BEACON MASSACRE

BEACON MASSACRE

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Jan 12, 2017, 17:5901/12/17
05/30/14

BEACON MASSACRE

Hello All,

This last Beacon Massacre has been great and I and KT league have had some FUN:-)

I would also like to show appreciation to the Anarchy League, who provided this rivalry during the Beacon Massacre.

But onto the matter that I would like the game developers of Plarium to consider. I hear leagues suggest what is the point of holding beacons only to be smashed by the MIGHTY EMPERORS and the DESTINY league.

So leagues with beacons have to provide resources to rebuild them and those witthout have resources to make troops to hit them.

Well I see why people in the game are angry.

MY THEORY - To participate in the Beacon Massacre, the league MUST hold a minimum of 5 beacons. These 5 beacons need to be lvl 5.

We all like to have FUN in this game, so lets be FAIR in having this FUN.

Please DISCUSS:-)

Happy Gaming and Happy 2017

DoomieUK

Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 12, 2017, 18:3501/12/17
07/25/15

Better, you need to have x becons to maintain x level of Fortress.

Jan 12, 2017, 18:4701/12/17
Jan 12, 2017, 18:51(edited)
12/13/14

DoomieUK said:

MY THEORY - To participate in the Beacon Massacre, the league MUST hold a minimum of 5 beacons. These 5 beacons need to be lvl 5.

Errrrrm?

I thought that one of the main reasons plarium devised this torture was to give small leagues a chance ... obviously this is an illusion, but it gives plarium a small excuse

Your suggestion would exclude them all

"We all like to have FUN in this game, so lets be FAIR in having this FUN. "

This type of event (inc Flag Tourney) can never be fair ... which is precisely why so many top leagues like them
Jan 12, 2017, 18:5101/12/17
01/27/15

Yes, the beacon Massacre was a lot of fun and I had a blast fighting alongside my KT friends, but it was not $500 worth of fun and even after the %90 res for free, that is what it would cost me to res the troops still dead. 

After all was said and done I resurrected the troops I lost for free and then added up how many sapphires it would take to revive what wasnt resurrected for free and it came out real close to 200K sapphires and that is with a %50 discount. With the current deal of 40K sapphires for $99 that comes out to @ $500. So who really won with this or any beacon massacre but Plarium. The sole purpose of this event is to make us spend more money and I spend too much as it is. 

There is so much chatter here in the forums as well as in game of people who quit or are about to quit because Plarium is making the game cost more and more yet Plarium has a deaf ear to it. Greed has over ruled common sense. I seen this on other games like this and it wont be long before hardly anyone is left playing unless plarium wises up. 

As much fun as we had Doomie, I really think the beacon massacre needs to be done away with. 
Jan 12, 2017, 19:0101/12/17
07/25/15
Chopdoc said:

Yes, the beacon Massacre was a lot of fun and I had a blast fighting alongside my KT friends, but it was not $500 worth of fun and even after the %90 res for free, that is what it would cost me to res the troops still dead. 

After all was said and done I resurrected the troops I lost for free and then added up how many sapphires it would take to revive what wasnt resurrected for free and it came out real close to 200K sapphires and that is with a %50 discount. With the current deal of 40K sapphires for $99 that comes out to @ $500. So who really won with this or any beacon massacre but Plarium. The sole purpose of this event is to make us spend more money and I spend too much as it is. 

You know, thats like more than the value of 8 (EIGHT), Tripple A tittles bought at launch date. Games such as GTA5, Battlefield, so forth and on. Its insane thinking about people spending such amounts on a game such as Stormfall.
BiohazarDModerator
Jan 12, 2017, 19:4001/12/17
10/04/13

Snowgoon said:

DoomieUK said:

Errrrrm?

I thought that one of the main reasons plarium devised this torture was to give small leagues a chance ... obviously this is an illusion, but it gives plarium a small excuse

This type of event (inc Flag Tourney) can never be fair ... which is precisely why so many top leagues like them

Actually, the leaders of the top ranked leagues were some of the first ones to complain about the beacon massacre.  Try holding on to 10+ beacons during a massacre tournament, it's pretty much impossible if you have a lot of enemies (that's why more and more of the top leagues are either giving up beacons altogether or dropping enough that they can keep 500mil+ defense in each one). 

I'm not sure what is meant by needing a minimum of 5 level 5 beacons to participate.   Would that mean that a league with fewer than 5 beacons couldn't attack or be attacked during the tournament?  Or just that they wouldn't get the 90% free heals?  Would the attacker still get the free heals if the attacker had more than 5 beacons?  Do they have to hold the beacons throughout the tournament to continue attacking or is it just whether they had the beacons at the start of the tournament?   This sounds very complicated and I can already see lots of ways for it to be exploited. 
Jan 12, 2017, 21:5301/12/17
12/18/14

Too little too late the massacre events will continue as is - Plarium does not foresee the huge player base that it will lose once they have done massive damage to the server before they delete their accts forever and ever 

I will miss you all as its been a fun ride for the past two years 
Jan 13, 2017, 06:1001/13/17
03/13/15
I think it is a good idea since this will get refinement of the leagues that participate in the beacon massacre but then most of the big leagues will only be able to participate and hold beacons and small leagues will never have chance to or will have to be at the mercy of the big leagues to drop beacons and let them hold it. It will kind of give rise to a hierarchical order. It will definitely be a problem for a league with mostly non coiners.
Jan 13, 2017, 11:3001/13/17
Jan 13, 2017, 11:50(edited)
12/13/14

Warrior said:

I think it is a good idea

I think it is a terrible idea, but then, I think the entire event is a massive failure

Why participate in an event which gives zero rewards when the Beacon Conquest tournament can give every participating league member 2000 sapphires plus league rewards?

http://prntscr.com/dv3awd

Total insanity, but it keeps the psycho serial killers happy

The Flag Tournament excludes those leagues with level 0-2 fortresses, but it does not protect them, and those with level 3 - 4 forts still get hit and get no benefit whatsoever
Excluding leagues who hold 0 - 4 beacons will never solve any of the problems in the massacre

Jan 13, 2017, 13:4401/13/17
03/13/15
Snowgoon said:

Warrior said:

I think it is a good idea

I think it is a terrible idea, but then, I think the entire event is a massive failure

Why participate in an event which gives zero rewards when the Beacon Conquest tournament can give every participating league member 2000 sapphires plus league rewards?

http://prntscr.com/dv3awd

Total insanity, but it keeps the psycho serial killers happy

The Flag Tournament excludes those leagues with level 0-2 fortresses, but it does not protect them, and those with level 3 - 4 forts still get hit and get no benefit whatsoever
Excluding leagues who hold 0 - 4 beacons will never solve any of the problems in the massacre

I also agree a reward would drive more leagues to participate in the Beacon Massacre but i thought all the players wanted to stop this event. Not sure if this is a conflicting idea.
Jan 13, 2017, 16:5401/13/17
03/01/16

Snowgoon said:

DoomieUK said:

Errrrrm?

Yes, Lady Snowgoon is right, what is the point to make such a limitation if this Event is a chance for small Leagues to show their potential.

Jan 13, 2017, 17:0101/13/17
Jan 13, 2017, 17:08(edited)
03/01/16

Yes, during such Events players should mobilize their Leagues and act together as a team. And that's what we saw during the last Massacre.

Position of bigger Leagues is in danger, but that's a good motivation for them to act quickly and jointly if they want to hold their positions.

But it's a war game, what is the point of just sitting and waiting if something's going to happen or not? When you can accept the challenge and fight to your enemies with the opportunity to revive almost all of your losses.

Jan 13, 2017, 17:0701/13/17
07/25/15
Eugenia Misura said:

Yes, during such Events players should mobilize their Leagues and act together as a team. And that's what we saw during the last Massacre.

Position of bigger Leagues is in danger, but that's a good motivation for them to act quickly and jointly if they want to hold their positions.

But it's a war game, what is the point of just sitting and waiting if something's going to happen or not? When you can accept the challenge and fight to your enemies with the opportunity to revive almost all of your losses for free.

You take the element of surprise out of the equation..... When there is a bacon massacre players just have to assume they get hit.Why not? From a strategic point of view it get less worth to take becons outside such an event. Rather than let the players control the sandbox, plarium start micro manage it. which is just bad.
Jan 13, 2017, 20:2701/13/17
06/22/14

Eugenia Misura said:

But it's a war game, what is the point of just sitting and waiting if something's going to happen or not? When you can accept the challenge and fight to your enemies with the opportunity to revive almost all of your losses.

Wow, you designed this to help small leagues. And all of us are in Santa Claus believers.

I'm so stupid and I thought that you made this event to sell 10% of our lost in with nonsense driven fights. How good you are and attentive to small leagues.

Just to dispel my doubts, can you show me which small league is taken beacon from top league, please.

Jan 13, 2017, 21:0501/13/17
Jan 13, 2017, 21:07(edited)

Drogar61 said:

Eugenia Misura said:

Wow, you designed this to help small leagues. And all of us are in Santa Claus believers.

I'm so stupid and I thought that you made this event to sell 10% of our lost in with nonsense driven fights. How good you are and attentive to small leagues.

Just to dispel my doubts, can you show me which small league is taken beacon from top league, please.

none 

small leagues are trying but unfortunately they are not able to accumulate enough def in time 

those big hammers are definitely enjoying it kill few mill of def with minimum losses ( lol some wait till few def is in the beacon then they attack it )

small leagues won nothing but dead def and dead hopes ( and they inflicted near zero losses to their attackers ) 

looking at the bright side they now know the big off hammers out there 
Jan 13, 2017, 21:1101/13/17
12/18/14

Eugenia Misura said:

I think you missed the part where the big leagues are dropping their beacons so they can massacre everyone elses - yeah they don't care anymore they are out to do as much damage as they can and in about a month none of them will even be playing anymore

great plan Plarium :)
Jan 13, 2017, 21:5301/13/17
02/28/16

Jezebel said:

big leagues are dropping their beacons so they can massacre everyone elses

I might have missed that in the red spam, but any other league, besides KoK, dropped theirs beacons willingly?

Jan 13, 2017, 22:5401/13/17
06/22/14

exxxe said:

Drogar61 said:

Eugenia Misura said:

none 

small leagues are trying but unfortunately they are not able to accumulate enough def in time 

those big hammers are definitely enjoying it kill few mill of def with minimum losses ( lol some wait till few def is in the beacon then they attack it )

small leagues won nothing but dead def and dead hopes ( and they inflicted near zero losses to their attackers ) 

looking at the bright side they now know the big off hammers out there 

You know does "none" is truth or not. I believe truth.

All other mentioned things are just your assumptions, and for me they are not truth because I could be happy if I'm lost something. Maybe (just maybe) I sent some message to one, but the rest don't know about that and I'm weaker than I was when I started. Fpr e that means time for sorrow not for happinies. But we're different, and I haven't benefits from Plarium.
Jan 14, 2017, 16:4901/14/17
Jan 14, 2017, 16:55(edited)
12/18/14

Stormfall said:

Jezebel said:

big leagues are dropping their beacons so they can massacre everyone elses

I might have missed that in the red spam, but any other league, besides KoK, dropped theirs beacons willingly?

Emps did long ago and Destiny has reduced to two and are quite content to play on the beacons .... honestly why not?  The changes to the game have forced the hand to different game play.

Switching to a more offense based game play is both more fun (especially at beacon level) and less tedious (less diplo and whining to deal with)  When you decide you just don't care anymore and just go smash things up its pure enjoyment.
Jan 14, 2017, 22:5901/14/17
05/30/14

Hi all,

Its was just a theory to try and make Beacon Massacre a little fun for all.

I guess the developers make changes and it is up to us to try and make the changes agreeable for all game players.

I would like to think that the smaller leagues could fight over beacons that a major league have lost during the event.

With the amount of beacons that there are now, even the KT league cannot defend all these beacons it has....so we defend what we can and pass those we cannot defend to other leagues.

I guess my point was how do we make the Beacon Massacre event fairer for everyone:-)

Happy Gaming

DoomieUK

Jan 15, 2017, 01:3501/15/17
12/18/14
DoomieUK said:

Hi all,

Its was just a theory to try and make Beacon Massacre a little fun for all.

I guess the developers make changes and it is up to us to try and make the changes agreeable for all game players.

I would like to think that the smaller leagues could fight over beacons that a major league have lost during the event.

With the amount of beacons that there are now, even the KT league cannot defend all these beacons it has....so we defend what we can and pass those we cannot defend to other leagues.

I guess my point was how do we make the Beacon Massacre event fairer for everyone:-)

Happy Gaming

DoomieUK

eliminate it :)
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.