All Categories

PvP suggestion

PvP suggestion

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Jun 22, 2017, 13:2506/22/17
10/31/14

These conversation reminds me the time when someone said I am left wing, and tried to explain what that means. I still didn't get it. Sometimes is best to accept something than try to understand it. 

The game he mentions is a hand game of sort. You will see it among tourist in a movie when they decide which lion to poach. Or when American want to decide something sinister in a movie like which base to nuke. I only see it in movies. 

Lord Nobody has applied that game to our game. But instead of hands gestures unit type will be used instead. He explained how these arena game will work above

Jun 22, 2017, 13:5306/22/17
Jun 22, 2017, 13:58(edited)
12/13/14

sison said:

As we all know pvp is dying

if you are looking for target it has been really hard to find one

Do you have the same problem about pvp

I would like you to elaborate

What you mean is 'easy' target?

PvP is dying because defenders have been ignored for too long - it is much easier to hide in catacombs or activate protection spells

Defenders get wiped out and receive much lower rewards, so what is the point of trying to defend?

Firebombs, overwhelming offense and siege mechanics have killed PvP

Let PvP die

Jun 22, 2017, 13:5506/22/17
Snowgoon said:

PvP is dying because defenders have been ignored for too long - it is much easier to hide in catacombs or activate protection spells

Defenders get wiped out and receive much lower rewards, so what is the point of trying to defend?

Let PvP die

haha ok thats an option :)
Jun 22, 2017, 14:0006/22/17
Jun 22, 2017, 14:03(edited)
12/13/14

sison said:

Snowgoon said:

Let PvP die

or restore the BALANCE

p,s, You answered while I was editing, so maybe missed the main points
Jun 22, 2017, 14:0706/22/17
Snowgoon said:

sison said:

Snowgoon said:

Let PvP die

or restore the BALANCE

p,s, You answered while I was editing, so maybe missed the main points
ow yea just saw it,it is tr,uth what you said but its not essential,yea many time coiners destroy the game balance true,it depends of course what enemies you chose,anywa thats a fact about coiner and negative pints during pvp when they hit you
Jun 22, 2017, 14:1206/22/17
Jun 22, 2017, 14:15(edited)
12/13/14

sison said:

ow yea just saw it,it is tr,uth what you said but its not essential,yea many time coiners destroy the game balance true,it depends of course what enemies you chose,anywa thats a fact about coiner and negative pints during pvp when they hit you

We saw exactly the same type of problems when they added Hamlets

It started fine, but then attackers sent massive armies and killed the goose that laid the golden eggs

Only a fool or a coiner will now attempt to defend hamlets

One solution would be to review ALL Force Limits to prevent attacks by mega coiners

Jun 22, 2017, 14:1706/22/17
10/31/14

I think is time we introduce ally attacks. Especially on Hamlets and castles. These feature will balance the game, especially in the untamed land. 

Up to forty allies attacking a Hamlet, or joining together in defense of Hamlet. Or jointly attacking a castle.

Jun 22, 2017, 14:1706/22/17
Jun 22, 2017, 14:18(edited)

Snowgoon said:

We saw exactly the same type of problems when they added Hamlets

It started fine, but then attackers sent massive armies and killed the goose that laid the golden eggs

Only a fool or a coiner will now attempt to defend hamlets

One solution would be to review Force Limits to prevent attacks by mega coiners

right ,i did that mistake sometimes so i know what do you mean, on the other hand thats i good way to understand players how pvp works

this is an extrem example but it helps you to avoid something like that,it also teach you that hug force vs small force is wrong tactic to gain pvp

so alhtough i am here for 2 years the last months i noticed that fact of pvp so it is a good lesson for the no coiners like me

we should find players closer to our force that was one of the ideas i would like to pass from this post although i did many thing in a wrong way,anyway i try :)
Jun 22, 2017, 18:1406/22/17
12/13/14

Oracle said:

I think is time we introduce ally attacks. Especially on Hamlets and castles. These feature will balance the game, especially in the untamed land. 

Up to forty allies attacking a Hamlet, or joining together in defense of Hamlet. Or jointly attacking a castle.

That would make the situation worse, not better

3 players can attack a settlement, beacon or fortress .... and we have seen the devastation which follows

Jun 23, 2017, 00:4306/23/17
12/18/14

Beacons have become the main source of PVP for a lot of players - to be honest I hardly do any PVP at all lately because yes its too time consuming to send out a lot of spy missions to find it

Catacombs to level 26 you will not even find builds anymore 
Jun 23, 2017, 09:0706/23/17
10/31/14

Lord Mark said:

https://prnt.sc/fmmpde

My last PVP :)

I always thought that 10-50 K was the most profitable. I guise 50 k is not that bad. 

That is awesome job.  

Jun 23, 2017, 12:5306/23/17
Jun 23, 2017, 13:16(edited)

Jezebel said:

Beacons have become the main source of PVP for a lot of players - to be honest I hardly do any PVP at all lately because yes its too time consuming to send out a lot of spy missions to find it

Catacombs to level 26 you will not even find builds anymore 

unfortunately a pvp game has turned into a massive deffense action or things like that,unfortunately there in no mood to play the players neither orginization to gather the players who want to play in a better way

thanks jez for positng  under my post your opinion always count and is intresting :)
Jun 23, 2017, 12:5606/23/17

Lord Mark said:

https://prnt.sc/fmmpde

My last PVP :)

good example but its not enough to me just a screenshoot ,when you present a pvp report players want all your backround untill you reach there,how did you do that score  and which tournament was this one

next time do it better :)
Jun 23, 2017, 17:1906/23/17
07/11/13

pvp is a gamble for most players who do it offensively..\

IE.. you want to hit a beacon (lvl 1) or a hamlet... but you don't know whats in it and you can't spy it.  It could be 100k D... or 100 mil.. only those who know how to do strength tests properly (very few people) can really figure out if its worth hitting.

Thus.. you could lose 40k O and gain 100k O from rewards.. or lose 40 mil O and gain 100k O from rewards for those who blind hit hamlets/beacons

There are ways of getting pvp efficiently through using offence, but to do it you need to know how to do strength tests.. or have someone willing to read one for you..

and with that.. you need to be careful that they don't shift D quickly to it (I was hitting a 300k fortress... they shifted 150 mil into it and I lost 40 mil O) (very rare though)

with defense.... you have to know who your target is before you defend... since there are 1+ bil players now.. the wrong person hitting and you lose all D..

for those who want to do pvp efficiently.. its best that they start running tests..or join a league that knows how to do it already

Jun 23, 2017, 22:4606/23/17
Jun 23, 2017, 22:50(edited)

Skycooldude said:

IE.. you want to hit a beacon (lvl 1) or a hamlet... but you don't know whats in it and you can't spy it.  It could be 100k D... or 100 mil.. only those who know how to do strength tests properly (very few people) can really figure out if its worth hitting.

Thus.. you could lose 40k O and gain 100k O from rewards.. or lose 40 mil O and gain 100k O from rewards for those who blind hit hamlets/beacons

There are ways of getting pvp efficiently through using offence, but to do it you need to know how to do strength tests.. or have someone willing to read one for you..

and with that.. you need to be careful that they don't shift D quickly to it (I was hitting a 300k fortress... they shifted 150 mil into it and I lost 40 mil O) (very rare though)

with defense.... you have to know who your target is before you defend... since there are 1+ bil players now.. the wrong person hitting and you lose all D..

for those who want to do pvp efficiently.. its best that they start running tests..or join a league that knows how to do it already

great comment,over here you describe a fact anyone should count befor of any pvp action,also if you have some tips about how we can avoid huge losts it would be welcomed,here or in a seperated post,it would be great for the players and me also,the only sure is that big against small force is bad choice if you are the one with the small troop :)

thank you very much for your good comment
Jun 29, 2017, 15:4706/29/17
Jun 29, 2017, 15:48(edited)
12/18/14

sison said:

Skycooldude said:

great comment,over here you describe a fact anyone should count befor of any pvp action,also if you have some tips about how we can avoid huge losts it would be welcomed,here or in a seperated post,it would be great for the players and me also,the only sure is that big against small force is bad choice if you are the one with the small troop :)

thank you very much for your good comment

use what you are willing to lose especially defending - a big mistake players make is going "all in" - be active in your league send trips if you see a spy mission send 150 - 300 k defense you may lose some troops but a reasonable amount and you will cause a bit of damage to the person hitting - be a team player include your members let everyone get some PVP a smaller player welcomes a chance to use a limited amount of troops to get some points 

for offense PVP know your targets - if you are not absolutely sure you can win then send sacrificial fodder units or just DON'T hit at all

you don't always have to WIN to be a winner 

Jun 29, 2017, 18:4806/29/17

Jezebel said:

use what you are willing to lose especially defending - a big mistake players make is going "all in" - be active in your league send trips if you see a spy mission send 150 - 300 k defense you may lose some troops but a reasonable amount and you will cause a bit of damage to the person hitting - be a team player include your members let everyone get some PVP a smaller player welcomes a chance to use a limited amount of troops to get some points 

for offense PVP know your targets - if you are not absolutely sure you can win then send sacrificial fodder units or just DON'T hit at all

you don't always have to WIN to be a winner 

indeed jez,and avoid the big coiners i would add lol

thanks for sharing your personall experience with me and with us
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.