This topic is closed

Average player???

28 Replies
roadstar Pitbull
12 May, 2017, 9:53 PM UTC

Now I do realize this will be limited to forum users....

Question, what is the average player in game buying?

A. 1-2 package per month

B. 3-5 package per month

C. 5+ package per month

D. 1-10 package per year

E. none

I used be A, now and for over a year a firm E.

* *edit to remove costs,,, and package counts whether 1 or 1000 coins**

UTC +0:00
IronApex Turok
13 May, 2017, 1:36 AM UTC
same.
Trentos
13 May, 2017, 1:44 AM UTC
Mostly E, but occasionally an A. As we all know, the less you spend, the better the deals :-)
UTC +11:00
Knightmare
13 May, 2017, 5:57 AM UTC

We cant even change our league name without glitches. I give no  ******

Nug Life !
UTC +7:00
Solidarius
13 May, 2017, 6:37 AM UTC

I wait for the good offer such as this http://prnt.sc/f79y88

I dont spend much $ cuz im poor, but Id say im around the A or ~ package every 3months

UTC +5:00
BiohazarD
13 May, 2017, 9:47 AM UTC

roadstar Pitbull said:

Now I do realize this will be limited to forum users....

Question, what is the average player in game buying?

A. 1-2 package per month

B. 3-5 package per month

C. 5+ package per month

D. 1-10 package per year

E. none

I used be A, now and for over a year a firm E.

* *edit to remove costs,,, and package counts whether 1 or 1000 coins**

Statistically speaking, the vast majority of the accounts in the game have not had any money spent on them (look at all the bots and level 1-20 castles).  I don't know whether you count these as players. 

As for current active players, I'd say there are two separate groups.  The ones who buy a few packages per year, and the ones who are buying one or more packages per week (because of the way plarium's algorithms work, these frequently bought packages also tend to be much larger, in the $50-$300 range, while the less frequent ones are in the $1-$20 range). 

Personally, I've bought 1-2 packages in the last year. 
djmoody
13 May, 2017, 1:14 PM UTC

Most are E.

There are only a very small number of long term players on any server. No more than about 1,000 on each server I would expect (judging from league activity). Long term for me > 6 months.

Of those only a proportion spend and only a very small proportion spend big.

The vast majority of the rest of players logging are new starters. They get bored with the game quite quickly and leave. If you ever look for raid targets you know the proportion of castles that make it past lvl 70.

I doubt many of those spend much if any at all.

So the vast majority of players don't pay.

The whole games is propped up by the 5-20 people spending $20k a head (in a couple of cases hundreds of thousands). Some of the less experienced players won't believe anyone spends that much but think again, there are people with mental issues that really do spend that much on 'winning a game' (and in the process destroying it as a fun hobby for everyone else).

I am E btw

Just as an FYI your option A and D are virtually the same. It's not that logical to put all the options in months and then one in years, so as well as confusing people who might do your survey you are confused yourself as well.

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
Oracle
13 May, 2017, 1:51 PM UTC

I am a  proud F. 

I spend when I want to. 

Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.....Gedleyihlekisa: Oracle the postremogeniture
UTC +2:00
BiohazarD
13 May, 2017, 7:34 PM UTC
Oracle said:

I am a  proud F. 

I spend when I want to. 

That's what we all think, then along comes a 90% sapphire discount.... :P
RandomDrop
13 May, 2017, 9:08 PM UTC
Average player spends 0 or the updates wouldn't be 100% coin based
brunsonthomas
13 May, 2017, 9:11 PM UTC
RandomDrop said:

I disagree. I think you will find most players do spend money but not a lot. Many things like sketches must be won or purchased. I'm sure many are on budgets so they have to be very selective what they do buy.
UTC +5:00
RandomDrop
13 May, 2017, 9:23 PM UTC

brunsonthomas said:

RandomDrop said:

I disagree. I think you will find most players do spend money but not a lot. Many things like sketches must be won or purchased. I'm sure many are on budgets so they have to be very selective what they do buy.

Unfortunately for you don't know what any of us do for a living and have no clue as to the size of our wallets. For someone charged with the impossible task of managing Plariums image it really is a lost cause and I applaud you for your attempts, even tho they are failed at every corner. Hats off to you.

Lets discuss the actual facts, in the 6 months I have been here 100% of all updates have been for heavy coiners 0% of all bugs have been fixed. So with just these 2 simple items lets deduce Plariums business model shall we?

1. Profit.

2. Old game we dont plan to keep around.

That wasnt so hard was it?

Edit, and no people dont spend money on this game or it would look and perform like Clash.
roadstar Pitbull
14 May, 2017, 12:55 AM UTC

I was truly hoping for more replies quickly.

My thoughts are more players spend low amount (10$ package 1-3 months). Which should be more of Plarium's bread and butter with less paying for the bigger packages. I could be wrong.

So how does so many recent updates, which are most targeted to large spending, benefit the game? I t is actually driving more away than bringing in more. While I'm sure they are still  making money with larger packages, which should be a higher profit margin ( just buying pixels after all). What happened to the average player?? Inability  to remain competitive has/is driving them the game.

This is in no way meant to belittle any player that has the ability or desire to spend their money here. Can I, yes, but choose not to anymore.
DrFondles
14 May, 2017, 6:16 AM UTC
D. If I wasn't in college and paying for it, maybe a little more 
Josh/Synergy S3
IronApex Turok
14 May, 2017, 9:10 AM UTC
as the non coiners quit... the average players become coiners. 
djmoody
14 May, 2017, 11:50 AM UTC

I guess a survey to find out how many modest spenders have vowed never to spend another penny in the game due to Plarium's extreme greed approach to the game?

I know I for one made that vow and have been able to stick to it now for a LONG time. I am glad I have because when people are allowed to coin up a hammer's that measure in the billions overnight, it kind of makes any spending you do utterly pointless.

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
Gadheras
14 May, 2017, 12:01 PM UTC

djmoody said:

I guess a survey to find out how many modest spenders have vowed never to spend another penny in the game due to Plarium's extreme greed approach to the game?

I know I for one made that vow and have been able to stick to it now for a LONG time. I am glad I have because when people are allowed to coin up a hammer's that measure in the billions overnight, it kind of makes any spending you do utterly pointless.

End of the day, the game will fade as someone sitt stroke his epen over the size of his massive hammer :p

The size of epic plarium long for :p

Lord Mark
14 May, 2017, 2:47 PM UTC

https://s22.postimg.org/ktvcf919t/Screenshot_4.jpg

Jezebel
14 May, 2017, 5:09 PM UTC

I used to be a B then turned into an A 

now I refuse to buy a pkg unless its a good 9.99 deal so basically an E most of the time now
Oracle
15 May, 2017, 9:36 AM UTC
Lord Mark said:

https://s22.postimg.org/ktvcf919t/Screenshot_4.jpg

That are not bad offers. I can use those 5000 sketches, Would have bought that in a pinch of the eye. 
Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.....Gedleyihlekisa: Oracle the postremogeniture
1723657 users registered; 43019 topics; 270786 posts; our newest member:vlad120902