This topic is closed

Is it worth to Upgrade Barn to Max In Order to dissuade raiding?

10 Replies
Solidarius
13 May, 2017, 7:01 AM UTC

I have been playing Stormfall Age of War for a while now and I have always kept my warehouses and barns low capacity on purpose.

The reason I have done this is so people are not tempted to raid me... because they will get little to no resources due to the fact that my catacombs is at a pretty decent level.

My question is concerning upgrading my barn to maximum... 

For example: lets say I have 70,000 gold, 70,000 iron, and 70,000 food and this is my Maximum Capacity...If someone raids me and know the "push" trick... due to my Cata they will get something around 32k gold, 32k iron, and 32k food.

this is not bad because I will still have 38k of each resource thx to upgrading CATA...but i wonder if it could be better

if i had something like 70,000 gold, 70,000 iron, and 200,000 food, due to how the raid mechanics work in this game how much of each resource would I lose when someone raids me?... Would I lose less gold and iron?


Would this also help potential raid targets not want to raid me? I know that when I spy an inactive with something like 70k gold and iron but a larger amount of food I am less likely to raid them because I know that the raid will net me more food and less iron/gold.... 


what do you guys think? should I max my Barns? will this help me?





UTC +5:00
0
Stewart
13 May, 2017, 7:26 AM UTC

Im not going into the other stuff because my math bone is drunk as a jesus, BUT at those levels you cant upgrade the big units to the higher levels.


http://prnt.sc/f7a7wt

Noodle maker extreme
UTC +0:00
0
BiohazarD
Moderator
13 May, 2017, 9:38 AM UTC

Solidarius said:


I have been playing Stormfall Age of War for a while now and I have always kept my warehouses and barns low capacity on purpose.

The reason I have done this is so people are not tempted to raid me... because they will get little to no resources due to the fact that my catacombs is at a pretty decent level.

My question is concerning upgrading my barn to maximum... 

For example: lets say I have 70,000 gold, 70,000 iron, and 70,000 food and this is my Maximum Capacity...If someone raids me and know the "push" trick... due to my Cata they will get something around 32k gold, 32k iron, and 32k food.

this is not bad because I will still have 38k of each resource thx to upgrading CATA...but i wonder if it could be better

if i had something like 70,000 gold, 70,000 iron, and 200,000 food, due to how the raid mechanics work in this game how much of each resource would I lose when someone raids me?... Would I lose less gold and iron?


Would this also help potential raid targets not want to raid me? I know that when I spy an inactive with something like 70k gold and iron but a larger amount of food I am less likely to raid them because I know that the raid will net me more food and less iron/gold.... 


what do you guys think? should I max my Barns? will this help me?





I wouldn't worry about it, if you just spend your res every day and don't let piles of it build up people usually won't raid you.  Most people won't raid active players since losing even a few troops tends to cost more res than you get from the raid.

You could also join a league, this means you'll have other players to back you up if somebody attacks you. 

You'll eventually have to upgrade your barns and warehouses to level 20, because upgrades on some of the other buildings and lost arts require you to store large amounts of resources at once. 
Any opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily represent the opinions of or constitute official statements by Plarium.
UTC +0:00
1
djmoody
13 May, 2017, 1:20 PM UTC

Well 70k limit wouldn't hold 20hrs of natural castle production these days.

So unless you are logging in frequently all day to use the resource I suspect you are spilling resource.

If I have guess right then you are losing far more in spillled resource and lost potential troops than I suspect you are ever doing due to raiding.

In all honesty, if you are a reasonably developed player people won't raid you anyway. If someone does pick you out as an enemy, if you are in a half decent league you will get help with a wall of defence to take that player out and then be left alone again.

I expect in very few situation would keeping the barns/warehouses low be positive/optimum.

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
UTC +0:00
0
Oracle
13 May, 2017, 1:44 PM UTC

Solidarius said:


I have been playing Stormfall Age of War for a while now and I have always kept my warehouses and barns low capacity on purpose.

The reason I have done this is so people are not tempted to raid me... because they will get little to no resources due to the fact that my catacombs is at a pretty decent level.

My question is concerning upgrading my barn to maximum... 

For example: lets say I have 70,000 gold, 70,000 iron, and 70,000 food and this is my Maximum Capacity...If someone raids me and know the "push" trick... due to my Cata they will get something around 32k gold, 32k iron, and 32k food.

this is not bad because I will still have 38k of each resource thx to upgrading CATA...but i wonder if it could be better

if i had something like 70,000 gold, 70,000 iron, and 200,000 food, due to how the raid mechanics work in this game how much of each resource would I lose when someone raids me?... Would I lose less gold and iron?


Would this also help potential raid targets not want to raid me? I know that when I spy an inactive with something like 70k gold and iron but a larger amount of food I am less likely to raid them because I know that the raid will net me more food and less iron/gold.... 


what do you guys think? should I max my Barns? will this help me?





Do you mean upgrading them above level 20. If so then I think you should not bother at all. it takes forever to fill them up with raids. You will have to spend a little in resource packages to fill them up, when doing BG, or you will receive gold and iron reward. 

Leveling up below level 20 should depend on your your production level per time you are inactive and your level. if your production is low, then start by upgrading production first, and then storage as production nears level overfill. But ultimately you should get them to level 20. 

The other way of protecting your resources when offline is by extending a market offer before you log out. These is the best method of protecting food from hungry dragons and pathfinders, until the next time you log in. 

As for your questions about raid mechanics, there are plenty of guides and videos about raids explaining those questions, like capacity Vs catamb and Catamb Vs storage Storage Vs capacity. 

Biohazard has killed the forum.
UTC +2:00
0
Solidarius
13 May, 2017, 2:50 PM UTC

"You'll eventually have to upgrade your barns and warehouses to level 20, because upgrades on some of the other buildings and lost arts require you to store large amounts of resources at once." 



Thank you for the tips I understand that eventually I do have to upgrade them... I am at that point where a lot of buildings are upgraded to MAX and I do need to upgrade my barns/warehouse to keep going further.

I am also in a league with a good group of people and I don't get raided much...

I am fairly active and I know this must sound crazy to DJMoody but with my 10raids a day and 70k warehouse/barn limit I do get all my current ques(Infantry/Cavalry/Occult units/Beastry) up to 20-24hours, I train pathfinders/great lords/golems/silent ones.

@Oracle no I do not mean upgrading them above level 20...I also know about the market offer, and I do that before log out thank you about the production level that is what I try to do upgrade all my production(mines/townhouses/farms) and keep it close/near the barns/warehouse

is there anyone that can point me to a raid guide that can explain how much res of each I would lose(when someone raids me) if I had 70,000 gold, 70,000 gold, and 200,000 food with a level 23 catacombs?  

I dont know if this makes any sense but what I am asking is the ratio... I do know from previous experience that if someone has a huge ammount of food compared to gold/iron your raid brings back a majority food.  








UTC +5:00
0
Stormfall
13 May, 2017, 3:08 PM UTC
Solidarius said:

is there anyone that can point me to a raid guide that can explain how much res of each I would lose(when someone raids me) if I had 70,000 gold, 70,000 gold, and 200,000 food with a level 23 catacombs? 
You will lose 7/7/36k or 14/14/72k with a push.
UTC +2:00
0
Solidarius
13 May, 2017, 3:24 PM UTC

thank you for the answer stormfall , I will be upgrading my barns to level 20 today



UTC +5:00
0
DrFondles
14 May, 2017, 6:17 AM UTC
Solidarius said:

thank you for the answer stormfall , I will be upgrading my barns to level 20 today



Personally I'd rather have the biggest barns I can to make everyone who tries to raid me, if it ever happened... To only gain food off me and no metals
Josh/Synergy S3
UTC +0:00
0
Solidarius
14 May, 2017, 6:53 AM UTC

DrFondles said:


Solidarius said:


thank you for the answer stormfall , I will be upgrading my barns to level 20 today



Personally I'd rather have the biggest barns I can to make everyone who tries to raid me, if it ever happened... To only gain food off me and no metals

That is what I am thinking of doing but max without spending $ is around 200,000 capacity at 3 barns at level 20, 

what gave me the idea is that I raided a high level inactive the other day ... he/she had something crazy like 2million food and my raid gave me like 90% food and close to nothing for metals so I figured it might work because food is so easily obtained by raiding bots noone really wants to raid active castles for it
UTC +5:00
0
djmoody
14 May, 2017, 11:57 AM UTC

As you probably worked out from Stormfall's maths, what you get between the raids is proportional to the mix of resources the players has stored. So loads of food = loads of food in the booty from the raid.

As most players had an army and then lost it before quitting, most inactive's food production is huge relative to their gold and iron production. That is why a lot of raid targets are food heavy.

Also the spring of life is the first resource production building that opens up in lost arts. It requires quite a lot of barn space (125k from memory). So a lot of your <>

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
UTC +0:00
0
1779350 users registered; 48235 topics; 286776 posts; our newest member:traccey1