BG, Bare assertion Fallacy

BG, Bare assertion Fallacy

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Mar 18, 2017, 07:0203/18/17
10/31/14

Solidarius said:

Look I believe we all have the same thing in common to understand more about BG's and use them to make our castles stronger

No need for personal attacks and other bullshit... leave your feelings aside, I know many of you are "older" and let your "pride" get in the way... no need for that...

What DJ moody said about killing Saga quests I can confirm is true... that's why I do them they do net profit, although it does take me some time I am currently at the lvl 44 SAGAS, and waiting to train enough units to take it down.

Oracle "Theory" in my opinion does have some "truth" to it, I have experienced it myself .... I have not properly "banked" enough troops and have hit a random BG and it has given me a "payout" that should not exist according to the bank theory...

Can anyone explain why this is so?

I am much younger than DJ, probably young enough to be his kid :). But the trick does exist, and DJ will never put it into view, I only heard of it, but I will try to rediscover it myself. although it might take a while, and the is a possibility it doesn't work any more, But I doubt it. Knowing KoK they might have come with something better, and are spilling the beans on something no longer cool.

I am not saing in any ways he hasn't given advice, He does so in a way that it, that it appears unhelpful.. Which is the case here.  

Mar 18, 2017, 13:0503/18/17
08/12/14

Solidarius said:

Inaginni said:

Oracle said:

-snip-

If you manage to come up with a good theory that works better than the ~15% tax rate (I'm pretty sure that's the right number, but haven't checked recently) then good on you! I do agree testing things is important, and, while DJ does look like he comes across as anti-testing anything other than what he says (to paraphrase your second paragraph there), from my experience with him and Bio it's probably b/c they have tried other things already.

In DJ's defense the trick does exist (or at least did a few months ago - haven't heard of or seen others do it since then myself). I've seen quite a few members of KoK Elite and KoK go through the process. I was offered the chance to go through it, but refused as the trick basically wipes BGs as content in the game (Not that they're any good with the tax, but it gets much, much worse after the trick). Also, considering how much free troop power it gives, why in the world would you expect him to tell you the specifics? That he even gives hints to it is astonishing.

....................................................Why bring this up again?

you do realize saying shit like "There is a trick to get 30-50million free troop power" is the equivalent of saying in real life " I know how to make 1million dollars in 24hours and you can to!' 

NOONE is going to believe you and they will call you out and unless you can provide proof, if your not going to do that then why bring it up in the first place... its like your looking for problems and bragging and YES I am one of those who is calling him out on it , he already said he will not write a guide so just let it be what it is.

you know whats astonishing, its how every time one of these "tricks" gets discovered BG's get harder and harder for the people that need them the most.

either drop the thing or provide EVIDENCE , pick 1, and please your telling me you said no to 30-50million free troop power when you know that BG's are mostly a loss making system?

WTF... how much $ do you spend on the game to even consider this?

p.s. your word is not a solid defense to the "trick" being real.

<3>

I'm sorry Solidarius, but when I see someone I consider a friend being attacked about what I know to be true, I'm not going to just look the other way. I wont give evidence either as it is not mine to give. I did not create the trick.

Yes, I did refuse to do it. I guess the reason was left a little short so I do apologize for that. The full reason was that I had heard from those that had done the BG trick how it had made the game boring for quite a few of them, with quite a few talking about quitting/ playing much less after 4-6 months. I was personally surprised that, despite gaining so much troop power, that losing BGs as content would affect how they play the game so much. However, DJ made a post in the past showing that BGs can be boiled down to about 1/3 of the content in game, so it does make some sense that removing them would significantly reduce the playability of the game. Also, at the time it was first offered to me, BGs were still somewhat-ish profitable (this was a while back, and I still could get about 105-110% average payouts from BGs).

I was not ready/ willing to grow tired of the game at the time. I was having fun with my friends and didn't want anything to cast a shadow on that time, as it had for quite a few of them.

Also, I don't spend any money on the game and I do realize that it's not the evidence you wanted. As I mentioned, the purpose of the previous post was expressing support for a friend, since I knew he was right.

Oracle said:

Solidarius said:

-snip-
I am much younger than DJ, probably young enough to be his kid :). But the trick does exist, and DJ will never put it into view, I only heard of it, but I will try to rediscover it myself. although it might take a while, and the is a possibility it doesn't work any more, But I doubt it. Knowing KoK they might have come with something better, and are spilling the beans on something no longer cool. I am not saing in any ways he hasn't given advice, He does so in a way that it, that it appears unhelpful.. Which is the case here.

As someone who knows the trick (or at least the few months old version, if it changed), I can say he's given more hints than you think. The most powerful one is that he's said it's not like doing them normally (i.e. the way most bg guides have been created to date). I do recommend keeping track of resources, as DJ recommended, as it should eventually lead you down the correct path as you try things out.

I do agree, though, that DJ doesn't always hand out good information in the best way possible. Yet, to his credit, he does persist in trying to help even when those he's trying to help are actively attacking him.

Mar 18, 2017, 14:2403/18/17
Mar 18, 2017, 14:25(edited)
10/31/14

Inaginni said:

Solidarius said:

-snip-
I am much younger than DJ, probably young enough to be his kid :). But the trick does exist, and DJ will never put it into view, I only heard of it, but I will try to rediscover it myself. although it might take a while, and the is a possibility it doesn't work any more, But I doubt it. Knowing KoK they might have come with something better, and are spilling the beans on something no longer cool. I am not saing in any ways he hasn't given advice, He does so in a way that it, that it appears unhelpful.. Which is the case here.

As someone who knows the trick (or at least the few months old version, if it changed), I can say he's given more hints than you think. The most powerful one is that he's said it's not like doing them normally (i.e. the way most bg guides have been created to date). I do recommend keeping track of resources, as DJ recommended, as it should eventually lead you down the correct path as you try things out.

I do agree, though, that DJ doesn't always hand out good information in the best way possible. Yet, to his credit, he does persist in trying to help even when those he's trying to help are actively attacking him.

I fell out with DJ, when he actively attacked me for making an innocent and known fact. But I haven't per say actively attacked him. It might have been taken as offensive, but it was not in my intent. nor was his intent to mislead player. I like to tell things like they are, and that might appear offensive, but as Jumy used to say ''truth hurts''.

I am not going to apologize to him, for telling the truth, But dragging a '' you can make 50 mill troops'' in a ''BG rediscovery''. He actively mislead the public. And I believe he should at least apologize for that. 

And the KoK/friends must at least stop backing him up for actively misleading the community.

DJ can in the meantime debate against/for the post in the manner that will not give rise to more controversy.

Mar 18, 2017, 20:3703/18/17
Mar 18, 2017, 20:38(edited)

Inaginni said:

Solidarius said:

Inaginni said:

Oracle said:

-snip-

If you manage to come up with a good theory that works better than the ~15% tax rate (I'm pretty sure that's the right number, but haven't checked recently) then good on you! I do agree testing things is important, and, while DJ does look like he comes across as anti-testing anything other than what he says (to paraphrase your second paragraph there), from my experience with him and Bio it's probably b/c they have tried other things already.

In DJ's defense the trick does exist (or at least did a few months ago - haven't heard of or seen others do it since then myself). I've seen quite a few members of KoK Elite and KoK go through the process. I was offered the chance to go through it, but refused as the trick basically wipes BGs as content in the game (Not that they're any good with the tax, but it gets much, much worse after the trick). Also, considering how much free troop power it gives, why in the world would you expect him to tell you the specifics? That he even gives hints to it is astonishing.

you do realize saying shit like "There is a trick to get 30-50million free troop power" is the equivalent of saying in real life " I know how to make 1million dollars in 24hours and you can to!' 

NOONE is going to believe you and they will call you out and unless you can provide proof, if your not going to do that then why bring it up in the first place... its like your looking for problems and bragging and YES I am one of those who is calling him out on it , he already said he will not write a guide so just let it be what it is.

you know whats astonishing, its how every time one of these "tricks" gets discovered BG's get harder and harder for the people that need them the most.

either drop the thing or provide EVIDENCE , pick 1, and please your telling me you said no to 30-50million free troop power when you know that BG's are mostly a loss making system?

<3>

I'm sorry Solidarius, but when I see someone I consider a friend being attacked about what I know to be true, I'm not going to just look the other way. I wont give evidence either as it is not mine to give. I did not create the trick.

Yes, I did refuse to do it. I guess the reason was left a little short so I do apologize for that. The full reason was that I had heard from those that had done the BG trick how it had made the game boring for quite a few of them, with quite a few talking about quitting/ playing much less after 4-6 months. I was personally surprised that, despite gaining so much troop power, that losing BGs as content would affect how they play the game so much. However, DJ made a post in the past showing that BGs can be boiled down to about 1/3 of the content in game, so it does make some sense that removing them would significantly reduce the playability of the game. Also, at the time it was first offered to me, BGs were still somewhat-ish profitable (this was a while back, and I still could get about 105-110% average payouts from BGs).

I was not ready/ willing to grow tired of the game at the time. I was having fun with my friends and didn't want anything to cast a shadow on that time, as it had for quite a few of them.

Also, I don't spend any money on the game and I do realize that it's not the evidence you wanted. As I mentioned, the purpose of the previous post was expressing support for a friend, since I knew he was right.

There is nothing wrong in supporting your friend, good for you my friend :D

It is true that BG's are a big part of the game and your reason is logical for the most part.

forgive me for the attack but It was and still is surprising to me that any player especially a "free 2 play" would say no to free troop power ...I know for a fact that I would not.... unless it was some kind of "ban" worthy exploit.

I come on the forums to learn more about the game, and I do appreciate both oracle and dj's posts since they are both "Veteran" players regardless of whos right/wrong.

your word is still not solid evidence that the "trick" exists, nor do I plan on chasing a dream, I will let you know now that if I do stumble upon such a trick(highly unlikely) I will be posting a guide of these forums <>

p.s. Do you know who created the "trick"?

Mar 19, 2017, 04:1303/19/17

DJ I propose an offer that can settle this argument once and for all and I promise I can net you profit in the process!

I have castles on both server 1(dark plains) and 2(untamed lands)

and since I only really play on server 2 

you send me the details for this "trick" via pm and I will use it on both of my castles 

if the "trick" is really true and works.... I will use my castle and troops in server 1 (dark plains) to your disposal whatever you wish, to thank you for helping me.

I will also come here on this very forum and admit to its existence and apologize for being ignorant and forever keep it a secret from everyone.

How does that sound?

Do we have a deal?

Mar 19, 2017, 05:2203/19/17
07/25/15
djmoody said:

Or maybe Plarium could seed an account with some sapphs, so it can get to the min requirement very quickly and I will keep a blog showing you the progress over the couple of weeks it will take to trick. Then I will give the account back to Plarium.

lol, right, as if Plarium would assist in any things that would benefit players. They want us to pay cold cash to them as much as possible. Hell would freeze over long before things :p
BiohazarDModerator
Mar 19, 2017, 07:0303/19/17
10/04/13
djmoody said:

I tell you what. If Plarium allow it, give me your account details and in a couple of weeks I'll trick your account for you (assuming you have the min required off/def, which I suspect you have). Then you can come back to the forum and settle the argument.

Just to be clear, some people have alluded to it requiring 100m troops or "massive coining" - neither is true. You have to build your account to a certain level but it's nothing that a really active player couldn't achieve in their first 6 months. Most serious players would be big enough to trick.

Or maybe Plarium could seed an account with some sapphs, so it can get to the min requirement very quickly and I will keep a blog showing you the progress over the couple of weeks it will take to trick. Then I will give the account back to Plarium.

** EDIT ** - in terms of who created the current trick. Several people from different leagues found it independently on the day of the update where they closed down the old trick. So no one person really created it. I suspect other leagues might have worked it out on their own also.

Unfortunately, sharing accounts or a player using multiple accounts are both against Plariums terms of use. 
BiohazarDModerator
Mar 19, 2017, 07:0903/19/17
10/04/13
Inaginni said:

Solidarius said:

Inaginni said:

Oracle said:

-snip-

<3>

Oracle said:

Solidarius said:

-snip-

Agreed, many of his hints would get people very close to figuring out the trick.  Once someone understands how the bgs work, the method to exploit them becomes fairly obvious. 
Mar 20, 2017, 01:1903/20/17

djmoody said:

Solidarius said:

Do we have a deal?

Well that would let the trick out of the bag. 

We could do it the other way around. Someone provided me the funds, I'll start an account on server 2 and then once tricked put it at the beck and call of whoever funded it.

unfortunately I do not have such funds otherwise I would take you up on the offer.

It seems we have reached a stalemate, I thank you again for the tips you have provided and Oracle for his "theory".

happy hunting!

<3>

Mar 20, 2017, 08:4603/20/17
Mar 20, 2017, 08:47(edited)
10/31/14

djmoody said:

Solidarius said:

Do we have a deal?

We could do it the other way around. Someone provided me the funds, I'll start an account on server 2 and then once tricked put it at the beck and call of whoever funded it.

OK, I can take you on the offer. How much will it cost. Provided is less than 2K$, and that your Untamed land will be used as I wish, after. Or you can just tell me, it't the same method I have heard of, and I will be glad to study it.

Or you can tell me how to do it. provided that, I have been trying to get my army to 1 billion. But so far I have not had much luck, and a 330$ offers are just rarely any good and it will take a while till I get back to 9$ offers. 
Mar 20, 2017, 09:2203/20/17
07/25/15
Oracle said:

djmoody said:

Solidarius said:

Do we have a deal?

OK, I can take you on the offer. How much will it cost. Provided is less than 2K$, and that your Untamed land will be used as I wish, after. Or you can just tell me, it't the same method I have heard of, and I will be glad to study it.

Or you can tell me how to do it. provided that, I have been trying to get my army to 1 billion. But so far I have not had much luck, and a 330$ offers are just rarely any good and it will take a while till I get back to 9$ offers. 
Looking at all the things can get for 2k USD, there is a lot more than pixels in this game I would put it down on. you all crazy
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Mar 20, 2017, 11:5503/20/17
09/17/15
Passing accounts to the third parties doesn't seem like something legit. 
Mar 20, 2017, 13:1703/20/17
07/25/15

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Passing accounts to the third parties doesn't seem like something legit. 

Neither is use of alts, bots and, and and.... but Plarium failed to police its own rules and leave it to the players to file tickets that never get regarded, as hey... bots I had around me since I started play almost 2 years ago, STILL THERE, alive and well.

Mar 20, 2017, 16:1403/20/17
12/18/14
this thread makes my eyes bleed 
BiohazarDModerator
Mar 20, 2017, 19:0203/20/17
10/04/13

Jezebel said:

It does seem to have gotten a bit off topic. 

Back to BGs people. 

Mar 21, 2017, 00:1903/21/17

BiohazarD said:

Jezebel said:

Back to BGs people. 

Question about BG's @BioHazard and the other vets on here

If I send my "defense" to die on purpose on a defense BG and then attack an offense battleground without any troop losses , Will I receive the value of my defense troops that died in the defense one on the offence one?

What I am asking is are the "offence" and "defense" BG's interchangeable or separate?

Lately I have been going back and forth between them and can not figure out if I should do them separate or it doesn't matter

Thx in advance! 

<3>

Mar 21, 2017, 08:0403/21/17
Mar 21, 2017, 10:25(edited)
10/31/14

Solidarius said:

If I send my "defense" to die on purpose on a defense BG and then attack an offense battleground without any troop losses , Will I receive the value of my defense troops that died in the defense one on the offence one?

What I am asking is are the "offence" and "defense" BG's interchangeable or separate?

Lately I have been going back and forth between them and can not figure out if I should do them separate or it doesn't matter

Thx in advance! 

<3>

From what I know from BG banking lectures I had, BG bank is interchangeable, one you can bank on any BG, and receive a rewards equal to the amount you banked in other BG. But take note, yellow barring, or yellowing will delay your rewards. Yellow baring doesn't make sense because it was used before the data of how much bank value each BG needs. So one used to yellow bar BG of the immediate previous level to complete BG of the next level. But with knowing how much bank you need you can send to any level, and take from the BG equal to the value you have banked. 

EG, in the old days if I need to complete level 18 BG, I will yellow level 17, then complete level 18.

But now knowing that level 18 needs X bank, I can send a fraction to each BG, then complete level 18, when I have reached bank requirements.

Another way people  do it is to complete a BG completely, from lowest till the BG they want to claim at. for these they will need a spread shit, detailing the amount of units in each of BG, and complete the BG after BG until they have reached the bank, its complex, but It works, plus since you will be claiming mini rewards, it becomes easier. 

Another way is to use the ''sweetspot'' method, Which is used by 3 people on the BG all times ranking top 20, Dark plains. But DJ said the formula has changed.

Banking is complex, as you can see, 4 ways of banking, and none of them completely works. That is why I am doing BG my way now.

BiohazarDModerator
Mar 21, 2017, 14:1903/21/17
10/04/13
Solidarius said:

BiohazarD said:

Jezebel said:

Back to BGs people. 

Thx in advance! 

<3>

Offense and defense BGs are interchangeable, but when you send troops to a bg only part of the res is added to the bank immediately.  Some res gets stuck in the BG and is only added to the bank when you finish the bg off.  This seems to be roughly 30% of the total res sent.  So if you yellow bar a bunch of BGs without killing them you can get stuck. 
Mar 21, 2017, 15:2203/21/17
07/25/15

Oracle said:

Another way people  do it is to complete a BG completely, from lowest till the BG they want to claim at. for these they will need a spread shit, detailing the amount of units in each of BG, and complete the BG after BG until 

I really hope they don't, lol

That sounds awfull messy.
Mar 22, 2017, 08:2803/22/17
12/18/14
yup you can still bank but the payouts are not consistent as they were before - you used to be able to bank and clear a bg and get a payout for what you had banked, it still works but now you sometimes have to clear more to get the payout - I return the small payouts (and sometimes extra) to the bgs so it doesn't affect the payout I am seeking
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.