The Five dysfunctions of Leagues

The Five dysfunctions of Leagues

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Jun 14, 2017, 09:5806/14/17
10/31/14

Lady Christina said:

I actually agree with this as well, a league should have trust in each other, and have goals to move forward with, i agree that you shouldn't have to spend money to gain more respect in the league and i encourage all of my members to find other ways to get saphs and work as a team so that we can all get them, we don't have a lot of coiners in our league ,, however we work together for everything, no person in our league is less then the other, each member has a say, and our captains vote together,, when we resolve an issue we give credit to those who deserve,, i also give credit to the league continuously. the one thing i have learned being a marshal for a couple of years is that everyone's ego needs a boost, this encourages members to continue to do things for the league as members love the recognition, and it gives incentive to do more for the league,, as well as helping our lower level players build up faster. and encourages everyone to teach each other the ins and outs of the game with little to no saphs. These servers are getting harder for new leagues to start especially with the big coiners coming in and wiping them out right away, it deters players from even playing the game,, we try to get those players strong and if/when they choose to go open a new league at least they have a small fighting chance, I hate to say this but money players have forgotten what its like to actually play the game, we teach our members how to play so they don't loose that aspect and we have members to play with, because eventually the coiners will kill the game by killing off new members/leagues 

These is a good advice Lady Christina. Trust is the fundamental of a working functioning league. Without trust, the is a guarantee that someday the league will fail. 

There isn't a fodder of limitless players out there, Players are finite, and you must trust each one in your league. 

You also introduced a very important aspect of  earning trust. Credit. Trust must be nurtured once earned, because it can die. And like love, it needs constant reminder that it exist. And the best way of doing it is by giving players credit. 

It might not seem like a big thing, but players crave credit, for the little they do. While I was in my last league the Marshal would stop everyday in chat and thank players for the little they did, For earning 10 points in league PvP, for going extra mile and chatting to a sick player in the league. PM a player and thank him for saying condelences to a player who lost his dog. 

Credit also facilitate competition, and make players become more active. 
BiohazarDModerator
Jun 15, 2017, 23:1206/15/17
10/04/13

Oracle said:

Lady Christina said:

I actually agree with this as well, a league should have trust in each other, and have goals to move forward with, i agree that you shouldn't have to spend money to gain more respect in the league and i encourage all of my members to find other ways to get saphs and work as a team so that we can all get them, we don't have a lot of coiners in our league ,, however we work together for everything, no person in our league is less then the other, each member has a say, and our captains vote together,, when we resolve an issue we give credit to those who deserve,, i also give credit to the league continuously. the one thing i have learned being a marshal for a couple of years is that everyone's ego needs a boost, this encourages members to continue to do things for the league as members love the recognition, and it gives incentive to do more for the league,, as well as helping our lower level players build up faster. and encourages everyone to teach each other the ins and outs of the game with little to no saphs. These servers are getting harder for new leagues to start especially with the big coiners coming in and wiping them out right away, it deters players from even playing the game,, we try to get those players strong and if/when they choose to go open a new league at least they have a small fighting chance, I hate to say this but money players have forgotten what its like to actually play the game, we teach our members how to play so they don't loose that aspect and we have members to play with, because eventually the coiners will kill the game by killing off new members/leagues 

These is a good advice Lady Christina. Trust is the fundamental of a working functioning league. Without trust, the is a guarantee that someday the league will fail. 

There isn't a fodder of limitless players out there, Players are finite, and you must trust each one in your league. 

You also introduced a very important aspect of  earning trust. Credit. Trust must be nurtured once earned, because it can die. And like love, it needs constant reminder that it exist. And the best way of doing it is by giving players credit. 

It might not seem like a big thing, but players crave credit, for the little they do. While I was in my last league the Marshal would stop everyday in chat and thank players for the little they did, For earning 10 points in league PvP, for going extra mile and chatting to a sick player in the league. PM a player and thank him for saying condelences to a player who lost his dog. 

How does one earn 10 points in league pvp?  That's like killing 1 unit, and a fairly low level unit at that. 

I get giving credit when players do something good, but if you congratulate them on doing useless things they'll just keep doing those useless things. 
Jun 18, 2017, 20:4406/18/17
Jun 18, 2017, 20:45(edited)
12/18/14
BiohazarD said:

Oracle said:

Lady Christina said:

How does one earn 10 points in league pvp?  That's like killing 1 unit, and a fairly low level unit at that. 

I get giving credit when players do something good, but if you congratulate them on doing useless things they'll just keep doing those useless things. 
Agree - as a Marshal the leadership needs to lead by example as well - if you want your members out there earning points and helping with achievements you better be putting your troops out there and making the effort to raid and build along with them.  Inactive leadership will surely kill a league - players want to know their leadership is there and active working towards the league's goals.  I tend to send out a mass mail to membership congratulating them on their hard work as a collective when we do well in a tournament.
Jun 19, 2017, 04:1006/19/17
08/03/14

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Maecenas vestibulum erat at dolor aliquet pulvinar. Fusce vitae dui vitae risus consectetur imperdiet. Maecenas non pulvinar neque, at iaculis augue. Nam eget pellentesque lectus. Maecenas vitae odio non lacus facilisis placerat id et purus. Fusce tempor in ante sit amet blandit. Integer eu molestie ex.

Sed felis velit, pretium eu venenatis nec, sollicitudin eget nisl. Phasellus congue posuere tempus. Donec neque massa, laoreet ac mauris nec, gravida placerat magna. Sed id pulvinar dui, ac malesuada dui. Pellentesque id consectetur ipsum. Praesent vel placerat ante. Cras ut malesuada risus, eget molestie velit.

Pellentesque at tortor a augue porttitor porta eget sit amet sem. Nulla nec sem vel velit laoreet tempor eu sit amet sem. Sed et ligula non nisi interdum mollis. Suspendisse dapibus vitae odio et maximus. Suspendisse elementum nisi sit amet risus venenatis mattis. Proin consectetur, magna id fringilla semper, lorem mauris sagittis eros, at luctus tellus massa nec neque. Maecenas elementum vel turpis ultricies luctus. Nunc sit amet diam sagittis, bibendum nisi sit amet, pulvinar nisl.

Maecenas pharetra aliquam nisi, non pharetra tortor efficitur sed. Phasellus sollicitudin pellentesque metus, ut finibus erat consectetur quis. Donec ut congue enim, ut tempus orci. Nulla ex nisl, dignissim non turpis et, posuere sodales purus. Proin tortor dui, eleifend sed blandit vel, auctor nec quam. Donec dictum tellus neque, quis porta tortor suscipit et. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas.

Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Curabitur vitae rutrum est. Sed maximus aliquet sodales. Ut dictum arcu gravida est ornare, aliquam scelerisque enim luctus. Fusce convallis at justo vitae lacinia. Nullam accumsan odio metus, sed facilisis magna suscipit eu. Maecenas ut scelerisque nulla. Donec congue diam et lacus luctus sodales. Sed odio enim, feugiat in condimentum ac, lobortis a nulla.

Jun 19, 2017, 05:5406/19/17
10/31/14

Plarium respect the right to freedom of expression. And as a moderator on the forum I respect your right to express yourself in a language of your choice.

However, your right come with limitations. You are free to express yourself in a language of your choice in a specified thread. English in an English thread. Should you wish to post in another language, you must provide a Google translation of your text. 

With these said, I will be giving you a ban next time you post in another language and don't provide an English translation of your text. 

I am not sure why you think these is a good idea. I also advise you to edit your text.

Jun 24, 2017, 05:5606/24/17
02/11/15

OMG TFF.  I put that statement in Latin in Google Translate and this is what resulted.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Maecenas at the entrance of consumer bananas pillow. Fusce vitae dui nibh at risus pretium hendrerit nulla. Maecenas condimentum neque, at iaculis augue. For kids need graduated. Maecenas lacus facilisis placerat id, and the life of hate, not the pure. Fusce carrots into the afternoon. An entire football on television.

But felis velit, venenatis nec pretium eu, venenatis eget nisl. Planning boat set time. Unfortunately, neither the mass, laoreet ac mauris nec, gravida placerat magna. But, it is pulvinar dui, ac malesuada dui. That enhanced nutrition itself. Or to invest at present. Cras ut Nulla neque aliquet, tortor porttitor et molestie velit urna metus.

Kids at a temperature propaganda airline gate need carrots salad. There can not be eu velit laoreet tempor sem vel sit amet sem. Unless in the meantime, however, not soft and the Reserved. Suspendisse dapibus Top hatred of life and a great man. Stress element but a lot of laughter sterilized real estate. Proin consectetur, magna id fringilla semper, sagittis lorem mauris eros, at the mass of the earth, nor mourning, nor. Maecenas element or ugly ultricies impact. Now carrots diameter shafts, but drink a lot, volleyball players.

Maecenas pharetra aliquam nisi, but did not pharetra tortor is brought about. Indonesia Phasellus sollicitudin pellentesque metus, was enhanced so that the borders of any one. Integer porta risus quis congue enim, so that the time of clinical. In no airports, no ugly soccer and, lay members of chili. Proin neque tortor, eleifend sed blandit vel, the author nor more than. Unfortunately, it was said, nor the land, who shall raise up and the gate of the torturer. Nutrition residents soccer sad old and ugly netus et malesuada hunger and poverty.

Various clinical Penatibus Super Bowl mountains instantly. Curabitur vitae official website is. But the biggest bananas members. How was pregnant arc to sit for a thermal impact. Clinical valley, but just life's skirt. Relay layer hate fears, but football takes a great antioxidants. Ut in ligula Maecenas no. Planning mourning until the backyard and pool members. But odio enim, feugiat condimentum ac, lobortis a nulla.

This is hysterical.  I guess carrots eat volleyball and football players.

Jun 24, 2017, 10:0406/24/17
10/31/14

He thought it will be funny to use a paragraph generator. He randomised it around key words Banana is one of the used word. 

He then probably translated portions of it. What he didn't know is that it's not funny. And most of what he wrote is extremely informal and out of normal human behaviour. 

He deserves 9 million days ban for his offensive joke. 

Jun 24, 2017, 17:4706/24/17
Jun 25, 2017, 07:31(edited)
10/31/14

. It's a joke. Goodness Turok made a joke, I explained that it's a joke. Temerin made a statement of how the joke is like. 

It's not possible to ban players for 9 million days. It's a joke

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.