All Categories

Battleground levels at reset.

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Aug 7, 2017, 16:2308/07/17
03/24/17

I'm hoping some of the experienced players have some suggestions on this.  This is specifically in sever 2, I've a player in my league that is having issues with how his battlegrounds reset.  Highest level he has hit is 42.  This issue has been progressively getting worse, in his view.   For the past month or so his battlegrounds keep resetting at higher levels.   At first they would begin at level 20 and go up and now  they are starting at level 30.   So all 60 of his new battlegrounds run from 30 to 42.

He has reported this to support more than once and been told simply to be patient they will eventually right themselves.  So he's frustrated to say the least as he's only able to clear at best 4 or 5 battlegrounds a day and feels he is missing out on experience and wisdom points as well as possible rewards in the contests. 

I'm not sure how much exp and wisdom he is actually missing on this as you do get much higher rewards at the higher levels but it's his perception that it's holding back his advancement. 

What I'm wondering is if it's possible to manipulate them via game play.  Anyone else have this type of issue at all?

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 7, 2017, 17:4108/07/17
12/18/14

I am not totally sure about this issue but he should still gain as much experience and wisdom from clearing the fewer higher level bg as he would clearing more lower level bg

but tell him NOT to use a "Battleground Hunt" otherwise he will have to clear more in order to get new ones at reset and he may not get the levels he is looking for 

he could take a break and build for a couple weeks in order to clear more of the higher level ones
Aug 7, 2017, 21:3408/07/17
Aug 7, 2017, 21:40(edited)
12/13/14

Clashfan said:

I'm hoping some of the experienced players have some suggestions on this.  This is specifically in sever 2, I've a player in my league that is having issues with how his battlegrounds reset.  Highest level he has hit is 42.  This issue has been progressively getting worse, in his view.   For the past month or so his battlegrounds keep resetting at higher levels.   At first they would begin at level 20 and go up and now  they are starting at level 30.   So all 60 of his new battlegrounds run from 30 to 42.

He has reported this to support more than once and been told simply to be patient they will eventually right themselves.  So he's frustrated to say the least as he's only able to clear at best 4 or 5 battlegrounds a day and feels he is missing out on experience and wisdom points as well as possible rewards in the contests. 

I'm not sure how much exp and wisdom he is actually missing on this as you do get much higher rewards at the higher levels but it's his perception that it's holding back his advancement. 

What I'm wondering is if it's possible to manipulate them via game play.  Anyone else have this type of issue at all?

As i have said before, the algorithm is broken
Obviously, this should never happen if your highest bg is only at level 42 but many players have this problem with uber-levels
Tell him to keep building Infantry and Cavalry and only hit bg during tournaments
All he is losing is Infantry and Cavalry equipment for the Hero Avatar

but this was the official response

"Hello.

The algorithm is not broken. For now, the BGs are given based on the Level of the highest BG you have.

But in the near future, devs are planning to change the algorithm so that players could receive high, middle and low level BGs. "

Aug 8, 2017, 07:4708/08/17
10/31/14

These shouldn't happen, especially if your highest BG is level 42. 

The probable cause could be that the player was playing consistently lower level, forcing him to receive higher level BG, while he clears lower level ones. By repeating these procedure over a period of months, the player actively drove his BG to higher levels.

The only solution is for him to clear his BG. As As Snowgoon  said, he should build infantry and cavalry. Depending on when he wants to clear his BG, HE should either build 

If he want to clear it quickly

Archers+Pikemen=  build around 5 000 Archers+10 000 pikes Bank 3 600 000
Knight+Nomad= 1 000 Knight + 1 500 Nomad                          Bank 4 806 000

Total  8 406 000

If he have time,he could build resource heavy units. Approximately Pathfinder + Reavers

I suggest that he build archers and pikes, nomad and knight. The league could help him in doing his personal quest, and he could use those boosts he receive to boost his units production. If the league help him, and he put an effort he should be done building by next week.
Aug 8, 2017, 12:5908/08/17
Aug 8, 2017, 14:07(edited)
11/04/15

Oracle said:

These shouldn't happen, especially if your highest BG is level 42. 

The probable cause could be that the player was playing consistently lower level, forcing him to receive higher level BG

I totally disagree

Why would hitting low level bg force him to receive higher levels?

If I hit red bg I always get red bg as replacement

Therefore, If I hit low level bg then I should always get low level as replacement

50% of our bg are red and 50% are green

33.3% should be low level, 33.3% mid level and 33.3% should be high level

This should be obvious to all, even the Q&A team should understand this simple fact but dont hold your breath

The Q&A team are constantly testing battlegrounds?

The Q&A team missed the fact that Balur units were using our Fortress Knowledge Bonuses for over a year, even tho there were many complaints

"Working as Intended"???? Dont make me laugh

Why did they not notice that red/green bg gave different tournament points? It took them a year to acknowledge this, and all they did was raise orc strength from 20 to 30 which did not fix the problem (compare Battleground Rankings for details)

Aug 8, 2017, 13:3908/08/17
10/31/14

toggit said:

I totally disagree

Why would hitting low level bg force him to receive higher levels?

If I hit red bg I always get red bg as replacement

Therefore, If I hit low level bg then I should always get low level as replacement

50% of our bg are red and 50% are green

33.3% should be low level, 33.3% mid level and 33.3% should be high level

This should be obvious to all, even the Q&A team should understand this simple fact but dont hold your breath

You're right 60% of the time that is what happens, IF you clear all your BG you receive 33% low level 33.3% middle level and 33.3%. 

Sometimes if you clear 6 BG these condition apply. So over time if you keep clearing 10 BG of say ,bellow level 20 you while your highest is 42. These will apply, until one day you don't receive any BG below level 20. It should not happen and it will be fixed.
Aug 8, 2017, 18:1808/08/17
03/24/17

Thanks for the responses everyone.  It's helps to know that there are issues and thanks for the advice on how to do some workarounds.

BiohazarDModerator
Aug 10, 2017, 10:2708/10/17
10/04/13

Clashfan said:

He wouldn't actually get any more points from doing the lower level bgs.  He'd be able to kill more bgs but get fewer of them since they're lower level. 

The bgs spawn randomly between level 1 and your top level.  So if you want to keep doing low level bgs don't hit your top level one, because every time you hit it you get a new top one level higher. 

Aug 18, 2017, 23:0708/18/17
03/24/17
Jezebel said:

but tell him NOT to use a "Battleground Hunt" otherwise he will have to clear more in order to get new ones at reset and he may not get the levels he is looking for 

This seems to be in fact exactly what caused the issue.  Sorry the player just now mentioned it to me in passing.  First once you request the extra battlegrounds do you have the increase forever?  How many battlegrounds overall should he clear to hope for a reset.  He is getting 75 daily and is only clearing the lowest 4 to 5 of them.
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.