game at a level that would rival the players and league(s) these players felt it necessary to do this to.  

They should not be able to log in.... If they can't play (at a level to compete) and have to resort to this to (supposedly "win") then why should they be on the game server? They retain compromised info such as stats etc. they should go.

...once again I ask all players.. imagine... you log in and find this has happened to your league. ....

If actions aren't taken to fix this, (to include account bans) it simply means this can happen to any league at any time. 

Making it truly an absolute mute point for any of us to even "play" (thus taking away "money" from Plarium.... )

For those suggesting that troops not be returned.....are you all so willing to accept that ?????

As for those saying win at all costs... I suppose that every person saying this are (they themselves) willing to forego getting any troops back if this ever were to happen to them. I can know better...they'd be screaming for troops back and how unfair ...etc. etc. so I don't believe "any player" would just "accept" win at all costs if it happened to them (and they themselve's or "their" marshal were hacked).....just sayin'.

This is in not a "win" simply a loss for the server and those players that did this are losers. (cheating is not winning ...it's cheating). It's the age ole sayin' cheaters never win. Nobody will respect the players involved and as such will not make for very good recruiters or "competitors" in the game. 

UTC +0:00
Oracle
22 September, 2017, 6:29 PM UTC
Skycooldude said:
awaiting my mail from you :)
KoK and other league will be polled last. But not by me. I will however do whatever possible to ensure that our game is safe from hackers like master. 
Biohazard has killed the forum.
UTC +2:00
djmoody
22 September, 2017, 6:32 PM UTC

Oracle said:

KoK is yet to be polled.

As are all of the rest of the leagues in the game.....

In other news just in.

The majority of rank and file members in the game have voted for their to be no compensation or roll back. They insist the rule be applied to major coiners in the same way that they would be applied to them.

All the people who received Ulritch Blades since this event have voted for there to be no server roll back.

Plarium staff have voted for there to be no roll-back, citing the amount of unpaid over time that would be involved in a roll back. They will strike if a roll back is requested.

See what I did there - so easy just to make stuff up isn't. The level of your debating is a joke.

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
zapelo
22 September, 2017, 6:33 PM UTC

Concurer said:

Oracle said:

Frenzie got her account back

I run all checks, particularly word construction checks and verified that the person I was communicating with was indeed Frenzie( it took me a while to gather this info)

Frenzie managed to get her account back. And is using it. 

What is left now is for the hacker to return the marshal position back. 

Players who got kicked out in the process of the hacks can now re-join Emperors.  Entry by mail has been temporarily turned off. We are not sure what these people are after. 

So forum communique should be kept to minimum.

So to ''ex'' re-join Emperors. and initiate operation takeback. 

This was a huge blow to the server. Unacceptable....

Even with a rollback It's still player stat compromise for players with a rogue player (from a rival league) placed in as a Marshal to see all stats etc. .. .

I would certainly hope that other actions are being taken.  Those that did this should not be able to log into game. 

If they are allowed to remain in game. ..what...so now those players that did this have the stat details etc. "get to just remain in game" and log in and share all info obtained with whomever? (they certainly didn't pay the sapphires for the privilege of being Marshal correct nor were they appointed but rather via malicious means)?  I think player ban's are quite warranted in this scenario.   We aren't talking about alt's that befriended their way to a top rank for stats here. Unacceptable if they are able to remain in game. 

Picture this ....you are in a league and while you are offline someone hacks your league Marshall's account. You log in... you see you've been kicked from the league.. you see all of your friends (people you play and talk with everyday) were kicked from the league. You're good friend the Marshal (hoping for all the absolute best for you Frenzie btw ) has been demoted and many troops destroyed. You can't really just rejoin the league because you now have a (rouge account "not one of your members") sitting in the Marshal seat. Now they see all stats and goodies of your account....joy. ....

On one hand...that's an injustice for you to right.... as a player (and all of your friends). You've done nothing only to log on and find.  ....You were kicked from a league (and now have to wait your seven days ...stats compromised....etc etc. )  

On the other hand...now imagine you weren't kicked from the league but instead lost much defense (and now have some rouge player "of a rival league" now knowing all of your stats because of this malicious act.  

...Are any of these scenarios fair to you as a player. 

(you'd want Plarium to do something about it right) so how is the aforementioned scenario any different (...what because it's not you, but rather...a rival? that makes this ok...? I think not....)

I for one believe that "all" troops should be returned. 

....Imagine this happens to you and your league. ....you'd cry foul and want troops returned due to due unfair (I call it illegal) "gameplay" .  

This was cowardice and not a way to "get ahead" in gameplay. All it really does is derogate an already somewhat dying game (all the more reason to not play this game many would say)...but it just proves that the players that did this have no real ability to play this game at a level that would rival the players and league(s) these players felt it necessary to do this to.  

They should not be able to log in.... If they can't play (at a level to compete) and have to resort to this to (supposedly "win") then why should they be on the game server? They retain compromised info such as stats etc. they should go.

...once again I ask all players.. imagine... you log in and find this has happened to your league. ....

If actions aren't taken to fix this, (to include account bans) it simply means this can happen to any league at any time. 

Making it truly an absolute mute point for any of us to even "play" (thus taking away "money" from Plarium.... )

For those suggesting that troops not be returned.....are you all so willing to accept that ?????

As for those saying win at all costs... I suppose that every person saying this are (they themselves) willing to forego getting any troops back if this ever were to happen to them. I can know better...they'd be screaming for troops back and how unfair ...etc. etc. so I don't believe "any player" would just "accept" win at all costs if it happened to them (and they themselve's or "their" marshal were hacked).....just sayin'.

This is in not a "win" simply a loss for the server and those players that did this are losers. (cheating is not winning ...it's cheating). It's the age ole sayin' cheaters never win. Nobody will respect the players involved and as such will not make for very good recruiters or "competitors" in the game. 

People stating that the server is broken..... lol

I have not noticed that the server has any problems.

It is just someone not literate in their own cyber security making a huge mistake. I would suggest revising security on other online accounts "online banking and stuff that really matters to frenzie.
zapelo
22 September, 2017, 6:35 PM UTC
This whole situation reminds me of a lady getting her first credit card making photos of both sides of it and publishing those photos online for everyone to see.
Oracle
22 September, 2017, 6:44 PM UTC

Courtesy refers to an act of civility or elegance of manner. It is a combination of politeness with kindness manifested in the behaviour to others.

It adorns the individual with charm, appeal, affability and kindliness. It makes a person amiable, soft in speech, polite and considerate towards others and helps one be calm, serene and poised. It maintains its decorum in the face of rudeness.

It does not return evil for evil. It does not harbour any resentment but rather builds up interpersonal relation. It makes a person to be gentle avoiding anger, bitterness and annoyance.

KoK will be polled, like every other league. but last, i am still to deal with KT and other leagues. Although there is no necessity, all leagues I contacted have all agreed d to these. ''To make a game a better place they're willing to cooperate with Plarium in whatever way plarium see fit to solve these situations. 

Biohazard has killed the forum.
Skycooldude
22 September, 2017, 6:59 PM UTC

Oracle said:

Courtesy refers to an act of civility or elegance of manner. It is a combination of politeness with kindness manifested in the behaviour to others.

It adorns the individual with charm, appeal, affability and kindliness. It makes a person amiable, soft in speech, polite and considerate towards others and helps one be calm, serene and poised. It maintains its decorum in the face of rudeness.

It does not return evil for evil. It does not harbour any resentment but rather builds up interpersonal relation. It makes a person to be gentle avoiding anger, bitterness and annoyance.

KoK will be polled, like every other league. but last, i am still to deal with KT and other leagues. Although there is no necessity, all leagues I contacted have all agreed d to these. ''To make a game a better place they're willing to cooperate with Plarium in whatever way plarium see fit to solve these situations. 

.. you do understand that there is no way to do anything else but to: "''To make a game a better place they're willing to cooperate with Plarium in whatever way plarium see fit to solve these situation"

While we can ask Plarium to do things... if we don't like what Plarium does... not really much that can be done... except for a boycott (which is virtually impossible in games like these and usually accomplish nothing).

All the community can do at this point is to wait PATIENTLY.. for Plarium to do the internal things that they need to do and reach their conclusion with all the facts.

djmoody
22 September, 2017, 7:21 PM UTC

Oracle said:

Well if you would do us the courtesy of not pretending that you runs things round here that would be a nice start......

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
tissetass
22 September, 2017, 7:55 PM UTC
And while all this is going on Rebels are still continuing to downgrade the fortress, just show what kind of players they are, it is beyond silly.
Jezebel
22 September, 2017, 8:04 PM UTC

Marcel Stokvis said:

Jezebel said:

Trentos said:

Yeah for you Gaderas, this might be normal. That's the difference between you and me. 

As for Jezebel, all know an act like this would be something you'd want in on. I don't have to defend myself. People all over the server are questioning how you were involved. Your posts trying to justify this low act are farked up to say the least

I wanted in on softening Emps Fortress - so what does that mean?  Emps hit my former league and my current league so big deal

Everyone knows Emps intended mass destruction on the server after the last of their beacons went down so the next viable move would be to take down their fortress ... do I have past interaction with Emps which would give me a reason to have my league sacrifice 500 mil offense to soften that fortress?

again anything else that may or may not have transpired I have no knowledge of so keep questioning - if someone broke rules and TOS Emps and Unforgivens are the last leagues that should be accusing anyone 

retaliating for hits on leagues I have been in is a low act?  I would say I have as much reason as anyone to hit Emps .... so I did 

You didnt question the timing?
You didnt question the leadershipchange, the massive drop in members from emps?
Are you really this stupid Jez?

You helped and participated with a cheat, a hack, a criminal offence ....

The only words that should be coming out of your mouth are "I am sorry!"

You are ridiculous I hit emps with TROOPS - and I am supposed to apologize for that?

fact - Frenzie shared her information nuff said its her fault so those of you who believe she was hacked without fault continue to believe the lie

the fall of Emps fort was her fault for trusting other people with her log ins - fyi I have never had her log in details
Tychi
22 September, 2017, 8:18 PM UTC
Marcel Stokvis said:

Jezebel said:

Trentos said:

Yeah for you Gaderas, this might be normal. That's the difference between you and me. 

As for Jezebel, all know an act like this would be something you'd want in on. I don't have to defend myself. People all over the server are questioning how you were involved. Your posts trying to justify this low act are farked up to say the least

I wanted in on softening Emps Fortress - so what does that mean?  Emps hit my former league and my current league so big deal

Everyone knows Emps intended mass destruction on the server after the last of their beacons went down so the next viable move would be to take down their fortress ... do I have past interaction with Emps which would give me a reason to have my league sacrifice 500 mil offense to soften that fortress?

again anything else that may or may not have transpired I have no knowledge of so keep questioning - if someone broke rules and TOS Emps and Unforgivens are the last leagues that should be accusing anyone 

retaliating for hits on leagues I have been in is a low act?  I would say I have as much reason as anyone to hit Emps .... so I did 

You didnt question the timing?
You didnt question the leadershipchange, the massive drop in members from emps?
Are you really this stupid Jez?

You helped and participated with a cheat, a hack, a criminal offence ....

The only words that should be coming out of your mouth are "I am sorry!"

Shut up DV. Ofc be every attack you have ever done you have gone to the league page to check everything is hunky dory and all is ok to send troops?.. BS!!! you see the opening and you hit. Don't make out Jez knows the Hacker you idiot. For all we know it was you! 
ACHILLES
22 September, 2017, 11:09 PM UTC
Ahh, yes. Devlin. If you read your own post, you will see what everyone else sees. Garbage. Still waiting for, who was it? I can never remember idiots names... Oh well, the guy that I first responded to in this forum. Still waiting for her/her response. Hahaha
Red
23 September, 2017, 12:47 AM UTC

I find it an interesting coincidence that shortly after Frenzie was brought into the VIP program her account was hacked.  It may just be a coincidence, but I do know that VIP reps are able to log a player's account.  Since a Plarium rep did state on this thread that Frenzie's account was hacked, I can't help but wonder if it was an inside job.  

Eventually, Plarium will sort it all out and either things will be restored or they won't.  I'm hoping for a certain amount of transparency from Plarium on the issue because a player's account being legitimately hacked is a major security issue and does call to question the security of other players' accounts.

In the mean time, all these accusations flying around are baseless; no proof of who did it has been publicly disclosed.  Did players benefit from this?  Of course.  Does that mean they were in on it?  Not necessarily.  This is a war game, and as others have stated, the meta game can get really nasty.  It is entirely possible that those who took advantage saw what looked like a major league falling out and seized the opportunity to hurt us.  Its also possible that whoever did hack the account spread word that we'd be weakened and when, but gave no details.  How are they to know its not just hot intel from a spy?  If they were involved, then I hope Plarium punishes them for it.  If they weren't, then they're just players enjoying the game and seizing the opportunity to hurt a rival.

BiohazarD
23 September, 2017, 12:47 AM UTC

This thread has been forwarded to Plarium, and is closed until the incident can be investigated.  

Please remember, do not share your account login information with anyone, and do not buy sell or trade accounts.  Also, avoid accessing suspicious links sent to you by other players, as these may be attempts to steal your login information or install other malware on your computer. 
Any opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily represent the opinions of or constitute official statements by Plarium.
1783503 users registered; 48661 topic; 288260 posts; our newest member:Castle 11162372